Ooze Tap

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Woffleet, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

Hi i'm a slag player and I completely agree this abillity is OP. Aproching the slag army is nearly impossible since you're healing them with every step and taking damage. In terms of nerfing it I think changing it to

Rank 1: Ooze Tap: AP Cost:2 CD:2
    Opposing champions occupying ooze take 4 acid damage and friendly slags occupying ooze heal 2 HP.

Rank 2: Ooze Tap: AP Cost:2 CD:1
    Opposing champions occupying ooze take 4 acid damage and friendly slags occupying ooze heal 4 HP.

I made two ranks because Oozing slag with it's replication would be OP if it had rank 2. The basic dea is that we keep the effects of Ooze tap with the self heal and enemy damage except now its counterable(distract), and much less potent. You can actually aproach.

In addition I think it'd be cool if Ooze terrains uses were enhaced. By this I mean abilities like Ooze Master

please comment

Ssharsted and doubtofbuddha like this.
  2. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Replicates should not have upgrades of the original champion.

Kendoshi, Ifem21, super71 and 2 others like this.
  3. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

true but thats a different issuse. Please focus on the ability Ooze tap and possible solutions to fix it

4. Alakhami

It's related, since the replicates of Oozing Slag have Ooze Tap.

5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Splitting it into ranks makes the game more complicated imo. I would just keep it as a single ability and tone it down.

Sokolov is currently working on making 5 the magical number. So changing it to be 5 spaces instead of 6 and *maybe* put a cap on the amount of times it triggers per turn/round (3).

IMAGIRL likes this.
  6. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Ooze tap is kind of like super acolyte.

And hallucinogenic is probably the best passive abillity in the game on a tanky unit. The amount of bullshit you can get away with by using it is crazy.

Fun fact, impervious units still get affected by hallucinogenic debuff, so it doesn't even need to deal damage.

Also, it would be nice if wandering didn't make enemies immune to engagement.

7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ooze tap op lol your all freaking insane if you think slags are op because of ooze tap. Nerf oozing slag and use your heads jesus, slags suck they are only decent because of the replicate ability on oozing slag.

8. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I'd rather say you're all kind of right; Ooze tap is only a problem when you have many slags out, simply because the way it triggers does not depend on how many slags you have, but on where your Ooze Tap guy is. So if you have 4 Oozing Slags and 2 Hanging Slags Healing with Ooze Tap and Aura while Terraced Slag makes all your enemies Wander around while Healing itself and giving more Tap range, I say it's much better than when it was only Oozing Slag with its rank 2 Aura and Tap. Slags are now more efficient because they have more healing and therefore last longer, making an ability with unlimited potential such as Ooze Tap more efficient. It's a subtle snowball.

Nerfing Tap would be a solution, as well as nerfing Oozing Slag - I'm just unsure of the impact the theme would suffer. However personally feel that Terraced Slag should be looked at first, as a way of doing things slowly so nothing gets shoeboxed. I'd suggest removing its self heals(yea that means completely changing U2 line) so it's less annoying to bring down, and since it still has Ooze Tap anyway I doubt it'll be any bad.

9. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Regarding Terraced slag it's mostly just halluconegenic. It's a dumb ability that disables enemies way too well. (Slags have 2 sources of this broken ass ability) perhaps the healing range could be changed to within 3 spaces of the unit with the ability.

Sealer0 and Alakhami like this.
  10. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Nerf slags guys, cause you know they are so good probably even top tier. Slags are like tier 6 if such a thing exists you all need to get your heads out of your arses and start playing properly and quit your complaining.

Also, 100$ says dude doesn't even play sp and is an alt that just lost to slags.

11. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Ooze tap is one of those options abilities that are allowed to exist as a crutch for an otherwise weak theme. As more slags are released and the theme is more powerful, then ooze tap will get nerfed.

Vorian likes this.
  12. Alakhami

Open poxbase, compare the nora costs of hallucinogenic and entangling attack. What do you see?

13. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

HallucinoOPSlagtankneedsnerf

14. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Bruh your rating is a joke. Quit trying to act like you know this game.

You haven't played in what, 2 weeks now? Also, OP isn't an alt, he's an SP player lol.

15. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Is....is this actually a nerf slags thread?

Qucas, super71, Ifem21 and 2 others like this.
  16. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

More like a nerf Replicate and Hallucinogenic thread.

17. ButterFaceGirl

ButterFaceGirl Active Member

I just want to say that terraced slag is super cute.

[​IMG]

Qucas and IMAGIRL like this.
  18. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

I hate to bring it up but tier 6 theme most likely wouldn't be able to compete with whatever Tiny is running, or even come close to beating him.

Yeah, sorry for pulling that card out.

19. Sphere8274

Sphere8274 The King of Potatoes

When I play against slags I simply rush them with range before they can setup and destroy sludge pool to avoid ooze. Slag slop? Free to cast it, congratulations you have just spent 40 nora. Even if for some reason you ignored sludge pool there is still tough, inhibited and any sort of heal counter. The counters to this setup are various, specially after seism and relics nerf. Not op at all

20. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Slags or Ooze TAP aren't the problem. Hallucinogenic is undercosted, and THAT is the problem. But yeah, lets, nerf an theme that is allready weak...

super71 likes this.