Ferrens

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Sokolov, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

I like debuffing on enemy champs. It just needs to linger longer due to ferren squishy. Like one extra turn per ferren in play so you can not op it in other bgs. That is what led to problems in the past. Some snow defense and stealth so you can get some champs out. I beleive that is the problem with low dmg and hp

Example 9 dmg plus howling wind with ferren focus and tundra discipline equals 13 dmg if they have no defense. Even with buffs they still out put low dmg.

I do think that they need anti cleanse and anti heal somewhere

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  2. Mausini

Mausini I need me some PIE!

Ok, I did some testing with them again after the minor buff some of them received.

Main problem is damage and totally undefined champ roles in combination with a small champ pool.
    Survivability is quiet ok due to all the scrapper and portal dancer stuff but a lot of times you cant pull them off because swap is to situational and often puts your champs in a bad position for getting the kill. In the end its a more survivability or more damage decision and both options lead to a bad result because you pay to much for it (nora and ap wise)
    Another fun fact. Portal watcher on Brawler (just patched) does absolutely nothing. Didn't see the effect to go off after any kind of relocate.

The Problem:
    Small champ pool and undefined deck slots

The solution:
    • Make support champs real supps
    • Make brawler brawl hard
    • Make tanks tank hard
    • Give them at least one high damage ranged option
    • Give them one good stealth option (right now a lot of them have a little stealth, that doesn't help) Example: Jakei Shadowstriker
    • Give them racial centric abilities that offers stats. Almost all Ferrens do have horrible stats
    • Give Ferrens better ways to apply the Ferren Focus as AOE (Like you did with Witches) Grip of the Icelord for example is screaming for being part of a Ferren Toolset.
    • Melee Ferrens need to apply rank 2 sunder. That would solve a big part of the damage problem.
    I am sorry to say that but the last reworkes where half backed. There was no major plan for the theme resulting in "a little bit of this and that"

3. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

This has already been implemented, actually. It is called Portal Watcher.

4. Mausini

It is not implemented because its buggy and does not work

5. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Have you reported this in the bugs forum?

6. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Except it's only on one ferren lol.

7. Mausini

No, whatfor? Its a Minor ability on one champ in a dead theme. Not worth the time.

8. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

1) I don't think it's bugged. Describe the bug.

2) It's worth the time. One, because it will improve a weakened theme, and two bevause it's on multiple champions.

9. Mausini

The bug is... The ability does nothing... Plain and simple.

10. Tweek516

Huh, well I saw it working the other day w/ that mino

11. Mausini

A
    far as I know there re no other champs with portal watcher around.
    Please note: portal watcher != portal walker

12. Mausini

And while we are talking about Ferrens and the redesign I want to point on a old discussion:

In short words: there is no way back to the original Ferren play style without heavy debuffing via ferret focus. So the whole problem with the recent state of the theme could have been avoided.

13. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Thanks for the notes, @Mausini

Portal Watcher is actually NOT working as it is an expansion 28 ability that somehow snuck onto the Ferren Brawler early.

I will fix it on the live servers so he isn't paying for it (he may still display as having it for a bit).

super71 likes this.
  14. super71

Thanks sok and also that portal watcher ability =).

15. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I don't know what you are talking about ;)

super71 likes this.
  16. Mausini

The not existing Portal Watcher won't fix it. The whole Ferren champ pool needs to be tweaked into a working deck or Ferren Focus needs to go back into something it was before.

17. Tweek516

Ohhh, I apologise greatly @Mausini , I assumed it was just a typo :)

18. Mausini

NP dude

19. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Ferrens could use a long range champ, or some kind of range defense, with longer debuffs chill 5 would help, and some sort of inhibit for cleanse or healing (like a rabid ferren). I almost like to see them with better health, dmg, defense with no ferren focus but with a racial swap and portal stuff flying around and some sort of snow ice terrain defense.

20. super71

So you want them to be like every other theme in pox got it.