2016 Primaries, Caucuses & Conventions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DarkJello, Feb 2, 2016.

1. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

I "liked" your post for several reasons, but this was #1. Many of us can see lots of extremists on the Left and Right. But the matrix has a YUGE chunk of humanity convinced that the only real extremists are on the Right, and that enforcing standard immigration law makes one a baddy.

ssez likes this.
  2. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

the goal of politics is to get elected.

DarkJello likes this.
  3. DarkJello

Jeb! and HRC complained about Trump's "tone" a lot too, last fall. Sometimes that complaint made sense, but now it just means Hillary is feeling the Bern. Boom!!

[​IMG]

4. DarkJello

5. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I found this, apparently well regarded, site which rates the truthfullness of politicians.

Surprisingly to some perhaps, they rate Clinton as the candidate that makes untruthful statements the least - which contradicts the narrative perpetrated that she is dishonest. Less surprisingly, Trump is judged to make the most factually untrue statements.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/lists/people/fact-checking-2016-gop-presidential-candidates/

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...hecking-2016-democratic-presidential-candida/

I'm not saying this is conclusive; even if you ignore potential bias, you can definitely be deceptive without saying anything demonstrably untrue (though i'm not sure if the reverse is correct), but still it is interesting.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    BurnPyro likes this.
  6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

cheap talk vs policy

7. DarkJello

Very informative analysis. Nate Silver is legit. Hillary ain't.

8. DarkJello

Donald J. Trump Announces Campaign Convention Manager Paul J. Manafort

Mr. Trump Prepares for Republican Convention - Seasoned Operative Joins As Convention Manager

- March 29, 2016 -

Mr. Trump stated, “Paul is a great asset and an important addition as we consolidate the tremendous support we have received in the primaries and caucuses, garnering millions more votes than any other candidate. Paul Manafort, and the team I am building, bring the needed skill sets to ensure that the will of the Republican voters, not the Washington political establishment, determines who will be the nominee for the Republican Party. I look forward to winning the nomination, and ultimately the presidency in order to Make America Great Again."

In addition, Mr. Trump is announcing that his campaign is opening a Washington, DC based office to coordinate his campaign’s work with the Republican National Committee, Congress, and his convention and delegate operations. The office will serve as a conduit for outreach for Mr. Trump’s campaign organization nationally.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-...-campaign-convention-manager-paul-j.-manafort

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

hahahahaha

It's just mindblowing how people think this guy has the solution, or even any solution, about any of the problems that we face in this day and age

pathetic

10. DarkJello

Turned it off after 3 minutes because the hosts could not accurately repeat what Trump just said about Baltimore. Decades and decades of constant Dem control in one failing big city after another, but The Don cannot guarantee rapid success with a precise list so we should not pay him a moment's notice. The best way to improve Baltimore, apparently, is to keep electing Dems for many more decades to come.

Mr. Trump answered the question in his usual stream of consciousness style. It is too much for some minds. I am NOT implying those chaps are anything less than intelligent and talented. Just that Trump's style is jarring.

If u convince me the other criticisms are more valid, I will watch the rest after work.

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

"style" as in ,not answering because he's ignorant

the lenghts people go to to defend their populists, so blind

12. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Hasn't been that way for decades.

Geressen and DarkJello like this.
  13. DarkJello

"Style" = stream of consciousness talking, which I already said AND which is apparent to anyone that has watched the interviews and/or debates.

He actually did answer the question, albeit without any precise details. Economic zones, incentivize businesses, and increase the spirit of the residents.

The vid highlighted details about Trump that have been known for decades. His manner/style/speech/tactic as a candidate has been on full display x9 months.

14. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Bro we get it. You hate America ha ha your so witty with your intellectual jabs. America is devoid of any politician with moral integrity who cares about our country. It is so bad many americans want Donald trump to win, because even though his responses to most political questions are weak strawman logical fallacies we need a hero. Donald symbolizes that anti establishment hero. Unfortunately I get the feeling that he is a New World Order patsy set up to suck up all the republican votes and take the nomination only to be the fall guy so America will either select the crusty 80 yr old communist Marxist who paints a beautiful unicorn fantasy of free stuff, or the pathetic corrupt candidate who is responsible for the fall of Syria, Benghazi and wants America to get the same treatment as Germany and Sweden. Might as well just have one Firking candidate George Soros for president of Americas shadow govt 2016. Obama= George Soros butt puppet most likely will get a third term if martial law is declared in U.S.

Optimism forces me to think Donald Trump is the real deal, but cold logic is whispering something else in the back of my mind.

DarkJello and ssez like this.
  15. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

Maybe, maybe not.

What I find more offensive than people truly making racist statements are people who claim a statement is racist (or any other derogatory 'ist') in an attempt to silence criticism or stifle dissent.

Have you ever heard of the saying? "Though I may violently disagree with what you have to say, I'll fight for your right to say it." I tend to be more in that camp.

ssez and DarkJello like this.
  16. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

Thank you Mr. Sunshine! :p

DarkJello likes this.
  17. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

When I watch political news on TV I feel like I am watching an episode of professional wrestling. Politics right now is like watching Hulk Hogan face off against Macho Man Randy Savage for presidential nomination. All the while Obama does the tango while airports explode in foreign cities, and wants to open our borders to a bunch of weirdo refugees who need to stay the fck away.

StormChasee, ssez and DarkJello like this.
  18. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

Optimism in the front cold logic in the back. I dig it.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  19. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

20. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

People have become so fed up with how things have been going, so desperate for change (we can believe in) that people are willing to support Trump, even if they don't actually believe he has any answers.

I don't agree with that modality, but I can understand it. I think it's ignorant and foolish, but I don't think it's pathetic. Most people, and perhaps especially United Statians, have no idea how much power and influence they really have... even without resorting to violence, though certainly some (both pro- and anti-Trump) seem to have found their "power" through that medium... which is dangerous in the long-run (more so than just the short-term issues such things create). That, I think, is far more pathetic.

"I don't like Trump, so I'll disrupt/prevent his rallies/attack him!" "I like Trump, so I'll punch that naysayer in the face!"

That's a hell of a lot more pathetic to me.

DarkJello likes this.