PoxNora Mafia - Day Phase 2

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Comissar, Apr 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xinde

Xinde Devotee of the Blood Owl

It's a plan that goes against town...?

2. Xinde

Basically you and gerben weren't really playing to win.

3. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

trolling with elephants, Skype call cliques, double claiming and just acting silly... I won't be playing any more open comms.

4. PurpleTop

it was the stupid elephant posts and stuff like that. You guys totally destroyed the game by doing that. And the talking dead only made that worse. Go troll someone elses thread who isn't trying to enjoy this game. I mean seriously.......

5. Xinde

So about the skype call "cliques" the only one to my knowledge is the poxnora league of legends one that we have going on, and honestly nothing really took place there aside from Emries voicing his plans like a *******. Any thing else that happened in general was just straight private messages.

6. PurpleTop

and yeah what fireball said. and you even admitted that you stopped caring at one point, so why did you carry on that moronic plan? for shits and giggles? yeah, that's kinda disrespectful

7. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I liked the open comm to be honest, it have a lot of information of incredibly varying quality. It also disables cheaters who would play closed comm with open comm.

Personally I agree with Gav; Gerben just went way, way, way over the top. (Unless he's mafia, actually. Then it'd be understandable, wouldn't it). Emries, not so sure he was annoying enough to warrant it ...

8. PurpleTop

and by "what fireball said" i meant his post after yours, emries. not the one above lol

9. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

Open comms mean exactly that Open Communications. People were on Skype making plans way before I was, because Skype is a form of Open Communication. I think we've established long ago that Open Communication mafia was a bad idea.

We were playing to win - just not with the team, because the game (and thus most of the players) were acting stupid by that time. Funneling the votes with a multi-claim meant that We (the few) could direct the votes (at least that was the experimental idea) to bypass the stupidity. It didn't work out because of long phases and elephants. Really not sure how the elephants thing caught on. Like people started requesting elephants - wtf?

Stopped caring about the game doesn't mean we'll quit the game. The plan was carried out for future reference purposes since not many others cared at that point anyways :p

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

If you don't realise what you did was wrong Emries, that's exactly the reason why you shouldn't be allowed in future ones.

PurpleTop, Boozha and Xinde like this.
  11. Emries

If you don't realize what the experimental strategy means, then you should avoid mafia games in general.

12. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Yep ... I support a ban now ...

13. Xinde

Pretty sure you were the only one making any "plans" on skype.
    I don't think we've ever had a problem with cheating in closed comms. And if we did, I would hope someone would report any attempts.

14. Emries

Just because I wasn't making them on League Skype, doesn't mean I wasn't making them on other Skype conversations. You may only be aware of one Skype clique, but believe it or not there are others. I mean, DarkPally and Jim in the same game should have been a clear indication to you. You were in a few of those Group Skypes before :p

15. PurpleTop

and saying the phases need to be shorter really bothered me. Have you guys even played mafia before?Or were you even paying attention this game? 24 hours would have been way too short. We never got anything done in that short time span.... We needed the extra time each voting phase. We should henceforth just play with the hammer-vote rule. Works the best anyway. But never a 24 hour limit on voting phases

Xinde likes this.
  16. Xinde

"to my knowledge". I wasn't aware that Jim was part of the old poxnora skype call (the only one I recall being in). Anyways, pointless. My point is that preexisting groups don't really have an additional impact on these games. It's more affinity for chaos etc.

17. Emries

I don't see why we ever stopped using the hammer-vote rule. It worked out before and it gave more material to work with because no one wanted to be the hammer without a good reason.

Loyaute likes this.
  18. Emries

Jim is an LB. It's that group.

19. Xinde

I'm trying to understand what's going on here...But did Emries just say something sensible?

20. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

You guys are hilarious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.