Anime.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by rickyjpen, Apr 10, 2014.

1. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

How many Anime fans do we have here on Poxnora :p?

What are your Top 5 favorite anime's to those that are fans?

Mine includes

1. Eden of the East
    2. Fairy Tail
    3. Fullmetal Alchemist
    4. One Piece
    5. Chrone-Shelled Regios

Runners-up in my list include

Soul Eater, Kaze No Stigma. Naruto,

Also to keep this thread continuously interesting recommend anime's that you claim others might be interested in! :)

TeaNinja likes this.
  2. Xinde

Xinde Devotee of the Blood Owl

You have One Piece and Naruto on your list. I declare this thread dead.

3. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

ace x luffy

discuss

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

team sasuke represent <3

5. Xinde

Xinde Devotee of the Blood Owl

fixed

6. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

[​IMG] Guys, I think we found the remains of Narutards in this thread.

7. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

******** naruto is my hero

chickenpox2 and rickyjpen like this.
  9. Qucas

Qucas Guest

1. Fairy Tail
    2. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    3. D.Gray Man
    4. S-cry-ed
    5. Elfen Lied

Runner's up: Tiger and Bunny, Soul Eater, Trigun, Rosario + Vampire, and Outlaw Star.

rickyjpen likes this.
  10. rickyjpen

Oh man I forgot D. Gray Man... :O I love that one! As well as several others on this list but D. Gray Man used to stick out to me alot ;)

11. rickyjpen

On the contrary. As an Anime Enthusiast I can come up with no good reasoning as to why people dislike naruto and one piece.

I can understand some people might not enjoy certain things. But I feel most are simply attempting to be anime-hispsters and evading the "mainstream" strictly due to it being mainstream. Not knowledgeable that they are making their 90% of the time disliking on mainstream anime's is becoming mainstream in itself... Because both have very clear storylines that are very direct and cover each and every end, good animations, typical anime dialogue, and a good sense of heroism. The only con I can possibly think of is filler(which makes it to where it covers all ends of the story), and the fact that they are mainstream... Of course this isn't a done said fact for everyone. No matter what someone will have a legitimate reason to dislike anything. But I feel though alot of people just dislike it because its big.

12. rickyjpen

I like the fact that yours includes 2 of my favorites. I am actually debating moving Fairy Tail to #1 on mine. But I am especially curious of S-cry-ed the one in your top 5 I have not quite heard of. Any chance you could talk briefly on why you enjoy it so much?

13. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

ftfy

BurnPyro likes this.
  14. Qucas

Qucas Guest

S-cry-ed had a great storyline, it was set in the future where a geological phenomenon occurs and a few years later a small percentage of kids gain magic powers. They grow up and form two different groups, the group that causes trouble for the government and the group that acts as police. The leaders of both groups met and a rivalry forms but a common enemy shows up later in the series and the two have to work together to defeat it. I liked the animation and the characters as well.

rickyjpen likes this.
  15. darkpally5

darkpally5 I need me some PIE!

Steins;Gate

Joker, Sirius, Kampel and 3 others like this.
  16. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Sounds interesting.

17. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

Recently (relatively) watched the following, that were surprisingly good. Like, really really good.

Shin Sekai Yori
    Seirei no Moribito
    Psycho Pass
    Bacano!
    Mushishi
    Durarara!!
    Michiko to Hatchin

It's not anime or manga (it's actually a light novel in progress), but it might as well be. You'll have a hard time reading, or even finding translations for some of it, but it's worth the pursuit IMO.
    Royal Road - Legend of the Moonlight Sculptor
    http://www.royalroadl.com/table-of-content/
    http://japtem.com/projects/moonlight-sculptor-toc/

On a similar note, and although there is an animated version (juuni-kokuki), there's the Twelve Kingdoms series. I think there are official, licensed translations for this available to purchase (physical books), but you can find unofficial translations too.
    http://twelvekingdoms.tumblr.com/post/9936316154/where-to-read-the-twelve-kingdoms

Just a friendly reminder that you should, under no circumstance, watch dubbed anime.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  18. darkpally5

darkpally5 I need me some PIE!

It is amazing, the absolute best!
    Psycho Pass is one of my favorites as well, good call Prami, watched it about a week ago, great anime.

19. mrpenguinrox

mrpenguinrox The King of Potatoes

Card Captor Sakura

Little Sakura can capture all the *****es in her cards when she inherits the ability to capture the Clow cards after she "accidentally" let's them loose.

3rd Grade ain't no match for her but those ****** clow cards don't come easily and her rival Lee is making her step up her game. Seriously watch it

chickenpox2 likes this.
  20. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Guess I'll add it to my list of animes to watch.