Tanglefoot

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JaceDragon, Apr 14, 2014.

1. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Realy, flurry it's an ability that should go, he can do too much atk and multi3 it's a perfect replace, but 6 atk in 1 turn?

2. Spiderchap

Spiderchap Well-Known Member

I just realized recently how awesome tanglefoot is. It's shocking how much damage he can put out with such low attack, heh.

3. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Don't get me started on death lilly. Flurry shouldn't go on anything with more than two damage.

4. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Flurry is a horrible ability and should really just disappear in the revamp. Multi attack 3 should really be all the attacks you need.

5. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Yeah, Flurry is not good. Multiattack 3 is just fine and dandy.

6. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

It was a horrible ability on the aspect, it was a horrible ability on the lily, it was horrible on the darkrunner, it was horrible on the tanglefoot (reaper's blade ftw!); it was, it is and will be a horrible ability for the game overall.

Why the freak it is still around? Who the freak couldn't get the message after the second champion with said ability?

7. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

If the Tanglefoot loses flurry, it should also lose pariah, imo.

dsjtheman, Razzoriel, Molosse and 4 others like this.
  8. only

only Active Member

Flurry is bad ability since it requires FEW major drawbacks in order to prevent "abuses".

so all Flurry champions have pretty similar design.

the funny thing is that it's hard to imagine any other reason (than abusing) for this ability to exist.

Tanglefoot is the only one owner of it without Unequippable (in case of those major drawback abilities).

SP/KF is 2x Tanglefeet + 2x Moga Rumble Packs = infinity AP loop.

all champions should be redesigned. I doubt it offers something very niche for KF trees and it's definetely holding back FF FS plants developement.

profhulk likes this.
  9. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

Pretty much everyone agrees that the only unit that should have Flurry is the Aspect of Violence.

There's no reason for the Tangle-foot to have Pariah if Flurry goes, but what niche should he fill if not successive attacks? Giving Tanglefoot Multiattack 3 or something isn't much healthier than it having Flurry.

10. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

I really enjoy flurry, but I totally get why it's bad for the game and I can accept it being removed, or severely limited.

Actually, Flurry + Ponderous would be kind of interesting. 2 ap attacks all day er'ry day.

11. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

yes good idea

12. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

The way powercreep was going before DoG stepped in, there probably would have been a Flurry champ with Combo Attack: Devastate.

Prami and DarkJello like this.
  13. RedDain

Of all champs that should not have flurry, Aspect of Violence is "the one" - in this case, the first offender is the worst offender.

14. ArchersAxe

ArchersAxe Member

Fixed that for ya. ;)

Actually, I've been thinking about doing a Flurry split with Thunder and Tanglefoot to see the lol'z in nora loss. Split with SL for Transfusion to get some real serious laughs out of it.

Then again, that's an average amount of abuse from equipping that bugger. Sundered Axe, Reaper's Blade, Rage Band..

15. Prami

So, you think that Flurry shouldn't exist at all?

16. RedDain

Pretty much. If it can exist on one champ, it should be able to exist on others... but pretty clearly, it is not a balanced, or balance-able, ability, given the numbers and types of things that can be comboed with it to make it crazy. Have you watched any of the insane AoV battlegroups running around? They're bonkers.

17. Prami

And you also think that no ability should be unique to any one rune?

18. RedDain

Pretty much. Again, if it exists in the game, it should be available in some form in more than one place, on more than one rune.

Goyo likes this.
  19. RedDain

That is not to say that all abilities should be commonly available on many runes - there should be choices that have to be made. There are some abilities that should be relatively uncommon and limited to specific runes (confusing attack, hex, pacify, divert, and so on)...

There are some things, like some spell channeling, that could be justified as being unique, but honestly, I think that the channeling of spells is a problem in that it allows "more than 30" runes into play...

20. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Pretty much my thoughts. It just clutters the design space for a single rune.