Hearthstone players, unite!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pedeguerra, Jul 21, 2014.

1. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

Seems not awful. Potentially good in a tempo deck, particularly with Bran.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Yeah, not awful is accurate.
    For me to run a 6 mana 5/5 the battlecry has to be really good, and I dont think this one cuts it. Wonder why its a mage card, though.

3. doubtofbuddha

[​IMG]

Nope. Nope. Nope.

4. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Dragon Priest can actually do fairly well without GvG cards. Missing Lightbomb can suck sometimes but it's not necessary for the deck overall (and Entomb can help fill in that blank for some situations).

5. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Cards: Faceless Summoner:

How good are random 3-drops with no Battlecries?

The absolute worst results are 2/2's and most of the time the 1/4's. Possibly Magma Rager against a Mage or some other class that can easily deal with a 5/1 (though to be fair, at turn 6, a 5/1 is actually not terrible to have against classes that can't easily deal with it).

There are a few standouts that you really want, such as Mukla (original flavor), Arcane Golem, or Felguard, whom don't have their negative effects triggered. This and Bane of Doom are probably the only times I'll say people want a Felguard.

Anyway, the number of 3-drops that have positive effect Battlecries and thus bad stats, or that have bad stats in general, does out-number those over-budgeted 3-drops. By a lot.

However, most of those will still be at least slightly better than a 2-drop, or equivalent to a vanilla 2-drop. This makes the card overall better than Silver Hand Knight in terms of total value gained per mana. As discussed with Mire Keeper (that's apparently it's official name) the Druid 4-cost Minion that can optionally summon a 2/2, Silver Hand Knight isn't actually a bad card, it's just not a good enough one.

Is the extra stats value (generally) and possible bonus effects from this worth it? Maybe. It is worth noting that Standard and Wild will have different possible outcomes, but most of the overbudgetted cards will be in Standard.

The main problem is that, as a Mage card, this doesn't fit into either Freeze or Tempo decks (or Echo/Duplicate decks). Rather it is laying groundwork for possible Mid-Range decks, or Mage Control that is not focused on Burn.

As noted, it still also has stiff competition against cards like Emperor Thaurissan, Sylvanas, Cairne, and Sunwalker in constructed play.

In Arena it's a great common card to draft though.

Servant of Yogg-Saron:

So I watched most of Trump's video. A couple of things stood out to me.

1. I don't agree on what's "okay." His definition of "okay result" was effectively that there was no major change in the board-state or stat-lines. The problem with this is that you just paid 5 mana for a 5/4 that didn't do anything.

Likewise, even if you get a "good" or "very good" result, if the "value" of that result isn't high enough, than you're still losing overall value.

Due to the doubly random nature of the effect, I'd put at least a minimum of a 2 mana spell that was beneficially used in a way that you can capitalize on it.

2. "Good" and "Very good" results were already below 50% for both instances even with Trump's less strict qualifications.

Take all that together, and you've got a very, very bad card.

But at least it'll be fun outside of competitive play?

News: Blizzard will have Show-matches featuring WOG decks on the 21st of April, 10 am PST.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  6. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

if it wasn't a mage card I would say it is pretty good, I think of it as 1/2 way between shredder and piloted sky golem. stats are better than golem and you get the minion upfront rather than on the backend which is generally better.

7. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

So, new mage skin for those of you who like to play HS dressup. It's only 5$ and all the proceeds go to charity.

That's the cool part.

IOS EXCLUSIVE

And the fun part it that it currently locks you out of other versions because the skin isn't patched in yet.

8. doubtofbuddha

I am going to get it. Don't have any other skins except the pally one, and I like WWF. My gf likes WWF even more so she would probably like me contributing so double bonus! :D

9. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

"Please donate to charity! But only if you own one of our products." -Love, Apple.

*shrug*

Seems kind of stupid, but obviously Apple is the one that financially sponsored it so whatever.

10. doubtofbuddha

[​IMG]

Sweeeet.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  11. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

Now that is an interesting card. Being Rogue is unfortunate though, would be better in a lot of other classes I think.

12. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

So... how many Coldlight Oracles can Rogue play now?

Eh, with all the Combo: X cards they have it seems like it'd do fine, and I wouldn't mind getting a 1 cost 1/1 Huckster or Xaril or whatever. Sure, maybe some Druid cards would be better (any of the Transform cards for example would have been amazing [EDIT: technically, a Rogue might get some of those when playing against Druid]) but...

More importantly, are Combo and Battlecry cards good enough? Is that the thing that Herald of Volajz was missing? Because this is basically Herald of Volajz except slightly worse (since it doesn't put the copy into play immediately, and is limited to only one copy, while having similarly bad stats for cost [albeit at a different cost]) outside of those particular instances.

Also, again: why doesn't she know how to hold more than one sword properly? That's going to keep bothering me every time I see that otherwise excellent art. At least it's not as bad as Elven Archer.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  13. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

GOOD ROGUE CARD ALERT.

I actually think this is a better card than Volajz. The possibilities are pretty amazing. It's easy to end up on the Malygos/Autctioneer crazy train but something as simple as a SI, Azure Drake, Brann (dear god) hell... even Thalnos works for me.

Enables combo, crazy value everywhere, disgusting with Xaril on curve. I dig it.

14. doubtofbuddha

[​IMG]

Could be good with the right deathrattle minions. Or maybe just a good midrange Hunter enabler, with the lions, Cairne, and Sylvannas, along with a few more mid-range options. I see a lot of potential with this guy.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  15. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Fairly good effect. Depends on how many DR's outside of Savannah Highmane Hunter wants to run.

Might be a better card for Wild, which has arguably more/more solid 4 and 5 cost DR minions and Webspinners and Feign Death.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  16. doubtofbuddha

Mad Frost Magician

4 Mana

2/4

After your spell is casted, freeze a random enemy.

2/4 for 4 is reaally bad.

17. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Water Ele is 4 mana. So there's that.

18. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Fun exercise for you guys, here's my pet deck bestalltime that's actually better than it looks (ok it's bad)

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/474071-renorogue

It's losing 6 cards in rotation and was wondering what I could do right now (let's save the new cards for later) to replace those.

19. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Mad Frost Magician can potentially Freeze characters that have already been Frozen that turn as well. (EDIT: The previous sentence is INCORRECT.)

I think this is a case of them having originally wanted it at 3 mana, to be a sort of contrasting companion to Flamewaker, but realizing the effect was perhaps too strong so they raised the cost, but didn't also give the maybe 1 point of stats (becoming a 4/3 or 2/5 or something) that it maybe should have gotten along with the cost bump.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  20. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Which makes you wonder, what if it cast Ice Lance on a random target instead? Not saying it would be better but you could combo off a couple of things.