What is Killing this Game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vorian, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

People invest a lot of money into a theme like Witches, and then they get nerfed into the ground which puts people off this game. This shoe boxing of expensive themes has gotta stop! How can you correct this? Well dont nerf Dragons or Spirits into the ground.

2. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

3. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

Please nerf both of those, underground, and let rise some new themes.

4. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

You are, Vorian.

Pattn199, TeaScholar and BurnPyro like this.
  5. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Guys what do you think of my new band name? Troll Threadz and the Bad Ideas

Pattn199, JellyBerry and BurnPyro like this.
  6. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

maybe people catergorising minor nerfs as nerfed into the ground is what's killing this game. just a thought.

7. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

I wish there was a circus lobby and more players in game.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Read:

Im so mad my overpowered theme got nerfed. Don't nerf the themes I'm curre tly playing.

God you're just unbearable. I have yet to see a thread of yours that follows logic and a coherent train of thought.

@kalasle so uh, where are the instalocks on Vorians spam thread you talked about?

Cydna likes this.
  9. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

op has a core point you cant argue with... just about everything is getting nerfed and has been getting nerfed for a long time.

super71 likes this.
  10. Vorian

Well I am not playing Spirits or Dragons. Of course the Draksar Shifter is heading for a deserved nerf, but the rest are fine apart from maybe the Imperator. Maybe the Revenants need to lose hex but thats about it.

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

And OP is the guy who said he wouldnt play until rune X (was it naria? Or IS angel?) got nerfed.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Either there's attempts to balance the game or you keep your runes as they are. You can't have both.

Hush

12. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

OP has a good point:

Runes are rebalanced so often (pretty much constantly and endlessly for years) that players are forced to repeatedly rebuild BGs/re-upgrade runes and players can easily invest in a rune or theme they like only to see that rune or theme dramatically changed - sometimes across multiple iterations.

The volatility the runes is a problem and I can understand why it causes frustration for the OP.

super71 likes this.
  13. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

blaming the victims? tsk tsk

14. Vorian

Look Spirits, Dragons, Psychic, Dwarves and Worms are all really expensive themes that are in danger of being shoeboxed if the same line is taken with them as Witches. All I am trying to say is I am lucky enough to be able to afford multiple themes or I would have quit this game ages ago. Burn the angels are individual expensive runes, not an entire theme of at least 3+x2 auto include Exos and 2+x2 auto include legendaries... To afford 1 of those decks is gonna cost you at least $38 probably more like $50 depending on ur booster box luck, which is as much as a new PS4, Xbox 1 or Wii U game! If some1 is gonna spend $50 to acquire a deck for 1 game, they dont want to see it shoe boxed! Also why is there the culture in poxnora that its fine for Meta decks to be tier 1 and not themes?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Everything is getting nerfed to prevent power creep. More themes are playable than SOE era. A lot of people are just mad they can't clutch the same stupid OP Bane Shift anymore.

16. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Problem is faction packs still aren't a thing, were forced to buy a million packs still not get what we want and trade with pox box or sharks. Runes change so much that the casual player that stops in can't even keep up with the meta or popular themes. Were constantly focusing on buffing and nerfing when so many core things about pox are broken.

I used to buy a box or mega box every expansion now I just wait until they go to pox box and trade away old shitty runes for new ones. The trading system, lack of options for packs, like faction specific or theme specific is what's killing the pox economy. I'd rather go spend my money on literally any other card game anymore besides pox, and it's not because pox is bad it's mostly because I don't want spend 50$ to get 200 runes i'll never use unless I forge.

Also their isn't even any information on what the "extended set" is anymore, the pack and box system is so outdated it's hilarious.

17. super71

I disagree entirely their are maybe 2 themes per faction and some factions have 3 themes that are runnable in the top. I hate to keep going back to it but when Gedden did the re-vamp I could play almost 4 themes per faction competitively, does nobody find it funny that the re-vamp happened we had a huge player base for a bit then we started nerfing everything and it's been shrinking ever since ?

Nerfing and nerfing and nerfing just make other runes need a buff, had we left everything buffed we would be in a better place. Were literally going backwards other than new ways to earn gold.

18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

When the revamp hit it was like an expansion so yes there were more players. The poxnora population has always been declining. People ASKED for nerfs. There may be a small correlation to people quitting Poxnora and constant nerfs, but i'm sure the majority of players who quit just want to get on with their life. Agirgis and Gamergirl are the most recent examples. They quit not because they didn't like game direction but because they decided they've played enough Poxnora. Maybe all the themes were complete Bane Shift back then, because I remember only have 4 BGs back then. I have 15+ BGs and i'm only playing 3 factions right now.

Runes are getting buffed. A lot of people obviously haven't noticed that the range nerfs came with unsandbagging ranged champs. Dwarfs and Lonx are two themes that I play that got a bunch of buffs. People see what they want to see.

poinl likes this.
  19. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Actually, Dwarves can be played on a budget very well. The only "expensive" rune you really need is Minister, but even just a King can suffice for a while. Furthermore, the Rune Forge has done wonders for rune accessibility of late. All they need to do is increase gold gains and new players won't have a problem with getting runes.

20. super71

Except dwarves haven't been bad in like 5 patches and lonx were very good like 2 or 3 patches ago, until they all started getting nerfs but okay whatever you say.