SLAG SLAG SLAG SLAG SLAG SLAG

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by fattyy2k, Jan 21, 2016.

1. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

How do you define working?

3. fattyy2k

It's proven frustrating enough for a couple surrender victories. It's all due to the hallucinate. That said, I believe my opponants had bad pulls :p

4. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

Slags are amazing. Litteraly my favorite them in pox. That moutain and terraced slags are tyhe real MVPs

fattyy2k and IMAGIRL like this.
  5. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

fattyy2k likes this.
  6. Woffleet

Ancient Slag is surprisingly good. Replaced Auroa slag in my BG. Also run multi 2 on caustic

7. fattyy2k

I will try multi 2, but I have found multi 1 to be enough in most cases

8. Woffleet

you will love it

9. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

@Dany90 damn no forum name?

10. doubtofbuddha

https://poxbase.com/deck/chPc2bCdlchpcxZCdvC2JCf0Cv+CdxcvUs5Qs1ks6Ys7ts59S82r2YR3hrOeke1j

This is what I am running right now.

I am thinking of a few changes though, specifically:
    -1 mountain slag + 1 ancient slag (ancient slag serves as a better wall without hurting your own units in the process)
    -1 oozeking slag + 1 whirling quarry (I hardly ever deploy a 2nd oozeking slag, and a second quarry seems potentially useful)
    -1 alacrity +1 Echo Chamber (this isn't really a power turn bg, and echo chamber has certain advantages) or +1 distract (mostly to keep the amount of non-spell aoes down)
    -1 slag slop + 1 consume resources (slag slop is cute but I am not convinced it is good, consume resources has the adantage of slowing the game down a bit at the exact moment I want it slowed down, which seems helpful for the sort of game plan I am using.)

It is going pretty well so far (10-0), but I have only had one game against a 1500+ player with it. Granted he was a Top 10 player, so that is promising but hardly definitive.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    Makorov likes this.
  11. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

The two slag deck threads have been merged. There will be a temporary redirect link available for a couple of days.

With that said, if you are purely going for a champion that will hold the enemy at bay, and if you are not worried about the slightly higher nora cost and loss of mobility Ancient Slag is the way to go.

12. doubtofbuddha

Yeah, I have been trying out Ancient Slag. He is pretty good, but not nearly as much of a hard wall as I was hoping.

13. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Yeah, it is still a bit squishy, but the area control is pretty good. You going with Tremor or Gravity Well for crowd control?

14. doubtofbuddha

Tremor for sure. Gravity Well isn't nearly as worth it right now.

15. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Anybody have dany90 deck list?

also can we revert the changes that were done on oozing slag, never knew why we nerfed slags as a theme, when the only person playing them well was dany. we now have 2 champs with oozing tap... king and terrased.

potatonuts likes this.
  16. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

I feel like slags are to poxnora as orks are to warhammer- they're the dumb mindless single objective race that everyone love for that reason... and because they both have a dumb mindless warcry thats fun to say. "SLAG" WAAAAGH" "SLAG" "WAAAGH" X)

Though, I don't like slags as much because they're even dumber then orks, somehow. Moga are actually closer in comparison as far as intelligence goes.