Anyone Try Arroyo Elementals Yet?

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by newsbuff, Mar 31, 2016.

1. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Since they require DMZ, seems strictly worse than Arroyo FF FW Spirits, but has anyone considered SP/FW Elemental Arroyo? SP has some nice elemental cards like the zephyr relic and the djinn abilities. Plus Ifrit having only immunity phys and 25% frost vuln means he's a ********* BEAST now, esp. if you put berserk on him.

2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

I put together a FF arroyo bg but it looked pretty bad. I am honestly kind of regretting getting them, tbh, since I do not play FW.

3. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

riftlord is super good regardless, so putting him into elementals won't ever be bad imo.

the orbs are both pretty weak

4. doubtofbuddha

SP does not really have an elemental deck.

They are decent enough, simply because they are really cheap ranged units with relevant on-hit effects.

5. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

• The Farm (gives slam)
    • Spirit Channeling (gives elemental zephyr)
    • Zemi of the Elementals
    • Gift of Djinn abilities can affect elementals
    Is about all it has so far.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  6. doubtofbuddha

You mean the Resistance. Which gives Slam. To Djinn. Which are mostly bad. Spirit Channeling requires you to run Hyeanids and is mostly pointless because Zemi also gives Zephyr.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  7. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Elemental Zephyr stacks, doesn't it?
    I am personally interested in Splitting it with ST for Skybreak Dragon, Whitestar and Jakei Shaman.

Vorian, SaintKiwi and Lupefi2 like this.
  8. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Arroyo, elemental s is really weak.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  9. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

I did this but I dont know how to play it. ST split

10. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Testing out the ST Split.
    Most of the Arroyo have abilities that need Dead Magic Zone, so lots of them doesn't work.
    Riftlord is great.
    Vitality Creation can give him +20 HP in a game, in combination with Oblivion Shield, it's quite feasable to activate Arroyo Rift twice before it dies.
    Only other Arroyo that doesn't require DMZ are Shadestriker and Echo. I am not sure if Shadestriker is worth it, but Echo seems interesting.

Whirling Quarry is actually pretty good. Seism is basically a spell, so if you think of Seism as a 25-35 ish Nora spell, it's very cheap.
    Thunder Elemental can deal massive damage with Sonic Surge.
    Peaks Ifrit gives Berserker 3 and Peaks Dao gives Reflexes 3. Reflexes is quite cool since lots of the elementals have some kind of anti Range ability.
    Zemi of the Elements is awesome.

The ST side have great Elementals as well.

Skybreak Dragon have Elemental Zephyr.
    Elemental Core have Tundra Menace and Sapping Armor.
    Jakei Shaman have Leverage: Elemental and Surge: Elemental.
    Whitestar have Elemental Burst.

newsbuff likes this.
  11. Xuldorl

Xuldorl I need me some PIE!

DMZs aren't required for Arroyo, though they do help most of them.

Echo: No dependency.
    Flamewisp: Rift bound can be replaced with Vulnerability: Physical. No further dependency.
    Riftlord: No dependency.
    Shadestriker: Rift bound can be replaced with Vulnerability: Magic. No further dependency.
    Smokeform: Dark awakening can be replaced with adaptive. Rift nova requires DMZ to work. Lack of DMZ isn't fatal.
    Storm Orb: Rift bound can be replaced with Vulnerability: Physical. Dark Sanctuary requires DMZ.

soulmilk likes this.
  12. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Dread field can also trigger rift nova. So Shadestrikers, riftlords and echoes can all make it so that units take damage from rift nova so it isn't total sandbag material.

newsbuff likes this.
  13. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Your missing out. FW/fs/sp play well together

14. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

Vorian likes this.
  15. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

Lol why would I try eating trash

16. Vorian

Shadestriker is amazing for its price! After you drop Zemi of the Elements and give it zerker 3 it gets like 10 speed and 17+ damage!

newsbuff likes this.
  17. Vorian

I meant the FF SP Arroyo Elementals... Arroyo are meant to be played as a SP/FW split with x2 Lich Magistrates and x2 Whirling Quarries along with x2 Peak Ifit.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016