Discussion: Final Patch of 2015

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

So your point would be... since it doesn't come into play, we might as well remove it. And I say since it doesn't come into play, removing it doesn't seem like it'd change much.

Perhaps we envision very different additional changes for them outside of that change.

2. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

I've also played against FS players using "Font of Restoration" which heals %50 HP which normally is 22HP, if normal attacks are actually 15dmg then that wouldn't be efficient, am i right?
    I've also played vs a shitton of crystal phoenixs, i dont know what this means

3. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Font of Restoration is really expensive.

4. Sokolov

Yea, font got nerfed hard during the Corpse era, but it may not be worth that much now given the relatively weaker champs. But when Moog was 69 HP and +5 from banner.. healing something like that for 40 or less was pretty nutty. Not sure if it always had Cleansing Aura, that could be removed and have the relic be more focused on that spot heal.

5. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

All of this seems to assume a full semi-aquatic themed deck. A less 'swingy' version would help enable semi-aquatic modules within other bgs.

For example, I run FS plants which have two semi-aquatic champs (mandrake and death lily), and the deck can't afford to run a lot of water gen. Quite regularly those champs have to move in and out of proximity to water which can really hurt them -- so for that bg (and probably anything with a sub-module) semi-aquatic is overcosted.

As an aside, the real kicker isn't just the loss of AP gen, it's that the reduction of the AP cap can cost you stored AP too. There's a situation where a move away from water costs 2AP (because you lose stored AP when the cap drops) which can come in to play surprisingly often.

6. Sokolov

By the way, I am loving this discussion right now. Thanks to everyone who has been participating :)

Tweek516 and DarkJello like this.
  7. Sokolov

Assuming SemiAquatic doesn't cost very much and you don't mind being "sandbagged" by it. It's the same with many themed runes - you can't splash them without feeling a bit sandbagged. Though I understand you mean to run enough water to take advantage in your example.

I do agree right now that semis cannot be splashed at all pretty much right now though, so that is definitely a point in favor of such a change.

8. Sokolov

It is intended to reward activity, at least in the lower leagues. It's a trade off between letting you climb ASAP or actually requiring you to demonstrate consistency over time to be eligible for the higher leagues. It's true there's no specific win streak reward, but mathematically it does count those for the higher ranks.

Maybe it takes too long to get up the leagues right now so you start to see too much separation, but at the same time i don't think you should be able to get to the last league in a couple weeks either, especially given the type of rewards we are offering. It's supposed to take awhile.

That said, I think either way people have expressed they do want to see a global rank that is not related to leagues, which seems like something that could be done and it'd further differentiate global rank and leagues (which is a less competitive system for the majority of players who aren't in the top leagues).

9. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Lonewolf still has not hit BM league and he was the second person to hit Limited League...

10. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

Concerning semi aquatic, what if you reduced the AOE it searches for water to 2? and maybe make water front (and well all fronts) only make water on 'spawn' and end of your turn to make terrain counterplay possible? KF has grass, IS has rock (to some extent), SL has sand and ST has snow/ice, other factions are out of luck

11. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Battlemasters only on the site does feel a little odd. Like, there's only 9 rn so the ranking page is a bit lonely.

Ballballer and Cydna like this.
  12. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Think it's just because he's not a great player.

Cydna likes this.
  13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

That would probably destroy the theme.
    @narvoxx

14. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

To get to BM league you have to win more than you lose. So lonewolf is pretty much going 3-3 instead of 3-2 which is why he hasn't advanced.

15. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

I have an issue with this.

16. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

• Only players who have reached the Battlemaster league will now appear on the Ranking's page.
    this is bugged or something; I haven't updated T_T @Senshu

17. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

The weirdest stuff gets nerfed every patch. Amp psy and frost too good? Better nerf amp across the board. Plant hive nerf? Wat?

I really dont like sweeping global changes. So many borderline/already bad runes just got so much worse.

18. Sokolov

When I reviewed the cost of Amplification, there was a bunch of weirdness. Now the costs make more sense as a whole class of abilities, rather than some weird ones costing a different set of values. So I don't think it's weird at all.

I don't disagree that collatoral damage happens when this occurs, but I generally prefer that abilities are properly costed relative to each other first because otherwise adjustments to runes end up being wrong because the underlying components are miscosted. We just have different priorities perhaps in this regard.

Hive was creating real relic and a weird half HP version at that (something we are phasing out). I fixed it so it summons a full HP version and costed it for that. Upon review though I do see I thought Hive was 40 nora for some reason, so Summon: Hive will goto 15 instead of its current 20, which will go in next patch.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
    DarkJello and Kampel like this.
  19. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

I dont think consolidation should take precedence over game balance would be my main point. Like amp fire just got a +4 nora hike across the board and its an ability thats pretty much exclusively found on relatively weak champs. If you gave a manual -4 to the affected champs and i missed that then my bad. But the concept of making a barely playable theme even weaker for the purposes of consolidation is very fustrating as a player.

20. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I disagree with this premise because when future runes are released you have the consolidated price to work with, whereas if you just keep it as is it will cause troubles down the line.
    Main point is: weaker units is not an excuse to not have consolidation on things. Now would be a perfect time to have an amp fire themed expansion, for example, or a push to buff some shoeboxed runes.

Ifem21, DarkJello and doubtofbuddha like this.