Kalasle's FF Tier List -- PS4 -- 8/30/17

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kalasle, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Your bgs power is due in large part to soften being underpriced

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

You running 2x Chieftain? And have you tried a variety of Lonx builds, or is that the variant you eyeballed as best?

Edit: While putting this thing together, it becomes apparent how much in-theme variance there can be, and how much that variance can affect potential theme power.

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Soften is pretty strong, but I rely more on Shred Defense and Arctic Wail. Luminary is poop.

My main ranged units are x2 Chieftain and x2 Marauder. Hurler is ranged unit for 2 attacks, but he's cheap so I use him.

I tried to use a Snowkite module, but it was too slow. I'll try out a Ranger Module next time I feel like making a BG.

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

In process of updating list. Cut Vengeful from Tier 1; I don't think that deck is as good as I previously believed; it's a bit unstable. Still 1.5 though. Other than that, I haven't changed anything up too much, although the DtBs might be compiled back into just the tier 1s, because it's less clear right now.

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Ok, updated title, worms are up for DtB consideration, everything else was collapsed into tier 1 -- not sure enough yet about the format to name DtBs with which I am unfamiliar. Input extremely welcome right now! Give results and opinions.

Probably going to keep De'lim up in DtB now that they have Devotee plants. That's very strong.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  6. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Thank you for this overview. @IMAGIRL does it deserves a sticky?

7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Mirefolk is definitely tier 1

SaintKiwi likes this.
  8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Thanks for the input. You been using them lately? What makes them tier 1? Do they have any bad matchups? Do you think they are a DtB? Do you have a list posted anywhere to which you can link? More data is always good!

9. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I've been using them on my Atmo account. The only bad match up would be vs. Fry BGs. I think i'm 0-3. The global buffs from the Mirefolk abilities help the aggresive playstyle. Pirahnid(s) high damage/speed allow to me one turn most units with an Undertow... which is easy to set up. Any problematic champ that isn't 2x2 gets drowned. So pretty much what makes them tier 1 is strong melee units, strong support/range units, and amazing power turns via spells. I don't really understand the deck to best concept. I don't have much experience playing against them.

http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/mirefolk-semis.20180/

Right now my current BG is only slightly different.
    - 1 Circadian Merchant
    -1 Font Eruption
    -1 Watershed Anchor
    + 1 Circadian Arcanist
    +1 Bubble of Protection
    +1 Circadian Vault

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

"Deck to Beat" means that it is a tier 1 deck, against which an opponent must be in some way prepared, either with deck construction or foreknowledge, in order to be competitive. Those are decks that do the most to define a format by setting the bounds on what's important.

Also, thanks for the thorough reply. Aside from the apparent hard-counter in Fry, do you think they have any bad MUs?

11. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I'd say you definitely need foreknowledge. Undertow, Slipwater, and Drown are such game changing spells. Deck construction wise I don't know how you'd counter their effectiveness besides spell blocks and Refute.

Off the top of my head I can't think of any bad match ups. It always sucks getting FS since I can't drown them, but I Mirefolk can make quick work of most of the other FS BGs. FS junk might be a bad matchup I don't think i've played against it with Mirefolks though.

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Semi/Aquatic into tier 1.

Currently, here's my assertion for the current DtBs: De'lim, IS Junk, and Worms. De'lim got the Naria, which double as both plants and Devotees, and the deck was already strong; IS Junk is incredibly versatile, has plenty of raw power, and can ball out of control with Medal of Valor. As for worms, I think they are a fundamentally broken deck that can be both conventionally strong and unnaturally abusive, but at most three or four people even have a clue how to play it well.

I think those are the best (FF) decks right now, and would even say that those three DtBs are also that good compared to any splits.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
    Goyo likes this.
  13. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Spirits are definitely a deck to beat.

SaintKiwi and abrasax like this.
  14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I'm liable to believe it. Biggest strengths and weaknesses of the deck? If someone is looking to match up well against Spirits, what should they include?

15. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

only 1 that matters, LEOSSSSSSSSS

16. doubtofbuddha

I am honestly having difficulty thinking of any weaknesses for the deck. Like they have high levels of punch, the ability to deploy a large number of weak units, and the ability to punch through most defenses thanks to the usual FW spells.

Their summons are weaker than the sort of ones you see from other summon-focused decks however, which means shattered summons should be helpful. Their best summons, however, aren't even effected by that though as the Magistrate's dudes come out as real units. I think probably the best thing to do is take them out before they get going, so maybe something with early burst potential like a good FS deck (mirefolk, maybe?) could take them down effectively. They usually end up with a few bigger power units in a swarm of smaller units, so if you can handle both them you can probably deal with them.

17. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

To do well against Spirits you need Detection and AoE damage/Summon Counters. If you let Spirits build up and you or your BG is not good at late game you'll probably lose. You gotta know which units to target as well.

18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

As a casual observation, it sounds like they lose hard to worms, which makes me more certain that worms are a proper pick for tier 1. Comments about rushing them down and the potential viability of Shatter Summoned make sense. Perhaps AoE is seriously underplayed -- AoE spells and abilities don't show up as much as they might, and Gutsa mentioned in another thread that double Imperator did a number on his spirits. Could an AoE/Breath heavy ST Amp deck work?

19. doubtofbuddha

Yes. I also just went 0-4 vs. kthix's SL/FS split bg. It ran 2 mindshredders with disbelief, plenty of magic dmg (Great against rift lord), and lots of indirect damage. It was able to defeat me pretty consistently.

So.. splits in the hand of a very good players > spirits. Or maybe I just suck or am having a bad day.

20. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Sounds like a harsh matchup.