Hearthstone players, unite!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pedeguerra, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I play Renolock and I wont run it. My bg doesnt run Twisting Nether either, though, so theres that as well.

Depends if I'm pushing for legend rank or not (which I reached two times).
    I was hovering around rank 7 last week, until I stumbled upon a freaking Shaman quest that took me down to 9 again.
    I try to reach at least 5 for the rewards.

Ohmin and doubtofbuddha like this.
  2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

N'zoth's tentacle:
    1 mana 1/1. Deathrattle: Deal 1 damage to all minions.

This will see play.

3. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Yeah. In a Patron bg, with the loss of Death Bite, this thing will probably be x2 auto.
    On the other bgs, though, not really sure. Take a look at Explosive Sheep, for example. Being 1 mana makes it a better deploy, but is it enough to warrant more meta impact?
    We'll see.

[​IMG]

Bleh. I'd say "underwhelming", but I'm not really a Shaman expert. Either way, doesnt have a legendary impact to me. I can already see the tears of the powercreepers.

4. doubtofbuddha

Honestly it seems fine. It well in line with the stats you would expect for a 5 drop and the effect seems solid enough. It is playable if not meta-defining.

Ohmin likes this.
  5. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Probably. A 1/1 for 2 mana is pretty pants, but a 1/1 for 1 mana is relatively decent. Not great still, but it works.

Even if it gets picked off by a Hero Power (the main problem with Sheep), they at least spend more mana to do it, which helps off-set the card-loss. Plus there's the new Hogger, which might make it appealing to some people as well on that basis.

Elemental Destruction just became a massive Heal (on turn 8).

Anyway, might be useful in some mid-range decks. Probably not good enough for Combo. Control might become more of a thing but it hasn't been historically, and obviously aggro and tempo won't run it.

6. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Ehhhh. Stat line is fine, effect is upside you want to build around but rarely pans out.

Sounds like Djinni right? We all know how that turned out. At least pointing spells at stuff is a whole lot easier than to buff minions.

It's k...

7. doubtofbuddha

This guy is way better than djinni. The ability is much more relevant to play and does not really even require you to build a deck around it to be useful beyond the general fact that he is going to be run almost exclusively in midrange and control.

Ohmin likes this.
  8. doubtofbuddha

9. doubtofbuddha

Seems so completely superceded by fiery war axe that it won't see play.

10. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Eh, it's a mini Muster for Piracy for Warrior. And Muster saw plenty of play even outside of Quartermaster decks even considering the supremacy of Truesilver Champion.

You'll almost always get at least 1 hit in, and very likely 2, which easily gives value even if you don't get the icing on the cake with the 3rd hit.

I think the reason Upgrade! didn't see play wasn't FWA so much as a 1/3 for 1 didn't have enough bundled value on it's own, even a 1/4 for 1 didn't in Paladin (and both Warrior and Paladin tend to lack solid 1-drops). On the other hand, bundling a 1/1 Pirate might be enough value.

That said, I think it's largely intended for Aggro Warrior or a potential non-Patron Mid-Range Warrior, rather than Control. But it could still see play in Control as an anti-aggro tech choice if they favor more 1-health minions (don't want to waste a FWA on a 2/1 if you can help it for example).

11. doubtofbuddha

12. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

the playability of first mate seems entirely dependent on the number of 1 health minions you expect to see. If it had charge I would like it, as is I think it is pretty bad in a non theme deck.

13. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

It's really, REALLY good in arena... but that implies playing Warrior in arena.

14. doubtofbuddha

Had a good day yesterday and pulled a 2nd Ysera and Acidmaw. Is Acidmaw as bad as he looks?

15. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Yes. It would have been a discussion if you pulled Dreadscale but Acidmaw is just bleh. Could just run it until you live the Acid+Unleash boardclear dream then safely dust it.

16. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Unrelated to HS but in the F2P children card games front, I suggest you give Chronicles a try, I think the open beta launched yesterday.

It does the usual stuff but the game structure is super interesting. You have 5 "turns" where you plan out 4 moves. You can play monsters that your dude will fight for various resources (gold is kinda like mana in a way), buff cards, various spell effects that may or may not interact with your opponent (who does the same thing alongside you). At the end of those 5 "turns", if you're both still alive you fight each other automatically so whoever buffed out his dude the most or weakened the opponent obviously wins. The 5 available "classes" all play pretty differently like the mage cares about hand size and does direct damage, tanky tank dude uses armor as a resource, the thief is all about gold, etc.

I realize it's kinda hard to explain but hey, it's free it might be worth 15 minutes of your time. Also it's from the Runescape guys but I've never played that so I have no idea if it's related in any way.

17. doubtofbuddha

Yeah. Dreadscale looks good. I would put it in decks. Acidmaw looks like one of the worst legendaries I have seen.

18. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Ahh the good ol' "I should be daggering up anyway" 2/2 Rogue minion. 2 layers deep on RNG on top of it.

19. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

4-Mana Faceless seems a bit iffy to me. In my mind the best part of Manipulator was getting the abilities (as well), rather than merely copying stats. Saving one mana to trade those effects for Taunt doesn't seem like a good enough deal to me, and it's not like Manipulator has seen much of any play since the Leeroy Jenkins nerf anyway. Plus it sounds like the 4-Mana Faceless is much more vulnerble to Silence, and won't have as many fun interactions with cards like Duplicate/Echo (or bounce effects in some cases).

Here's to hoping I get proven wrong... that art is cool.

20. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

[​IMG]
    lol

Ohmin likes this.