Arroyo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vorian, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Zemi of the Elements is an essential for Arroyo as they kick ass with the +1 speed. Also they are meant to be played as a spit... Zemi of the Elements for Arroyo is like Idol of Kain Taris for Kanen you cant do with out it. What are other peeps first impressions? Riftlord isn't an essential as long as you have 3-6 FW dead magic zone champs... Also Peaks Ifrit with on demand beserker 3 is awesome with Arroyo... I have decided to use Voil King Ruubgaal as my hero...

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    Woffleet and SaintKiwi like this.
  2. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

3. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

I'd rather split them with SL or ST. Just personal preference.

4. Vorian

Well splitting with FW helps because of Dead Magic zone champs + mobilise and essence drain help out big time.

5. Willow

Willow I need me some PIE!

only people without riftlords say this but in reality they carry hard

6. Vorian

This raises the question is Rift bound undercosted or over coster?

7. Willow

thats beyond the point... if you dont have certain runes and are experimenting with budget bgs then cool but dont slander things you havent even tried

8. Vorian

I am not slandering it, I have a Rift Lord and Peaks Ifrit + Zemi seem to be stronger theme enablers than it...

9. Willow

just a couple hours ago you were saying in gobal chat that you didnt have rift lords and thats why you were splitting

10. Vorian

Now I have actually tried Arroyo out I have discovered what runes make em strong. I am not arguing the Rift Lord isn't OP and that it wont get nerfed, I am just arguing the synergy of other runes is stronger with the theme.

Woffleet likes this.
  11. Willow

im just busting your balls man xD

12. Vorian

Anyway like always I try to be 1 of the first to find out whats good and isn't, so that I can get lots of easy wins early on. Berserker 3 is not to be underestimated, I have only lost 1 in 7 games so far where a Peaks Ifrit was deployed... This thread is for constructive advice on what to include in Arroyo, try to stick to the topic... Any input on what works in Arroyo besides Arroyo, because Arroyo only make up 12 of your champ slots...

Woffleet likes this.
  13. Willow

you talk too much

14. Vorian

Just a heads up for Sok, the best Arroyo dont have Rift Bound... The biggest question is which of the other Djinn would be useful for Arroyo, I am thinking Peaks Dao and potentially Peaks Dew... I will get 1 of each and see how they play together...

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

arroyo need a ton of buffs....

16. Vorian

Well the Riftlord and Arroyo Smokeform are really strong, its just Riftbound which is over costed. The Rift Bound champs need to gain 2-4hp while staying at a similar cost...

17. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

against strong decks they all suck.(smokeform might be the only one thats good)

18. Vorian

That's what I was thinking...

19. Vorian

After some experimentation this is what I have come up with, I think its tier 1.5+.

Champs
    x 2 Arroyo Echo
    x2 Arroyo Smokeform
    z2 Arroyo Flamewisp
    x2 Arroyo Riftlord
    x2 Arroyo ShadeStriker
    z2 Arroyo StormOrb
    x2 Lich Magistrate
    x2 Peaks Ifrit
    x2 Whirling Quarries

Spells
    x2 Essence Drain