Poison BG'S just died.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bagoftrick, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

So what IS the problem you have exactly? That it costs 6 nora more for the build you had?

It's going to cost more regardless since that was part of the idea on ranged champion adjustments (isn't an anti-Spitter thing), but we could try and move away from Leap 3 on base. That said, it SOUNDs like you want this champ to be as lean as possible, with Poison Eater?

2. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

I had leap 1 in my build. I cant do that now. so no its not 6 nora more for the build I had. it was 6 nora less for the build I had and even if you put it bk, you'll only get the same complaints from people who want to use it in meta with the collective for less cost. and the reason they want it to cost less as you just noticed from jazz's post is because they think its too squishy and dies to much, so they want less risk. so conversely you made the meta build cheaper(less risk) and poison build higher (more risk). so an honest question for you. which do you feel was more viable. poison bg's or meta bg's? before your change.

3. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

First off what was so wrong with boghopper spitter that you had to messs with it in the first place Sokolov? I stopped caring about eater after they nerfed it. You heal for 1 point every ap you use to walk through poison. Eater heal is silly unless you have massive amp or a super high damage poison cone. The only eater that is halfway efficient now after the nerfs is fire eater because of the numerous levels that have lava as terrain, and the act of walking on the lava heals a minimum of 4 points per ap used. Bag of trick is right poison is not what it used to be and messing with spitter doesen't help the poison theme it benefits full faction meta players.

4. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

I am not going to argue with the point that poison is pretty bad right now. But it was pretty bad before the patch too.

5. Sokolov

The goal was to give more flexibility to the builds the rune could be used in instead of being locked into Poison Eater only at 5 nora.

Eater was considered not useful by many people even some Poison players - such as @profhulk is saying here - so we moved away from that being forced - which seems like something you'd support?

It seems like the problem @bagoftrick has is really that the cost went up for the build he had - which is understandable.

6. Sokolov

upload_2016-3-30_15-16-9.png

This is the best I can do. I don't want to make it more efficient than this or add a bunch of complications to a rune that I think should be simple.

7. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Seems good to me!

8. bagoftrick

yeah I can live with that. 1 nora more seems fair anyway considering its range.

9. Sokolov

One of the things that's always interesting to me with Pox is how rapidly what's good or bad changes, sometimes with very little actual changes to the runes themselves or with just 1 or 2 adjustments.

I think Poison was considered pretty OP until the Choking Aura related changes and then suddenly it dropped off the map. It's always been a bit of a quirky theme tho relying on Poison Cloud shenanigans and the like to really shine.

Goyo likes this.
  10. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

You removed the -1 dmg from the poison dot effect? why.......?

11. Sokolov

All secondary effects were removed from DOTs.

Goyo likes this.
  12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

DoTs no longer have secondary effects.

13. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I can live with it.

14. bagoftrick

One way to fix that would be b to test how having more champs with choking stench would effect poison now that its been changed. after all it now only affects the closest unit. it was removed from muck dragon, just as an example, pre change when it affected all units within 6 spaces. maybe it will be seen differently now if it was on a champion. (not necessarily the muck dragon =P.)