PoxNora Mafia - Day Phase 2

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Comissar, Apr 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

It's like the simplest game with the simplest rules but somehow you manage to drag it to some weird place where you have the likes of Emries forming ludicrous cabals.

Geressen likes this.
  2. Regulate

Vote: all of u.

Geressen likes this.
  3. Regulate

Unvote: Dagda

Dagda likes this.
  4. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Oh shaddap

5. Regulate

Never! If I could like my own posts I would.

Napalm Monk and Xinde like this.
  6. Xinde

Xinde Devotee of the Blood Owl

Forum Facebook integration? :p

7. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

First forum game of maffia, thought you lot might forget...

loads of this, all my real life games of werewolves/maffia were very diffirent in style

These things really set me off.

8. Regulate

Real life games rest a lot on facial expressions, body language, etc

Forum games rely instead of reasoning/logic, 'tone'/style, and posting trends.

Or hearsay and whimsy if you play with open communication.

9. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

What do you have against whimsy?

Seriously is this game over? Can we just get the roles from KTC or whoever and I can go on with my life.

10. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

While it really ties together any dreary old room it doesn't really work with all the hearsay.

KTC has already made a new thread with a few reserved posts

11. Xinde

IMO this game should be finished otherwise we set a standard where players just quit a game if they don't like it.

TeaNinja likes this.
  12. Xinde

Precedent* not standard

13. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i kinda have to agree at this point. we can worry about moderation in the pre-game for whatever the next setup is

14. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

From what I have seen of the discussion so far, I completely intend to continue this game, though I understand the feeling for all of you. After this phase, I will repost the game in a new thread, leaving off where we started.

As for moving it 48 hours => 24 hours, a lot of non activity came in, but a lot of that I believe was due to the length of the day phase. People were checking and posting on the first day, they just felt no pressure to actually make a decision about their votes until the second day, which allowed for some of the spam to enter in in my opinion. In other games I have hosted where they were "Live" - i.e. mafia in a Skype chat and/or mafia in person - you are forced to make a decision fairly quickly, there isn't much room or space for you try to be too goofy, you have to make a vote and make it fairly quickly. I feel this will be best. Given that I extended the night phase for people to catch up, I will just move the day phase to 24 hours now.

*PERSONALLY* - I have not seen any action in this game as bannable.

I will encourage that all dead people cease talking in the thread, however, if you have anything to say, you will send me a message about it.

And yes, I completely intend on the game continuing to the end. At this point in time, I do not see any clear winner in the game. Because of that, I see no reason for the game not to continue.

Continuing the game will serve multiple purposes - first and foremost, allowing this game to be closed out =P. If you *HONESTLY* feel like there is nothing to contribute left in the game, then just put in your votes and don't look back at the thread. Secondly, it will allow me enough time to set up the next mafia and help work things through =).

If you have any other comments and questions, please feel free to send me a message. As it is, given that there have been no contestations, I will declare NapalmMonk dead this phase.

15. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

No gruesome death? No statement of role and affiliation? I call shenanigans :p

16. KTCAOP

The sergeant had his hands full this day. There was chaos and debates everywhere! Merchants and townsfolk bickering back and forth with each other ranging on everything from the color of their hair (or scales) to the quality of the fish. At the end, however, through the chaos, the debate as to who was the cause of a lot of trouble finally brought up.

"EMRIES!" Shouted one side of the group of people as they gathered around. "NAPALMMONK" shouted the others. After the sergeant finished his rounds and calming down most of the chaos, he gathered his soldiers and finally decided on the call to action.

"NapalmMonk - you have been chosen." NapalmMonk looked at the sergeant and understood. He walked with the sergeant up to the gallows and was calm. Up until the noose was around his neck, as though he realized his life would be over. "Wait, WAIT, NO! I don't want to die, it wasn't me! It was never me! I swear you to yo…" he was cut off as the trapdoor fell and he was chocked out by the noose of the gallows.

The sergeant then ordered a search of NapalmMonk's person and possessions, and after hours of searching, they only found a glider, some coin, and a journal with obscure writing about his plans for his next adventure. It appeared that NapalmMonk was nothing more than a Salaman Daredevil.

~IT IS NOW NIGHT PHASE~ - Night phase will last until Saturday - 12:00 PM PDT, Saturday 7:00 PM GMT.

17. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Alright, Emries is next.

18. KTCAOP

As night time fell, KTCAOP went around to wander the streets, mulling about, considering everything that happened. KTCAOP was never seen again that night. Some said that KTCAOP rose to greatness, becoming one of the rulers of old, however, that was all speculation. For anyone else, all that was known about KTCAOP was the title of being a simple squire.

Geressen likes this.
  19. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

lol @ that post

20. KTCAOP

Removed - Tried to test something, and it utterly failed T_T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.