My moga bg any advice ?

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Runegod, Dec 31, 2015.

1. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

I have been running Moga, and I would absolutely run 1 or 2 harpoons (I have been running 2). There are just so many advantages to it in general, and in Moga decks those advantages get magnified.

1) Pull into traps
    2) Pull into range of a Moga Recruiter to finish off
    3) Allow your mostly melee Moga to destroy an enemy unit
    4) Provide additional utility to no attack units (see: G'hern Sustainer and Mika)

2. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Moga trappers are x2 auto includes in moga and so are harpoons
    Stalling with traps+huge burst damage potential are perfect in moga

3. Runegod

Runegod I need me some PIE!

Ah okay so the point is to pull opponent's into the traps that's a pretty neat combo. Is their a certain direction the harpoon pulls them or is it kinda random.

Pulling an opponent into range of my moga recruiter will be awesome =).

4. doubtofbuddha

It typically is! One swarm can sometimes decisively turn the tide of battle. You can usually combine the two parts. Pull into traps, do a lot of damage, and then swarm.

I have been exploring Moga for the first time recently too. I am still not great with them, but it has been a fun ride.

5. Runegod

Yeah I love the little swarm guys, all sp themes are fun because they seem to be cooler weaker races and themes than other factions but are strong if you can play them properly. Other factions seem very straight forward and boring to me. Gonna play a few games later and try the harpoon fun. For now it's back to anno 1404 =).

6. doubtofbuddha

If you see me on-line and want to talk moga feel free to drop me a line.

I also like FS a bit too because it has off-the-wall weaker guys.

7. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

8. Ballballer

Was rolling with this for a little bit. Was tweaking the ghern i was running. Ghern need more range and less 5 speed champs:(

Edit:having trouble uploading the picture

Attached Files:

Runegod likes this.
  9. Runegod

I kinda wish they made a few moga that had overseer moga, most of the ghern suck pretty bad and don't let me run more moga.

10. Ballballer

Dirge? Otherwise thats the point of the entire ghern/moga interaction, that you cant just run all moga

11. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

I'd like to see mechanics that allow G'hern to benefit from moga, other than just getting stronger as more moga are on the board, such as certain G'hern who grow in strength as moga die or as they are summoned/spawned or those that use the moga on the board to power their abilities (like chaos brave's throw moga ability, except that it throws an actual moga rather than summoned one). I think there's design space here to add more variation to the typical moga bg playstyle.

Runegod likes this.
  12. Runegod

Yeah but many times I find myself not drawing any ghern until really late just due to poor luck.

13. doubtofbuddha

How many g'hern are you running?

14. Runegod

4 g'hern and dirge is that not enough ?

15. doubtofbuddha

Apparently not. I would try to run 5 g'hern and dirge and see if that noticably improves your success.

16. Ballballer

I run 4 ghern and dirge