PoxNora Mafia - Day Phase 2

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Comissar, Apr 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

Whatever shut it down. I think a "banned from future games list" is in order because I for one was enjoying myself this game. I have a high tolerance for stupid I guess. But to destroy something that people put effort into and others are enjoying is just wrong and shouldn't be shrugged off.

A select few ruin the fun for everyone else. Just as it's always been.

2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Well, we should also discuss who those should be so nobody is punished undeservedly ... Oh lord I gope I'm not on your lists

3. Greysands22

People who broke protocol:

Ricky
    GaiaiX
    Xinde
    Gerben
    Emries

Did I miss anyone?

You decide what to do with em. My vote would be on a one game ban. Then we can reconsider extending the ban or lifting it on a case by base basis.

4. Boozha

I'd maybe include how new they are to mafia, too. Ricky, for example, had his first game and was kind of clumsy because of that.

5. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

I stopped caring as soon as Ricky started posting and screenshots started being mentioned. Was fun anyways though. Also, we managed to get his obnoxious sig out of the way so that's a plus! And I found out why he was annoying to me (he was a Narutard and I don't have a high tolerance for those) :p

6. Xinde

Xinde Devotee of the Blood Owl

I don't think ricky and gaiax are really deserving of any sort of ban, mostly for the same reason's boozha pointed out.

PurpleTop likes this.
  7. Emries

I also wouldn't call double/triple roleclaiming trolling. It was a legit strategy for funneling votes and foiling that me and a couple others wanted to experiment with since the game was already stupid by the time we did that from Gressen

I dunno why we started spamming elephants though. I blame the long phases :p

8. Boozha

You still ruined it, Emries ... Your moves weren't helpful at all. I'm not sure if you should get a ban, but damn, sometimes you were annoying ...

9. Xinde

In general I'd like to see Emries completely banned from open comms games. Closed comms? Depends if the mod is willing to put up with him.

PurpleTop likes this.
  10. Greysands22

Xinde that sig needs to go. You should get a 5 game ban if you don't make that go away like 5 minutes ago.

11. Emries

I agree with this

12. Xinde

But :]

13. Emries

Strats can be annoying but I'll attribute that to elephants (which weren't planned at all). My moves weren't meant to be helpful to you specifically - but instead helpful to the few that were in on the plan. The core of it involved us manipulating the votes through multi-claim and foils, funneling them was the term we used. Again, it was just an experiment since the game was also stupid by the time we implemented it which is why we decided to. There's not much of an environment for testing hypothetical strats :p

14. Greysands22

Also about the I'm new defense.

I guess. But it should be common sense that the dead shouldn't be pming people and using the like function on posts.

I mean come on.

15. Xinde

I would imagine it's pretty hard to get a sense for the spirit of the game on your first playthrough.

16. Emries

But screenshots? Really?

17. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I think banning a couple people from future games might be in order to keep these games respectable. Emries really ruined it and geressen hardly took it seriously. Additionally we had a couple dead people who only fed the fire. Why would you act so disrespectfully? These games can be so fun and you blatently ruined it.

18. Xinde

Again, spirit of the game. It's like going to another country and breaking a law due to some difference in culture values.

19. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

The only person I would ban from the next game is gerb. That said Emries and Fireball get strong warnings. Any significant rules violations should result in incineration. I think people were just out of the habit of playing and with all of gerbs trolling people lost track of what they were doing. Let the new guys off for sure. I doubt they would make any of the mistakes again.

20. Emries

I still don't see how multi-claiming is acting disrespectful tbh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.