Remembering all the missed dudes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cydna, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Pssh it goes:
    Burn/baller/maybe markoth on a good day
    Markoth/hospy
    Spieky

Theyll miss burn and me because we're good
    Theyll miss markoth because hes good and nice
    Theyll miss hospy because he has a thousand alts and can rage
    Theyll miss spieky because hes funny

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
    IMAGIRL, Qucas, SPiEkY and 1 other person like this.
  2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Woah, sep is pretty big on youtube.

Imagine if he did a pox vid....

yo @Sokolov , @Senshu - maybe you could approach him about something like this?

3. Ssharsted

Ssharsted Member

Lepakko - my favorite UD player
    Hashishin was always a Circus - anoying and entertaining, and never ever tell him this - but also pretty good

Faust likes this.
  4. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

5. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Damn, I remember that channel having like 10k subscribers.

6. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

compare that to my stuff and it's like sep is making big coke deals from Colombia to Mexico transnational corporation type of stuff.
    While I'm in the ghetto somewhere hustlin small time dope just to make ends meet.

and if it's worth anything, I was featured in one of seps videos. I was defeated. I was playing IS 4 lyfe at the time. It wasn't vs him, it was vs some other guy that sep seemed more interested in. Whatever dawg.
    But take note- I didn't receive none of dat juicy 10k bro. Wouldve been nice but alas.

7. Ballballer

Occulus is still the best SP player ive ever played against and is (in my mind) the only other SP main that i think could challenge me for best SPer of all time. (Hash only really abused moga when they were truly insane and konung has dodged me forever so its hard to get a read on him)

Nihilarian was way overrated. He only really played splits abusing the most broken meta goodstuff (and UD too i guess) and still wasnt that great.

Only was annoying

Thenidhogg was truly amazing and is someone i still consider to be one of the best to ever play the game

Thekracken was alright

Devourx sucked and could only abuse the doublelife deck

Nally sucked

Grgoo sucked but was at least nice

Neil was alright and cool

Kaboose was alright

I miss a lot of NAGers and the old council guild. Council was probably the most elite guild ever created (primarily because heiir/nelvaska was insanely elitist and would only allow top players to join haha). I think at one point council had something like 9 of the top 10 players for around 4 months. The next closest guild on the rankings had like 40 more active players and still couldnt overtake us. The conversations that went on in guild chat (especially getting to see nid's and others' thought processes as they played the game) made me so much better as a player its ridiculous.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    IMAGIRL, Qucas, Alakhami and 2 others like this.
  8. Jimmie1982

Jimmie1982 I need me some PIE!

Zuraith
    LordKinjo
    Arlstostle
    Hashinshin
    PODZ! (What a firk nugget)
    Goldmonkee
    MrFatal
    LadyJava
    Saitaan

All the DOS dorfs, Obsidian Legion, Frogstomp guys, everyone in the original Elven Alliance.

So many old peeps to remember.

9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Ahh, I forgot Saitaan and Sammich.

10. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I also kinda miss all the old OT guys like dommikhail and all them

11. Jimmie1982

Jimmie1982 I need me some PIE!

And ol' Samzen.

12. Ssharsted

Ssharsted Member

TheRavager

13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Not saying they were the best, but i'm just saying I miss those little Bane Shift heads and the variety they brought. Right now it's like i'm forced to play the same 20 people.

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Mercs was, in terms of raw skill, better than the council ever was. Sinwind, Kthx, Ryvirath, Kithros etc. CorpsE liked his club fancy.

Also I agree with that assesment of player. Not sure if I'd rate Nid THAT high, since he mostly shined while playing KF which has always been woosh. But he was defo great.

Konung is Bane Shift. I have an insane record against him. Hashinshin was actually really good at the game, even when offracing as SL or playing slags or whatever. Or voil. People just don't like to remember him like that because he was a jackass. But he was pretty damn good.

IMAGIRL, SPiEkY, Qucas and 2 others like this.
  15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

still talk to him a lot on skype

dommik loved his bok wardens (gave them to him heyo) when i started

Most of these still check in from time to time. Shoutout to waterfall2 from frogstomp.

I've seen podz up to a couple years back on skype to play league with a lot, up until I couldn't put up with the obnoxious **** that he was anymore. Other than that, sound guy.

16. Ballballer

Well i mean didnt mercs still have some bad/mediocre people like reddain? I mean literally everyone who was in councils name gets brought up when discussing great players. There was nobody in the guild who couldnt hold top 5

Edit: And yeah my view of hash might be distorted. I never got to play against him when we both were at our peaks. I watched his games back then, but the only games i really played were with my fun little fw deck

17. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Awwww he thinks I'm nice...
    But really we aint dead yet why are we being discussed. I feel like the grandkids are waiting for me to croak so they can inherit the house.

SPiEkY and Qucas like this.
  18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

They had people like Gaverion in it, who were not the best, but still famous/great in their own regard.

At the time of council, the ceiling of skill had dropped already. The super nerds had left by then. (in my opinion, which is obviously biased, since I was worse in the Mercs time, so in comparison they might have looked better)

19. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- This is about people that are missed....which doesnt't just include the best players. Much like anything competitive, you rarely would want to sit in a room with the top 5 in "any" activity if you weren't talking about that activity or enagaging in it. There are outliers of course....Kobe Bryant isn't one of them.

20. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

You are better the Tiny with SP? Didn't he start with SP?