Euan Ironfist

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Firk, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

IS there any way to make him feel like a hero again, or atleast runnable? Euans hammer does not do it for me?

2. Griselbrand

Griselbrand The King of Potatoes

Give him +1 RNG again and bump his HP a little. Should do the trick

3. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

i honestly dont think that would fix him i would like him either to be cheaper lose 1 speed and get like 1-3 range also the consecrate nerf hit him that was the only thing that made me run him

4. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Talgar and Euan just need to be reworked. While they both should be useful in a paladin or dwarf deck... I think Euan should be tailored for Paladins with upgrade lines specific to synergy there...while Talgar should have focused upgrade lines for drunken dorfs...he looks like a drunk maniac anyway.

Ifem21, IMAGIRL and Griselbrand like this.
  5. Griselbrand

Griselbrand The King of Potatoes

Agreed

6. Asidra

Asidra Well-Known Member

I think Talgar is in a better state. Anytime you are dropping 90 nora on a mele champ, they need to be both a threat and have some survivability. Talgar can get multiattack and Hammer Throw as well as Tough2. But Euan can't really get Block and Surge (which he needs to be an offensive threat), and with Impenetrable gone he literally doesn't have enough to protect hos nora cost.

7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

In the lore, isn' Euan the drunken one though? I disagree with making one a Pally hero and one a Dwarf/drunken hero.

Euan's problem is that he doesn't give off that hero vibe. Seems just like Dwarven King imo. Too expensive for what he brings to the table.

8. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Would just be a way to ensure they fit in at least one deck

9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I've reworked these 2 guys over and over.

The only time people really like them both is when they had -15 nora modifier and undercosted abilities.

At this point, I am honestly not keen on touching them again. There's plenty of stuff to buff/change that haven't gotten attention.

Alakhami and Griselbrand like this.
  10. Sokolov

This is already what was done, kind of, except that Euan was defensive-paladin, and Talgar is meta dwarf, while Maeck is the drunken dwarf one.

Griselbrand likes this.
  11. Sokolov

This is exactly what DOG tried to get away from with the revamp - the swiss army knife offensive melee tank with ranged options. Talgar does come close to this, but does cost more than he used for the same thing.

In Euan's case, he brings utility instead (AE buffs, AE cleanse/heal). So instead of being able to be extra survivable AND offensive threat in addition to that utility, he has to pick one or the other.

Griselbrand likes this.
  12. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

He doesn't provide enough support for 87 nora. He doesn't provide enough offence for 87 nora. He's torn ability wise as half and half and does neither well , thats his problem.

Anotherblackman likes this.
  13. Sokolov

Given that he doesn't just do one thing, I'd fully expect that he doesn't provide enough support for X or whatever.

If he provided enough support for 87 nora AND he provided enough offense for 87 nora, AND he is fairly beefy as he is AND he is 7 SPD as he is, I'd think we were dealing with some OP monster.

If you want to argue his ENTIRE PACKAGE isn't worth 87 nora, that's fine, but you'd have to be more specific than that and seems to be a different argument than the one you are currently making. And certainly a rune that isn't as streamlined should have some advantage (and in this case, he does cost less than he should by a good bit due to modifiers).

At the same time, I think there's plenty of room in Pox for runes that do one thing well and nothing else, runes that do a couple things okish, etc. Or, at least, it kind of has to be that way given the forced upgrades (personally, I wanted to remove upgrades so runes were more specific, but that's a different argument/discussion altogether).

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
    Alakhami, Ifem21 and Griselbrand like this.
  14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

So much this.

15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Poor Euan, gonna be sitting it that "Im not good enough for a BG but Im not bad enough for the shoebox" box.

Griselbrand likes this.
  16. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Rekt tho.

17. Axeraiser

I agree with you on a lot of points and honestly it doesn't effect me either way, you've done so many great buffs I don't particularly care if Euan gets changed or not.

In regards to héros most of them were that Swiss Army style champ that did multiple things well when they were released, that was the whole point of them, hence them being Hero's, they were supposed to OP. You head Menelaus hitting like a truck at 8 range and also had Heal Mass 3 for that support. Klizik hitting like a Freight train and Summoning Spiderlings for support. Xulos being able to hit hard from range and providing support through Dark Favour and Grace of the Dead etc etc etc the list goes on for a lot of hero's with only a few exceptions. Thats the reason people want Euan buffed , because he's a shadow of his former self.

When I look at the list of heros after the changes most of them are pretty streamlined and either fill one role or the other. Euan doesnt unfortunately and thats his problem.

Griselbrand likes this.
  18. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Change him. He's the reason i play IS and the reason i left the game.
    I swear.

19. Sokolov

All you did was list all their good points and say it's good, while basically saying Euan doesn't have any good points. That seems unfair. And we shouldn't be comparing them to pre-revamp, so I am not convinced by an argument that says he's worse than pre-revamp. Of course he is. They ALL are.

Finally, all of these cost more than Euan, especially we note that Mena is 102 base as well, so sure, we could add another 10-15 nora of abilities/stats onto Euan and it'd feel quite different. Euan also has a lot more tankiness than Mena and has an AE cleanse.

So is that what people want? A 100ish nora Euan? Are there abilities on Euan that are overcosted? Should he less DMG and focus more on defense? Or do we want to turn him into an offense machine with just a hint of support like the other Heroes you mentioned?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
  20. Axeraiser

Euan doesn't have any good points thats the point, he's ok at supporting and he's ok at attacking but he's not GOOD at either. Euans hammer at 8 nora is a bit of a sandbag its rarely useful, surge enemy is decent but at 10 nora its not really worth it for a champ who's having an identity crisis as to whether he should be sitting back support with Battlemaster and CTE or getting in the fight. He's only got 14 nora worth of abilities on base so I don't get how he's coming in at 90 nora almost. Im not sure how people would like him to be reworked, I'm sure they would post their opinions here if your open to doing so.