Dwarven Medic.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bagoftrick, Apr 11, 2016.

1. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

Why has this still not been nerfed? @Sokolov

2. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Lol nerf Dwarven Medic ? I've heard it all now , go take a look at Cavernkeeper first.

3. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

So leave my factions rune alone because another is supposedly better? Your zealotry is showing.

How on earth are you on the council..?

Pedeguerra and SaintKiwi like this.
  4. Axeraiser

Where did I say not to nerf Dwarven Medic ? I directed him towards another rune that fills a similar role , better , for cheaper, to compare. I never defend IS nerfs, mostly because its not worth the energy, and I've contributed towards a lot of the nerfs to IS over the past year or more, thats why I'm on the Council. I love when people call me a zealot, you wont find me blindly defending something in IS no matter how hard you try. Apparently maining a faction equates to being a zealot.

Anotherblackman likes this.
  5. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

ST(1), IS(1) and SP(2) have efficient healers right now. Although FS doesn't have a champion, it does have several runes that heal very effectively. KF has powerful healers but I don't remind any of them being super efficient anymore.

Healing in general is pretty good right now, which IMHO happened because given Sok made healing counters much cheaper to use, there was no reason to bring healing down. I don't know what he plans to do, but there's a lot of room for the improvement of Healing counters(Torch for example), so unless Healing counters are supposed to be as they are now, Healing shouldn't be changed too much(except for SP's, makes no sense having a Wrath Faction heal so well).

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Yeti Curate, Cavernkeeper, Ghern Sustainer and Dwarven Medic are the best healers in the game. I think they should all get nerfed a little.

Alakhami likes this.
  7. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

I don't know if English is your first language, but the way you phrased that post made it sound like you strongly did not want to nerf Medic and any intention to do so would be ridiculous. Then you tried to redirect the topic towards something else.

I'm just saying the overall tone of your post probably led Karma to the conclusion he arrived at

Goyo, Morfeas, Ballballer and 2 others like this.
  8. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I do feel like he's a tad cheap, but considering he basically has only 1 healing ability (since Empathy does not stack, and Ironfist Warsaint is so good) I'd say he doesn't need to lose anything. Just a small cost bump, around 5-6 nora, should suffice.

9. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Sandbag him with Iron Will and +1 def/HP increase.

10. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

You did make it sound as if you found it redicoulous to nerf Dwarven Medic. Anti-healing was nerfed and I'm seeing the "medics" in every possible FF and split bg.

11. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

I'm pretty sure the fact that you started with "Lol" therefore implying that what you were reading was a joke and not a serious issue is what implicates you for being a zealot.

12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

To be fair, if a rune is at the same power level or even slightly weaker than another rune, I believe BOTH runes should get nerfed at the same time. IE the healers should all get tapped at once instead of one at a time.

One at a time nerfing seems more significant than a wide-spread nerf.

13. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

LOL @ CAVERN KEEPER HAVING DISPELING BLOWS/ SURGE VOIL WITH NO BASIC ATTACK

14. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Well lets compare them

Medic is 6 nora cheaper
    Medic has cleanse
    Medic has heal 3
    Medic gives every champ near it regen 1(including avatars)
    Medic has immunize(not that useful)
    Medic has immunity: disease(not that useful)

Cavernkeeper is 6 nora more expensive
    Cavernkeeper has dispel
    Cavernkeeper has heal 3
    Cavernkeeper has sustain
    Cavernkeeper has boost (only useful in moga really, otherwise its a sandbag)
    Cavernkeeper has immunity:voil(have only ever seen this used like twice in a mirror match)

Draw your own conclusions about whats better, cleanse or dispel (its cleanse in case you didnt know). Cavernkeeper does indeed do more focused healing with sustain, but empathy on medic has the potential to heal a bunch as well, and by not hurting the healing champ.

Cavernkeeper has +1 speed, -7hp, and +1 def when compared to medic.

Again, keep in mind that cavernkeeper costs 6 more nora than medic. If given the choice id probs run 1 of each for the champ based cleanse and dispel on the board.

This isnt a LOL GO LOOK AT THIS OTHER CHAMP FIRST situation like youre trying to make it.

Zealot

Pedeguerra, BurnPyro, Burcho and 2 others like this.
  15. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Baller is king.

Ballballer, BurnPyro and SaintKiwi like this.
  16. Axeraiser

You lost when you said Cleanse was better than Dispel baller.

17. Axeraiser

And yes I think the the thought that Medic needs a nerf is laughable , I don't even run it so I could care less if it nerfed. I guess disagreeing with people and having a different opinion makes me a zealot.

18. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

I honestly dont even know what to say.

You have stunned me into silence.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  19. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

Range is equal, but cleanse also heals for 5. Even if you have nothing to cleanse it works and you can keep him safe in the background.

20. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Personally I am not understand this game enough to comment like MW24 has convinced me.. I wonder what Warfoots opinion on this is...