Current BGs

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Axeraiser, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

What ya'll running these days ? Last patch changed up a lot of runes so interested to see what the BGs people are running.

@Markoth you seem to be doing well in ranked , what ya playing ?

Will post my BGs when I'm home from work.

Noctis likes this.
  2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

[​IMG]
    Archangel: Solid runes now. Gets Aid Defense from Bastion. Can proc exploit from numerous sources of Brand or Hammerstrike or Truthseeker's Sapping Armor.
    Diviners: Aid Defense and Illuminate for obvious reasons. Can also give Aura to your unit with Medal to proc battle leader more.
    Guardian: Defender for more defense, Swap and Nexus aura are baller.
    Bastion: Aid defense effects all your other units.
    Squire: Does his thing.
    Crusader: With all the other threats in the deck he usually goes unnoticed until he is a monster.
    Isran: Commander unit. Could use Barb Commander or Pally Commander but she is both a barbarian and a paladin so effects everyone.
    NCP: Utility rune.
    Plainswalker: Cuz she is bonkers.
    Truthseekers: Carry games
    Zedin cuz he is a badass.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    Fentum, Noctis, Klaud and 4 others like this.
  3. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

does Squire is better from unit with invigorate or drive?

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Carrier Squire has Grant: Action Potion

5. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Hold up a second...

Plainswalker is a she?!

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Hard to tell but that is definitely a skirt... Or a kilt.

7. Axeraiser

Plains walkers a dude definitely

Tweek516 likes this.
  8. Klaud

Klaud The King of Potatoes

I've pretty much cloned your deck Markoth because I think it looks really effective and I'm a big fan of the barbarian/paladin aesthetic. What times do you usually play? I'd like to watch you use it so I can see how you play your BG and get some ideas on how to use it effectively and properly.

(Tips & advice would also be welcome!)

9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I play most evenings after 6EST or so. I will be on later tonight because I am meeting up with some friends and will be on earlier tomorrow. I will be on pretty much all day Friday and Sat. If you see me on feel free to shoot me a message or check in on the Discord server (See the stickied thread on General Discussion) because I am usually online.

Assuming Tiny doesnt spam games tonight I should pass him with this deck.

Klaud likes this.
  10. Klaud

Klaud The King of Potatoes

I'll probably get in touch on Friday/Saturday then as I'm based in Europe! Thanks Markoth!

11. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

[​IMG]
    Barbarian Pallies #1

IMAGIRL, Klaud, Tweek516 and 2 others like this.
  12. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Nerf those suckers into the ground.

13. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Plainswalkers certainly a chick

14. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Nah, its definitely a dude.

15. flador

flador The King of Potatoes

What're people running for constructs after the last couple of patches? They got a lot of changes and I feel like my BG needs to be updated (especially with 2 shiny new Flamebreath Ballistas!), but I'm not sure where to start.

16. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

upload_2016-2-3_17-14-44.png

dugadu8 likes this.
  17. flador

flador The King of Potatoes

Well that's... nothing at all like mine. I use loadstone builders, barricade, and silverclan cavaliers to do stupid damage by slamming things into walls. So far it's worked brilliantly until they hit forge hammer and some of the nora costs.

18. Axeraiser

I had been running something similar till the forge hammer nerf, now its not really worth trying to build the theme around it, though with Builder and Cavaliers/Clockwork Swarms you can get a pretty good Reclaim based Bg going, however I'm running something more similar to cyan now and having some success so far with it.

Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 13.09.59.png

19. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

yes i know but it's 5 ap with cd 3 when Invigorate it's 4 ap with cd 3 - so Invigorate give u 12 ap in 6 round when Grant: Action Potion give u only 10
    so how is better?
    Attendant Squire or Carrier Squire
    and if i can make it more complicated what about Hound master (drive and summon) or Dwarven Sergeant (drive and Rallying Cries [Defender and Command: Block])?
    or Guardian is better then Sergeant?

20. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

better range, dont need to position it so that they will grant enough AP to get the full effect.