East Coast: Whiter than the Oscars

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DarkJello, Jan 22, 2016.

1. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Pfff, that's nothin'. We've been having weather like that in Canada for the past month now.

#getonourleveleh

3. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

It's -1 celcius at night here.

climate change deniers killed winter.

can someone translate the bodyparts lenghts and arbitrary temperatures based on a feverish human into milimeters, centimeters, decimeters or meters and arbitrary temperature based on the state of water on sea level AKA Celcius? I'm too lazy.

4. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

I'm in central NC right now. We currently have about 1-2 inches of snow. I'm not too impressed.

5. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

#dissapointed
    [​IMG]

6. DarkJello

You mean people skeptical of the global warming hysteria?

The climate has NEVER stopped changing, and nobody denies that fact.

Have a good one man. I sure hope snowmageddon is a bust.

7. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

it has nothing to do with the uterus, also yes.

also global climate change at an excellerated pace caused by humans is a thing.

darklord48 and Bellagion like this.
  8. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Lol. Liked for etymological awareness

9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

neither does your mom.

Facts / Truth.

10. DarkJello

January 23, 2016

Gov. Cuomo banned all travel in New York City because of a massive snowstorm that could dump 30" of snow on the city.

Cuomo announced a ban on roads in all of lower New York State. Port Authority bridges and tunnels into New York City were also closing. The travel ban was to start at 2:30 p.m.

The governor warned that if you are caught on the road during a ban you could face a large fine. He did not specify what that fine would total.

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/81021383-story

[​IMG]

NASA astronaut Scott Kelly captured this rare view of "thundersnow" in a blizzard battering the U.S. East Coast on Saturday (Jan. 23) from a window on the International Space Station.
    CREDIT: NASA/Scott Kelly via Twitter (@StationCDRKelly)

http://m.space.com/31717-blizzard-thundersnow-jonas-storm-astronaut-photo.html

11. DarkJello

January 23, 2016

The massive blizzard will go down as one of the worst in city history, Mayor de Blasio said Saturday. The storm — which killed at least nine people as it traveled up the East Coast Friday — will likely dump between 20 and 25 inches of snow on the city Saturday, the mayor said.

If more than 20 inches fall, the blizzard will be one of the five worst since record-keeping began in 1869.

About 1,000 flights out of New York City-area airports were cancelled, including 90% of flights from LaGuardia.

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/national/gov-cuomo-declare-state-emergency-blizzard-article-1.2506950

12. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

this proves nothing, show me the percentages.

13. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

What are you babbling about? If the storm delivers more than a certain amount of snow, it will be a top 5 storm. The amount depends on where you're talking about. It's quite objective really.

DarkJello likes this.
  14. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

I've never been comfortable with travel bans or mandatory evacuations due to weather (or natural disaster) in a free society. Travelling in a blizzard is dumb and dangerous. Not getting out of the way of an oncoming hurricane or fire is dumb and dangerous.

Being dumb should not be an punishable offence in a free society. The potential harms suffered are their own penalty.

Saandro and ssez like this.
  15. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

we had thundersnow a few years ago, i think like 2 snowmageddons ago or something (the naming conventions for these things are pretty shite)

had to go out in it to get some stranded neighbors, it was really pretty. the lightning basically painted the landscape blue every time it went off (frequently).

side note, but what exactly is a "free" society? that seems counterintuitive as a concept (or possibly oxymoronic, you get what i'm saying i assume)

16. DarkJello

Stay safe man. You are a keeper. :)

17. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

there has always been snow, where's the proof that this is anything special, stop covering for DJ, let him awnser, wheres the percentages!?

18. DarkJello

Objective facts and clear logic FTW 24/7/365, and twice on Sunday. :cool:

ssez likes this.
  19. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

20. DarkJello