Poison BG'S just died.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bagoftrick, Mar 30, 2016.

1. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

So for a patch that supposedly did much to help them, it actually really sucks.
    First of all, the upgrade line 1 for the spitter is awful. immunity eater or res? why is eater not still default?

Secondly you nerfed swamp wisp. some how people think this is a buff because you made what was a support rune have a basic attack at the expense of losing poisonburst? id rather not have a basic attack. as that change is utterly atrocious. who even came up with tht? let alone that its squishy and going up against melee units. with a melee attack whilst having evasive. because the swamp wisp is clearly going to win all of those fights (sarcasm)

Then if you look at its upgrade line 1, to take poison aura that would help it in melee, you have to lose poison burst, it just doesn't even make sense.

Worse still HYAENID FLAMEFIST still has a basic attack, still has flameburst. ON BASE. and costs 3 extra nora. How is this even justified? is this some sort of stupid early april fools joke at my expense?

You pretty much nerfed every posion unit this patch. whilst i am being told the intention was to make it better. you did the opposite. congratulations.

Willow likes this.
  2. MageAstral

MageAstral The King of Potatoes

Dont forget this-
    • The Poisoned condition no longer causes -1 Defense and -1 Damage

3. bagoftrick

the -1 defense is a bigger deal than the damage. its not a the end of the world change. its just annoying. I suppose if you add it to the party of problems, then yeah that's a thing too.

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Spitter lost Eater base and now you have a choice to take the lower cost resistance instead. He actually ends up 4 nora cheaper than before.

Swamp Wisp still has access to Poisonburst.

5. Sokolov

The only runes targeted for changes should been ranged champions and in some cases passive champions. Poison was not targeted specifically. Most other runes changed with a similar methodology.

6. bagoftrick

wrong. he costs 6 nora more. he cost 66 nora with leap 1 and poison eater on base before changes. now he's forced to have leap 3(which again he doesn't need) after which he costs 72. in regards to resist, its a pointless choice.
    Also at no point did I say I didn't have access to it. I just pointed out that the design is bad. which you made no argument against other than to try and avoid the issue.

7. Sokolov

I read this as "losing access to poisonburst." But as long as we are on the same page that it still has it, that's fine.

8. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Who told you that a rune that isn't super efficient is badly designed?

9. bagoftrick

I don't actually think your reading comprehension skills work. we were talking about the wisp at that point. not the spitter.

10. Sokolov

It's true it depends on what upgrades you took. Different people requested different things on this champion. Most wanted to be able to not be forced to have Poison Eater and they didn't like the Leap 1/2/3 line. I admit it does cost slightly more now if you went Leap 1 before and still want Poison Eater.

If you have a particular idea for what it should look, I am open to it, but I'd like to avoid constantly changing runes because 1 or 2 people are unhappy with them. I can't please everyone.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  11. Sokolov

Likewise for the Wisp, if you have suggestions for it, I will entertain them.

12. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Considering that the Spitter had to lose its dots, I think it is current design is pretty good. Lots of options, and reasonable cost.

13. bagoftrick

only if your playing meta. it penalises poison by ramping cost up. name another ranged poison unit like it in FS.

14. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Most ranged units in FS have particular, distinct roles.

15. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Bro, I rewrote my previous post 3 times to avoid being rude. But now that you entitled me to be, pay attention: Wisp was changed because it was a passive offensive champion that spent nearly no AP to deal damage, was very hard to kill due to Evasive, and to the contrary of what you seem to believe, it's not easy to kill in melee range at all, with 7 SPD, a Cloud ability, Flight and a KB 3 ability. It could hold a font for a long time without even attacking, so all Sok did was tone it down in general, by actually making its damage follow the attack chain.

About Spitter, I share Buddha's opinion. The guy is cheaper, still has long range and ampable damage. The guy is one of the cheapest champions with such range in the whole game, and you're actually complaining about it. It makes no sense at all.

Several themes have been nerfed, saying that a theme is dead 3 hours after the freaking expansion was released makes it sound like you don't know what you're talking about, at the very least.

16. bagoftrick

that's called avoiding the issue. I said name another one. you cant. if it dies. that's game as your ranged support goes out the window. the higher the price tag the bigger the target.

17. bagoftrick

how many wisps have you played exactly. fs players are arguning they wanted it buffed because it would SEE play. you make it seem like it was played every game. it wasn't. and how did it hold a font forever. it had no basic attack. any melee unit would force it away at the very least. so now who doesn't know what they are talking about?

18. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I think Spitter should have Hit and Run somewhere in its upgrades like it used to. It makes sense for the champion, and if you stick it on the same line as Poison Eater, you can have an option for Poison decks and meta decks.

19. Sokolov

I'll fiddle with the Spitter some more. This is honestly one of the most changed champs in the history of Pox :D

Goyo likes this.
  20. bagoftrick

that doesn't really solve the spitters problem in poison as it still has no means to survive at a value of 72 nora. just adds more to meta.

Goyo likes this.