Cactuar Crate - Visions of Amareth Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 22, 2015.

1. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

The dream eater ability is silly. Cosigned.

2. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

I love that ability. Prob my fav in the game. Vey flavorful, although I will admit very very strong

3. fattyy2k

And one more for the road...
    image.jpeg

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Can sheoul demon have damage shield 3 replace fire eater on base abilities. And fire eater move to his 2nd upgrade path. Fire Eater is a pretty large sandbag given that you wouldnt ever really run him in a fire BG himself which is the only thing that really makes fire eater a useful ability. But losing it altogether would be a -8 discount which would have him sitting at 76 nora which is way to cheap for his stat line but 79 seems more justifiable and damage shield is useful outside of fire BG's.

Alakhami likes this.
  5. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

I'd give him additional speed aswell. UD 80~ nora beaters should have 7 speed.

6. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

That would bump his cost back to 87 though. in which case Firk damage shield altogether

7. Alakhami

yeh, firk dmg shield brah and firk fire eater.

8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I could see him getting 7 speed and losing Fire Eater if it he lost some HP as well.

9. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Or he could lose some damage and HP, instead of becoming more efficient.

10. Alakhami

Cause UD is so stroooong right now, right?

11. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Poor UD.

[​IMG]

12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

The swords have been glitched for years. UD is in second place for most DoW points.

13. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

14. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

If we talked about design instead of powerlevels of factions se could move past the sandbags as balancing mechanism and we could all have nicer to look at champions and better costed abilities.

15. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

The problem with that is that there are only so many champs that can be efficient at a particular role. "Sandbags" add ways for them to differ from each other and often put them in a certain niche which is probably the only way to make champs have personality when you have 1000 of them.

IMAGIRL and doubtofbuddha like this.
  16. fattyy2k

This has been something I have been thinking about. Take sandspitter. People keep trying to sell me on him in sand and I do not like him despite his good range. One big reason is I hate consume as I literally NEVER used it. But after messing around with SL Arthros with some Myx, it fits very well there by bein able to consume Myx drones. It fits a ranged roll very well in that BG vs a sand BG. Not saying it is bad in sand, but it is a much better fit in Arthros.
    Sometimes we have to look past how we want to use a rune and look at where it can be currently used even with the sand bags.

Now I DO think certain types of "sandbags" should be upgrade options instead of base abilities (consume being an upgrade for example)

17. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

you had potential macca,you chose the path of darkness

fattyy2k, IMAGIRL and Netherzen like this.
  18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Without sandbags people would complain about runes more. Dwarven Medic is a good example of an unsandbagged champ that people complain about.

Tweek516 and doubtofbuddha like this.
  19. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

But if every champion is sandbag free, we can reach sandbagless balance and then fix ability costing instead of sandbagging.

20. fattyy2k

Why doesn't bounce trigger opportunistic Assault? I feel as though it should