Trump: Dawn of the 3rd Party

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DarkJello, Dec 8, 2015.

1. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

what happens in the US at times can affect the world but wat happens in the world often times doesn't have nearly the same impact on this country as it would on european ones. The US is separated by an ocean and its economy is different than the ones in europe. imo.

2. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Logic no matter. Criticism against Cruz is racist. Get with the times. ;)

3. DarkJello

Coworker just shared this gem with me, between patients. She finds Trump "distasteful and crazy", but has been around long enough to also be disenchanted with big gvt.

"The government announced that it is changing its national symbol to a condom because it more accurately reflects the government's political stance. A condom allows for inflation, halts production, destroys the next generation, protects a bunch of pricks, and gives you a sense of security while you're actually being screwed."

Tru dat says I.

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

liked for the analogy lmao

Ohmin and DarkJello like this.
  5. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

just one condom couldn't possibly do all that.

i guess it's the spirit of the thing...

DarkJello likes this.
  6. DarkJello

I hoped a lighter tone would be a nice change of pace. Also, protection is important. :D

7. DarkJello

January 24, 2016

Rather than jetting out of town after holding events, as has become his pattern, Trump schmoozed with some of the state’s Republican leaders, spent Saturday night at a Dutch-style hotel in a small town, ate at a restaurant with a prime-rib buffet, took photos with locals and went to church Sunday morning.

With the Feb. 1 caucuses quickly approaching, Trump made seven major appearances in seven days in the state last week, spending two nights and trying out retail politics.

The overnights gave the billionaire real estate developer a closer look at life in Iowa, beyond what he sees out the windows of his private plane and motorcade. He marveled at how Iowa has good steak and how the television airwaves are packed with so many attack ads.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ory.html?postshare=3571453688116104&tid=ss_tw

8. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

"Normal" Presidents have continuously screwed the country over*?

You mentioned earlier:

(Emphasis added, for reals this time.)

Hillary is "normal" same as Obama, with a little extra spice (gender and skin color respectively). But "normal" is increasingly become synonymous with dishonesty, increased totalitarianism, war, bad economic policies, etc. People are tired of that, though obviously there are differing views on how to handle it.

Personally I think people are way too focused on the Presidential race in general. But part of me doesn't really blame them. The Tea Party congressional elections were supposed to get stuff done, but it doesn't seem to have been as effective as many would hope.

*(At least from the perspective of supporters of "non-normal" candidates like Trump or Sanders, and some others.)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    DarkJello likes this.
  9. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

That isn't the first time I seen or heard it. It's also one way of putting it.

DarkJello likes this.
  10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

11. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

you've never been to a pass the condom party?

DarkJello likes this.
  12. DarkJello

Tends to be right after Sunday school, iirc. :eek:

13. DarkJello

January 26, 2016

Trump has topped the 40% mark for the first time in CNN/ORC polling, standing at 41%. That more than doubles the support of his nearest competitor, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, who notches 19% support in the poll. No other candidate hit double-digits. Florida Sen. Marco Rubio landed at 8%, retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson at 6%, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush at 5%, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie at 4%, and the rest at 3% or less.

Trump's lead is clearly significant... He leads among both men and women, younger and older voters, white evangelicals, conservatives and both self-identified Republicans and independents who lean toward the party.

There are two subgroups where Trump's lead is less dominant: college graduates and tea party supporters. Even among those groups, however, he remains at the head of the pack. Among those holding degrees, 26% back Trump, 20% Cruz, and tea party supporters split 37% for Trump, 34% for Cruz.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/26/politics/donald-trump-ted-cruz-polling/index.html

14. DarkJello

January 26, 2016

Trump is the first candidate in modern memory to say he would withdraw from a debate at such a consequential moment on the primary calendar.

Trump long has objected to the participation of Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly as one of the three moderators, claiming she has treated him unfairly with both her questioning of him at last August’s debate and her commentary since then.

Trump also said that a “wise-guy press release” that the network issued earlier on Tuesday belittling him was inappropriately antagonistic and childish.

Fox’s statement said that network officials “had learned from a secret back channel that the Ayatollah and Putin both intend to treat Donald Trump unfairly when they meet with him if the becomes president.”

The statement added that Trump “has his own secret plan to replace the Cabinet with his Twitter followers to see if he should even go to those meetings.”

After reading it, Trump said: “I said, ‘Bye-bye.’"

“Fox is playing games,” Trump said. “They can’t toy with me like they toy with everybody else. Let them have the debate. Let’s see how they do with the ratings.”

Earlier Tuesday, Fox News Channel Chairman and Chief Executive Roger Ailes said the network would defend Kelly even if it means losing Trump in the debate.

By announcing that he will not debate, Trump likely will dominate news coverage and deny Cruz and other opponents a face-to-face confrontation before Iowa Republicans go to caucus.

Trump’s decision also allows him to avoid direct questioning from Kelly and her co-moderators, Bret Baier and Chris Wallace, at a time when he has come under increased scrutiny over his past positions on social issues that are important to many Iowa Republicans.

The reaction from Trump’s rivals ranged from criticism to mockery.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...fa0b2e-c490-11e5-a4aa-f25866ba0dc6_story.html

This is yet another interesting wrinkle in the saga of The Donald. Krazy? Genius? Suicide?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  15. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Dunno.

I do remember that Rand Paul (who was excluded due to low poll ratings... that were actually higher than Jeb Bush once other polls weren't excluded) actually got a fair bit of attention doing a Q&A during the last Republican Debate. He's still (unfortunately) not nearly as relevant as I personally would have liked, but it seemed like a better deal for him than probably showing up would have been. So maybe it'll work for Trump. Who knows.

I do like that he's called out at least one of the "debate" moderators as being biased, but I think if he doesn't do anything else with it... *shrug* plus, it didn't seem like he did to well in the last one, so I'm sure some will spin it to their favor regardless (and I'm not talking about Kelly or Fox News here either, though I'm sure they will too).

Then again my bias as that almost all of these "debates" are pretty crappy to begin with.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
    DarkJello likes this.
  16. DarkJello

Trump says he will probably run a competing event to raise money for US vets. Machinations.

17. DarkJello

18 minutes of info, and fun, and some zaniness.

18. DarkJello

- JANUARY 26, 2016 -

TRUMP CAMPAIGN STATEMENT ON FOX NEWS DEBATE

(New York, NY) January 26th, 2016 - As someone who wrote one of the best-selling business books of all time, The Art of the Deal, who has built an incredible company, including some of the most valuable and iconic assets in the world, and as someone who has a personal net worth of many billions of dollars, Mr. Trump knows a bad deal when he sees one. FOX News is making tens of millions of dollars on debates, and setting ratings records (the highest in history), where as in previous years they were low-rated afterthoughts.

Unlike the very stupid, highly incompetent people running our country into the ground, Mr. Trump knows when to walk away. Roger Ailes and FOX News think they can toy with him, but Mr. Trump doesn’t play games. There have already been six debates, and according to all online debate polls including Drudge, Slate, Time Magazine, and many others, Mr. Trump has won all of them, in particular the last one. Whereas he has always been a job creator and not a debater, he nevertheless truly enjoys the debating process - and it has been very good for him, both in polls and popularity.

He will not be participating in the FOX News debate and will instead host an event in Iowa to raise money for the Veterans and Wounded Warriors, who have been treated so horribly by our all talk, no action politicians. Like running for office as an extremely successful person, this takes guts and it is the kind of mentality our country needs in order to Make America Great Again.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/trump-campaign-statement-on-fox-news-debate

I hope that FOX News takes it on the chin, while many millions support our vets instead.

19. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

trump is better/less crazy than cruz at least and just as entertaining.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
    DarkJello likes this.
  20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Meghan Kelly doesnt let Trump steamroll all over the place. Scared to get asked actual questions, you need policy to answer those. For all her flaws, Meghan Kelly (and Chris Wallace) at times are one of the few who don't go full ****** all the time on Fox News. Like Bill 'O Reilley on a very good day.

Either way, I hope Rand Paul does well.