Terrorist Attacks in Belgium: Europe United?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DarkJello, Mar 18, 2016.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

10billion to stop drugs?

How about legalize it and win money. Cartels go broke, we all win

Ohmin likes this.
  2. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

I don't think any of us here support the 'war on drugs' or drug prohibition.

3. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Except for the people that die early and/or go nutso and get bumped into psych wards.

But yes, that would probably be WAY better than the current "war" on smoking dat weed. As a libertarian, I disagree with my conservative family all the time about the value of too many laws that imprison too many folks. We should focus on the real baddies, and NOT on people smoking grass in their basement or backyard.

Tweek516, Geressen, Makorov and 2 others like this.
  4. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

It's probably better than no filter though.

5. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

You say this like it would increase a meaningful amount from present. I mean, sure, usage might increase somewhat, but people wouldn't feel the need to hide problems/addictions due to concerns about being arrested and thrown into prison (although that won't stop people hiding them for other reasons). Plus it can be easier to help ensure that the "recreational" drugs don't have improper additives/cuts/mixes.

6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

7. DarkJello

Those terrorist chaps are on the wrong side. Pic is definitive proof.

Geressen likes this.
  8. DarkJello

Geressen likes this.
  9. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

Definitely prefer this side than to be on the business end of that gun.:)

DarkJello likes this.
  10. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

On that note, apparently cartels have been attempting to tap into Mexico's oil supply. They would locate the transportation piping, drill a hole into it, and siphon off however much they can carry.
    If I'm not mistaken, there was an investigation done a few years back that showed that a considerable amount of the stolen oil made it to the US.
    There were also a few arrests made involving those who purchased the oil.

So, after legalizing weed, maybe go electric? haha

BurnPyro likes this.
  11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

this is a good idea.

Makorov likes this.
  12. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Dude, totally. I'm so stoked for Tesla's Model 3. They'll probably have some kinks to work out, but it's cool. Gotta start somewhere.

Ok, I'm done derailing the thread, sorry lol

DarkJello and Geressen like this.
  13. DarkJello

14. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

a large part of this network is crumbling.

http://www.metronieuws.nl/nieuws/rotterdam/2016/03/terreurverdachte-aangehouden-in-rotterdam

http://www.trouw.nl/tr/nl/4492/Nede...reurverdachte-gearresteerd-in-Rotterdam.dhtml

no shots fired sunday night as 4 suspects amongst which frenchman Anis B. who'se name was found on the cell phone of Reda Kriket (arrested thursday) is arrested in Rotterdam.

(they found ammo inside the houses)
    (also the other 3 suspects are algerians )
    (also Reda.K and Anis B. apparently traveled to syria together)

for the ladies I guess?:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    DarkJello likes this.
  15. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

16. DarkJello

Well that is quite the allegation. It might even be more relevant than the twitter war between Cruz and Trump, about wives and ladies and such. ;)

Sometimes, when I contemplate the plethora of human weaknesses, I wonder how we get anything constructive done on a state or national level. Small miracles.

I mentally recoiled after seeing Reid's name, btw. That dude is the nastiest viper in the entire American pit, IMO.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  17. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

First things first. Why do you always bring up native americans, KKK and the likes up? They have no relevance to the current situation. It's like saying ''yeah but Hitler did x so y is not that bad''. You are just trying to shift the disscussion into another direction. And I never said or implied such things were alright. If it would be up to me I would give natives more land. Instead of systematically making them go extinct.

Secondly why do you keep saying ''showing fear and hatred toward muslims is playing into ISIS's hands''? This doesn't make any sense at all. Would ISIS benift more from an intolerant Europe, preventing entrance to muslims, or from an Europe doing nothing against them? Sharing facebook images of ''not afraid'' with a Belgian flag overlay will not do anything. Posting ''not all muslims'' will not do anything. Does ISIS want a militant Europe, full of fear and hatred against Islam? Or do they want a passive one, with ''tolerant'' people, doing nothing?

Being vigilant, and not letting too many refugess in is a start. But it won't stop terrorist attacks if someone already living in EU decides to do it. It won't stop muslim enclaves forming across Europe. It won't change the fact Islam is a radical ideology at it's heart, who calls for violence against infidels. My ideas and suggestions might lead to escalation. But if you haven't noticed the conflict is already escalating. Did you even read the links I posted in this thread? Watched the video? It's easy being all moral, as long as you don't have to deal with any of this Bane Shift yourself. A moderate muslim won't protect you from a radical one. The only one who will do that is your fellow Belgian. Also saying radicals should be brought to justice is nice and all. But two things. They have to commit an attack first, for that. And the prisons in Europe are very comfortable and non-threatening. I fully realize not all muslims are radicals, or even support Sharia law. But the way things are going, there will be more attacks. Not just terrorist, but the likes of Cologne aswell. More Mallbecks and Malmos will form. There's also the fact mosques in EU are radicalization centers. The way things are going conflict is inevitable. It would be preferrable to make an end to this madness sooner than later.

Good for you. Tell me how this works out when another Cologne or Brussels happens.

Of course not. Luckily I have you, so I can learn. It's slow, but that's only because I'm that stupid and obtuse. Thanks for having patience with me.

No surprise, really. In this thread it was already mentioned Turkey put one of the terrorists on a plane to Netherlands. Germany gave billions of euros to Turkey to stop refugees in a recent deal. Why though? What will Turkey do with these billions they couldn't do before? Will they build houses for refugees in Turkey? Doubt it. They won't use this money on their wellbeing for sure. Maybe buy a few more tents and tuna cans. They probably will just use force to stop migrants crossing the border. Which they could do before anyway if they wanted. Turkey wants to be in the EU, something the USA wants aswell. Even though they don't meet the requirements. I wouldn't be surprised if Turkey suddenly enters EU based on this ''crisis''. Also, EU could handle it's borders if they wanted themselves. Hungary did it, and it's a small country. Was it really just because of humanitarianism? Merkel herself said that multiculturalism has failed just a few years ago. And there were leaflets found among migrants, with instructions on which countries offer the highest welfare and how to get to Germany etc. Why would they have those? It does seem strange. Imagine your house getting bombed. Do you think to yourself, ''Time to go to Germany''. You have never seen it, don't know anything about it, it's half a world away, and you have no reason to expect free crossing of the border and welfare. Doesn't seem likely. Not unless there is a guy handing out leaflets and promising all this will wait for you in Germany. The majority aren't even refugees but economic migrants. Why would someone living in a jungle suddenly think to himself ''time to go to Germany for free stuff''. Italy is much closer. Slovenia, Austria too. All have pretty high living standards. Why Germany? All these smugglers operating also seem fishy. Transporting 1,5 million of people into EU in one year is not a small task. Where did all the smugglers come from? Who paid them? Why are 70% of refugees young single males? It wouldn't surprise me if this was all put into motion by the USA and their lobbies. Germany economy was soaring, and these refugees will destabilize the region. Destabilizing regions is after all the specialty of the USA. And Germany was getting too close with Russia for US comfort. Doing all sorts of blasphemies like building a pipeline.

DarkJello likes this.
  18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

it works very well actually.
    its like a 0.00000312755% chance. it's probably more likely to be shot by a todler in the US.

19. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

Like I said. It's easy to post this, as long as it isn't happening to you. Still doesn't change the fact 35 people died, nor will it prevent further deaths.

20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

but see, there is only a very small chance of it happening to me.

so living in fear of it is pointless.

also haha Saandro doesn't get that ISIS wants a holy war between religions, related: why do you think so many trump supporters thing white people have it worse than hispanics and the like?

what do you think happens if you actually make it so muslims are persecuted and have it worse in europe? hint; there will not be an increase in trump supporters.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016