Cactuar Crate - Visions of Amareth Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 22, 2015.

1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

@Sokolov Oversight. Twin Headed Kanen is an Alpha, but it's bg limit is 2. Should be 1.

2. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Should it, though? I think this is a good time to be asking that. What is the gameplay driven criteria used to decide which runes are limited to 1? What about Two Head says limit 1? What about the other alphas? Is it the Pack Leader? Why?

Same goes for the G'hern.

Is it all simply because they were not intended to be played in any other way except the one envisioned for the theme? With the one leader type and a bunch of minions? In that case, why is Two Head fairly runnable outside his theme? Why is Kanen Slipped? I don't understand why this limitation is supposed to affect them outside their theme.
    It seems to me like the better approach would be to make these themes work MUCH better when played as intended (rather than by playing a full alpha deck or something), instead of limiting runes to 1.

Unless the problem is that you wanna keep making runes and you're concerned there will be no reason to play them if people can just slap a bunch of 2x of older runes in their bg. This can certainly be a problem for a game such as Pox, but I believe this solution is temporary (but then again, so are all of Pox solutions in general) because eventually roles will get overfilled regardless (just slower) and I don't like the effect this approach has on draw consistency.

Ballballer likes this.
  3. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I like running set ablaze and regen though.

Something like this would allow a lot of potential builds:

1: Set Ablaze, Portal, Annihalate
    2: Regen, Fire Eater, Pawn

4. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

But then you can't get Portal + Set Ablaze (which themacca wants to keep). I guess someone is always gonna be unhappy with the upgrade paths, and swapping Set Ablaze for a base ability isn't really an options, too bad, might be best to just leave him alone then

5. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

@Senshu Fictional Forum points need to be awarded. Also see if you can't talk Gedden into allowing an official reskin with something akin to this flavor text and new rune to commemorate the seamstress.

6. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Yes please. One of my favorite bgs to play.

Anima26 likes this.
  7. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

Any chance you could give Stitched Seamstress some help?

She was a great champ, but is just a shadow of her former self after the repeated collateral nerfs she received.

At the very least, please give her a basic physical attack.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  8. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

Eh I still use her. Very useful with certain equips. She's overcosted though.

9. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

Ritual of Destruction doesn't work properly, I think it might target the unit it destroys so the 10 acid damage never hits any opponents. Make the destroy effect trigger before the acid damage trigger.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I think it depends on deploy order.

11. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

As you said, Stitched Seamstress is way overcosted for what she brings to the table.

12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

How in the hell is Spell Trap 20 nora?

No, I did't lose to this. Figured 'd go back an make my indirect shrine kill bg, and the spell's 20 nora. Thats... this is not ok people. It was easy enough to trigger when it was 40 nora an highly effective when you picked your moments. If it needed a buff. droping it to 35, sure. 30 an extreme maybe, but 20. Someones lost their mind.

Up it's cost at least to 30 please. Even I feel dirty playing this.

InB4 Chrono Trap bgs.

13. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

By any chance does it stack? It would be funny to cast it 8 times and then see the shrine explode when they cast a single spell.

14. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

it is
    use Chronomancer

not sure u right compere her to Ritual Cultist

15. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Yes, it does stack an that's the usual plan. Cast it so they stack, then allow them to harm themselves. Even if they realize what your doing. There's no reason to stop setting it up. For maybe 3 stacks you can prevent your opponent from using a spell again for fear of not knowing how many Spell Traps are up.

16. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

In all honestly, I love that it stacks. However the low cost and resulting low cooldown can make this overbearing. If it stays this low, it needs to loose stacking, or some damage. If it is to keep the stacking effect, and it's current damage (which I prefer) then it's cost needs to be raised.

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yes, it stacks. It's ok. Built a couple BGs that tried to use it, and it sometimes works.

18. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Maybe. My intention was to force a choice though. I don't want too many units to have access to both of them.

19. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

Sokobro,

About Akakios,

So is this confirmed/possible that we can try Guarded Draksar instead of Commander in u1 ?

Peace

20. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I actually reviewed all the Circle runes and added Devotee to an upgrade line for all of them.

Xirone, Qucas, Tweek516 and 1 other person like this.