Grimthir vs Menalaus

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Cydna, Jan 30, 2016.

1. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

Are we fighting?

2. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

I'm pretty sure Cydna didn't mean argument as in a literal argument. He just thinks your reasoning for Grimthir being better isnt even backed up with any good reason.

3. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

Mena has a lot more utility than Grimthir (mostly due to more variety in upgrade choices and magic invuln) and can be run from 9 to 20 nora cheaper. Grimthir has slightly greater range (at the lower end) and 10 more nora. Regen 3 and Heal Mass on a higher hp champ is nice, but it doesn't outweigh the options that Mena brings to the table.

4. ButterFaceGirl

ButterFaceGirl Active Member

If its better, then it creates an unfair advantage for people with hard to get runes.

If its worse, then it's worse.

It's a trade-off between pleasing the people with limited runes, or everyone else.

And the everyone else camp is significantly bigger.

5. skarpox

Grimthir is limited because of lore. Grimlic left KF to join UD, so his time was "limited," making his KF rune limited. This is just like other card collection games. If you want him, spend the money to get him on Poxbox.

6. ChiaoLung

So why not make them similar? Which is what I was suggesting. There shouldn't be any runes that should be unplayable. Some will be situationally better than others, some might have only niche uses, but there shouldn't be anything shoeboxed just because it's hard to get.

7. ChiaoLung

I think he was originally a glitch that people were able to get in the old 100 packs. He's a champ from one of the campaigns. I think he was made able to be forged as a "workaround" from the glitch. Mind you this was years ago, so I might not be remembering correctly.

8. skarpox

I was around when he was released. KF had a Mena and Grimlic deadly combo many years back. I spent quite a bit of time trying to get Grimlic. They created the lore so that he would leave KF and thus made his rune, which was once regular, limited.

9. ChiaoLung

Fair enough. That's before my time then (and contrary to what I was told - which was Grimthir was never a regular champ.) I started playing around Nora Surge.

10. ButterFaceGirl

So you DO have garlic and thus is defending the status quo. unsurprising.

as i said, it has to be shoeboxed or pox cant grow as a legit competitive game.

11. skarpox

I think you have an agenda that you are superimposing on DOG and the player base. Why do you feel you are positioned to judge whether Pox is a "legit competitive game" or not? This game has been around a long time. It is a niche game, not main stream, and is already competitive. If you feel you are capable of changing things, join DOG and add to its value. Lastly, your arguments are faulty again. You are creating the slippery slope argument. It does immediate follow that, when some runes are LE and thus not readily available to the general player base, the game will not grow. That is like saying that, if I throw away a empty plastic bottle, I caused global warming.

12. ButterFaceGirl

It's pretty obvious i cant reason with you because your only agenda is to maintain the value of your limited runes.

13. skarpox

I have no limited runes buddy. I have 2 Legs and 1 Exo.

14. ButterFaceGirl

you said earlier you had grimthir dont backtrack now buddie.

15. skarpox

(Face Palm!) Oh the smug ignorance! Okay young man, pull up a little chair, sit down, and listen to teacher as I enlighten you about the past. Never did I say I got Grimthir. I said, "
    According to dictionary.com, trying means "to attempt to do or accomplish." When Drums of War was released in May 2007, Mena and Grimlic came on the scene as a powerhouse 1-2 combination. They both had Range 2-7, 16 Damage, and an exhaustive kit. You can see that here: http://poxpulse.com/rune/id/219 and http://poxpulse.com/rune/id/785. Acquiring these took time with the old system. I had Mena but not Grim. I was grinding for Grim when the player base complained too much about the Mena/Grim combo. So two expansions later, called Grimlic's Descent in December 2007, Octopi changed Grim from an Exo to a LE "before" I could acquire him. Thank you for coming.

16. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Oh man I forgot that site, so cool looking through old stuff, back in the day

17. ButterFaceGirl

tl;dr

garlic needs to be nerfed to shoebox. all limited availability runes should be nerfed to shoebox.

18. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Why would anyone want them then?
    There would be no point in making them. They shouldn't be stronger than alike runes (in this case Mena) but not underpowered either.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  19. ButterFaceGirl

They want them for the same reason people in tf2 want hats, because reasons.

20. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

No, hats etc are like skins - lims are different and in a tough spot.