Krapitalism: Circa 2015

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DarkJello, Dec 28, 2015.

1. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

The separation of church and state was a HUGE win for personal liberty.

I believe that the separation of business and state is the next big step needed.

Question, comments, and funny observations are most welcome.

2. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

I like discussing with you, but I am not a fan of those Molyneaux videos. It also enforces a very skewed time investment in the discussion: You can post a video (which you would have watched regardless, since you like them), while I (and I think many others) have to invest 24 minutes before they can even reply to you.
    Thus your time investment is a few seconds, while the time investments of all those who don't want to watch those videos adds +24 minutes.

Thus, my suggestion: Take the video as the background, but don't make it mandatory to watch it. Present the main argument which you want to have discussed yourself and I would be happy to reply. :)

Geressen, badgerale and DarkJello like this.
  3. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

@iPox that is preposturous. it's mandatory to watch the cult leaders videos, how else would he know we were loyal followers. thereore there is no problem.

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Crony Capitalism is a term that has been thrown around by Republicans this election cycle to try and keep up the pretense that they're against big government and the bond between government-business, but receive funds from businesses as politicians to highlight certain topics or talking points.

Irony at it's finest.

Geressen likes this.
  5. DarkJello

It appears to me that all too often big business hijacks the gvt, and rigs the laws so that they win at the expense of a very large % of the citizens. (Subsidies, low or 0% corporate tax rates, massive bailouts, grants, loans at or near 0%, special exemptions, trillions and trillions in contracts). Church and state was an unholy alliance that made most people serfs at best. Business and state is grinding down too many peeps, i.e. Rich = richer and poor = poorer.

I am NOT saying all of the above must stop 100%, but that too much back scratching is occurring.

Said another way, I agree with almost all the problems that Bernie identifies. But he seems to think that more gvt will fix things, while I think big business will continue to corrupt many laws. Finally, I don't know how to resolve all of the Krapitalism. Perchance discussion here will spark an epiphany.

LaterZ.

iPox likes this.
  6. DarkJello

I started caring about politics 14 years and 3 months ago. And I came into contact with the idea of Crony capitalism (aka Krapitalism) within a few years. The forms and techniques of corruption are not all that novel.

BP, I am not a politician. I am not part of big biz. I am 1 citizen sharing my opinions in OT.

7. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I'm not watching the video, but i think a lot of the problem is that national politics, and taxation, never properly adapted to traditional globalisation, and have certainly never adjusted to internet era globalisation.

It really bothers me that companies are so huge, and that they own so many brands, that they can gain unfair tax advantages, that it becomes increasingly hard for completion to develop.

DarkJello likes this.
  8. SkeletonKing

SkeletonKing The King of Potatoes

That's why he's talking about them and not you... o_O

Geressen likes this.
  9. DarkJello

He needs to clarify his statement. Right now it reads: Repub politicians are using the word "Krapitalism" to make fools of their voters.

I own and routinely wear a "Defund the GOP" t-shirt. Most GOP politicians are yucky. Sadly, most Dem politicians are just as bad.

The first step is to clean our own house, then we will focus the insurgency on corrupt Dem politicians. Victory and such, FTW!