Here's the reason why Poxnora's player base is low

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PoxBattleMaster, Feb 22, 2016.

1. PoxBattleMaster

PoxBattleMaster New Member

Here we go again... People complaining on why poxnora's player base is low...
    The main reason is because if Poxnora will make a big event, sale or something to do with giving away free runes. The "old gamer of pox" who used to be feeling "powerful and rich" and SELFISH are the one's who first complain when there's an event in pox that helping and giving away nice good runes on newbies and people that cannot afford to buy runes on market. one example is the weekly tournament... We all know that one of the main reason that players (specially newbie) will play or play again. because of the nice event. I'm talking about "nice/good" event prizes. Lets cut the bulls**t and face the reality that, that's the main problem.
    Here's the questions??? this mostly apply for most online games:
    - How can new players like the game if they got no decent good runes to battle in-game when many of the people online are veterans and mostly got all runes with all upgraded ability(stars). its not easy to accumulate runes and its expensive and take's time to get runes what you want and there's "thousands of runes".
    *Remember that every time a new gamer if they play games and test/try it if they always lose and struggling to get runes what they want, they automatically dump the game and find other games that they enjoy playing. (There are billions of online games out there).
    If you want poxnora's player base to rise then be user friendly and make good events specially to the new players... You know why? because if there's no players coming in, and most players online are only alts and bots. This game will definitely end.
    For info: I have nothing to lose... I almost got all runes, I'm a battlemaster. so why I bother. I bother because I just love this game and I enjoy playing Pox for how many years (since 2007) and I don't want it to end. I'm writing this thread so that Owner/Dev/GM's every person that is involve in pox will realize the main problem. Don't believe for the NEGATIVE/SELFISH people who always keeps on complaining every time pox makes a move or development/event's on the game. they are the one who want's to ruin this game! Now they complain again on why Pox player base is low...

2. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

I think the issue is that in order to aquire all pox runes you would need thousand of dollars and you could buy many different games with that money.
    You can grind them but the grind is slow and painful.
    The business model/rune rarity/pack system is horrible but i guess it works in milking the small playerbase to keep the game alive.

3. PoxBattleMaster

They keep milking it even if there's no milk anymore... The game is useless when there's no players...

4. Maxbebu

Maxbebu New Member

Can anyone call Solokov to watch this :D

I think this is true - i'm a free to play from the beginning - and i know the struggle to get the runes .... - luckily i have some good high rank player helped me :D so that i can have the runes i got now :D . And i truely hope that you guys will make some big event to promote our lovely game .
    It will be nice if you guys can make videos about this game - it will Help a lot to promote this game - and there's a lot of issue i think :D like Ranking - i think the old ranking system is good enough - i think it's not neccessary to change it to how it is now :D - we meet people at our rank easier the old rank system - and at last just like PoxBattle Master said.

WE WANT MORE PLAYERS

Valkyr likes this.
  5. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

I haven't really felt like they have tried to milk the playerbase at all. SOE on the other hand.

Not like I am a whale or anything. I usually spend about $100-150 per release.

My guess is a majority of their income comes from the first week of a new release. Then its probably reduced to a trickle after that.

The only major gripe I had was the nerfs happening within a week of new releases, after every single release. That didn't really happen this last time. We shall see about the next set. That really does feel like a bait and switch. Fixing bugs is one thing. but when a new rune goes up by 10+ nora, or has to have its abilities changed in big ways, something is wrong.

Valkyr likes this.
  6. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I think Pox issues with low playerbase are much deeper than what is explained in the posts we see on a daily basis.
    The cold truth is that Pox isn't very appealing to big masses, due to being an old game with an old platform with old graphics and old model. It is what it is.
    Pox influx will probably always be 1 joins 1 leaves. We've had 2 Steam releases and the ball was dropped in both of them.
    Poor balance and major bugs are just salt to the injury - it probably makes older player leave rather than new ones, so who cares right?
    Also, this new poor ranked system that was implemented which only encourages grinding was a terrible move - it now is a good measure of who plays a lot, but not who is skilled.
    Either way, I do hope Pox continues on so I can log on every once in a year, play a game and dont touch the game again for a whole year.
    But do not expect this game to grow and for the playerbase to increase - unfortunately, it wont.

7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Just hopping in to point out that the complaint about the tourneys was never the prizes but that people never actually played the tourneys. They just made alts and farmed themselves. Yeah cool prizes were nice but people wanted to play a tournament. Not click a button and get stuck in game for 40 minutes waiting for some jerks time to run out.

8. Maxbebu

Maxbebu New Member

i think the main problem is - not many people know about Poxnora - it's true , it's kinda a small game .
    yet we know hearthstone , yugioh , etc. They have huge amount of cards to find out and to build it's stragedy . And the problem is they are popular and lot's of people know and find them everyday . I know it's not fair to compare like that , but i think we should do somethink to promote this game and let everybody know about it , and it will increase the player and make the game last longer :D i don't want to wait 20 minutes for a 1v1 or 30 minutes for a 2v2 game anymore .... So more Player is good to me :D

noamkeren likes this.
  9. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I really want to be sarcastic about this line, but I think it'd get taken the wrong way, so I'm just gonna make this comment instead.

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

God damn format people

11. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Are you asking for format people to be damned or telling people to format better?

12. Heart

Heart I need me some PIE!

I'm completely free to play, and only *really* started playing this game a month or so ago.

There was a raffle in global chat. I won a exotic prize. I then began trading with other players, eventually, I turned that free exotic into a bridal ravenwraith. Popped it into poxbox, and got 2 million points. Enough to make 2 competitive level bgs. Legendary runes and all.

Through the power of trading, and events, new players can really take those steps ahead to get on their runes, and through practice. Us noobs can be just as good if not better than the vets. Especially as the game changes, and adapts.

Watch out, we're coming for you. ;)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
    iPox, Cinder405 and badgerale like this.
  13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

My issue with this "trading method" is that it's sometimes borderline sharking and also very time intensive. Two things we shouldn't encourage for new players.

14. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I played tourneys because there were important prices I could focus my efforts and tries. I would never struggle on tourneys for the actual prices.

Farmers should have been looked at, not prices. Just my opinion.

15. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

Is there any way to truly validate if a player is a new player?

16. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Initial revamp was apocalyptically bad for motivating player base. The intent was righteous. The veterans waited in anticipation. We were expecting a game reborn like a mighty phoenix. What we received was a mutated inbred chicken bird with three heads, six nipples, and eight feet. The dev-surgeon Sokolov was sent in to salvage what he could and turn this mutated bird into something normal. Aside from this weird analogy of the revamp sht heads farming a tournament didn't help either. Tournament ruined eff u pathetic tourney farmers.

yobanchi, BurnPyro and Pedeguerra like this.
  17. PoxBattleMaster

You are not helping at all. Now the tourney sucks because of people like you keeps on complaining. If you speak out make sure it is helping the game. Now tourney is useless and no one is playing them. Did you solve the problem? a BIG NO!

18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

this is not the reason the playerbase is low, this is just something you dont like. Idk what they did to tournaments but there are several different reasons as to why the playerbase doesnt increase. What you're complaining about may be one of them.

19. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Tourney was useless before. Thank the pathetic, parasitic, asshat tourney farmers for that. A cancer was removed from the game. Good riddance abused tournaments.

20. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I didn't say the current situation is fine. Merely that they were changed because of abuse, not because people complained the prizes were too good or harming the economy as you seemed to be implying. You are misdirecting attention from what the issue was by blaming people that had nothing to do with the change at all. Lets make one thing abundantly clear. IT WAS NOT NEW PLAYERS that were abusing the system. It was established players that have been around for a while. I wont mention names because it's against the rules but most people know who they are.

Secondly, stop pretending that the "new tourneys" are what the devs intend as a final solution. It's not. It is a temporary fix to the abuse perpetrated by a minority of people. The sins of the few ruined the system for everyone else. Short of banning those players (Which is not ideal either for separate reasons) there will be no return to the old system so stop asking for it. To quote yourself
    Instead of asking to go back to the old broken way, suggest a better one.

Thirdly. To me an ideal system would be something like Arena from Hearthstone or the Gauntlet from Duelyst. A system where people build decks via draft and play them until they reach a certain number of losses resulting in different prizes depending on how many wins they receive. This somewhat solves the discrepancy issue between player skill levels by forcing them to play decks outside their comfort zone. The problem with a system like this is that the small playerbase would still allow players with alts to farm themselves, it would just make it slightly more difficult because it would use a queue system. It may also be possible to add something to the client to detect other instances of the same program and only allow one account to be logged in at the same time. However, any solution would require a ton of programming and code work which the devs are shorthanded at right now. Any fix will require time.