The Book of Al'Mara - An Inquisitor's guide to Paladins, Priests and Shamans

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Markoth, Feb 23, 2015.

1. LordRahan

LordRahan Devotee of the Blood Owl

Yeah, that's true. I went through your description of paladin champs almost 6 to 7 times before I could come up with my first paladin deck. Thanks again!

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Good news. I have like 8 hours today that I am running a job fair that I am certain only a few people are coming to so I will be working on the guide a lot today. Lets see how far I can get.

To-Do:
    Updating for last patch
    Finish spoiler tagging stats for champions.
    Begin Deckbuilding section?

Qucas, JazzMan1221 and Tweek516 like this.
  3. Kicrimson

Kicrimson The King of Potatoes

diviner no longer have aid defense. Im thinking to drop them and change upgrade on bastion or drop him too

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Indeed. I am still working my way through the changes. I have taken the Diviners out of my deck and added 2 Veilwalkers. They are great with either their 76 or 78 nora build both Soften and Tariff are great abilities.

I would keep Aid Defense on Bastion if your deck is still primarily Barbarians. I would go Cleave if you run Medal of Valor and Battle Leader if not.

5. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

I do have a question with this comment. In this case, would you use one with the 76 build and the other with the 78 build, or two of the same? Just curious.

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Some players like using different builds. Personally I prefer having both with the same build. I dont like being at the mercy of draws so I try to limit it as much as possible.

7. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Thank you very much. Personal taste on that, then. I guess it would depend on the other skills in the upgrade paths. I appreciate the help.

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Beginning work on update.

9. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Left my small puny dwarves in the dungeon for a while to test barb/paladin. mostly because i did get some exotic paladins forged and they are working very good.

Thank you for the tips in this thread.
    //Hiero

10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

You're welcome.

All Priests are now updated. Shamans are all that is left.

DonK101st and Tweek516 like this.
  11. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

First half of Shamans are complete. Switching all druids to shamans as well as a few other runes gaining the class almost tripled the number of Shamans.

19madfox95 and Tweek516 like this.
  12. Hierokliff

@Markoth, Do you know how the ability 'inquisition' works? I have problems knowing which enemy it will affect, which is no problem when i run one of those champs with it, but testing running a few inquisition champs to get anti-spell presence i get into trouble position up right to get them to affect more then the same target.

And Zedin, why is he a knight and not paladin? wish he was a faithful paladin so he could be cleansed by CtE and get full benefit from Holy blade of Valdac, he is still great but would be even better with such a little change. could see all of our (6?) IS knights be switched to Paladins to make life better and easier for IS :) or warriors. Noticed 2 of the 6 was dualclass paladin+knight already which is not good.

13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Inquisition targets the closest enemy champ.

14. Hierokliff

And who is that if i got 4 of them all at 3 squares away?

15. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Its either going to be deploy order or relocation order.

19madfox95 likes this.
  16. Hierokliff

Thanks, thats what i thought/feared, i think i give up on that ability to maximize it. its awesom 1v1 but in larger combats hmm its secondary to block spell presence with it compaired to get into better combat position...still awesome when it works and i see 2 white flashes at the end of the turn and his both champs are branded and faithless :)

17. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I have updated Paladins and Priests with the latest patch. I am slowly going through and updating links, sprites and images from dead PoxBase links into qpoxdb links. The first 2 pages have had their ratings adjusted and split into 3 different ratings for 'Meta Decks', 'Dwarf Decks' and 'Barbarian Decks'. These ratings are still in the context of a Holy/Paladin deck.

I am taking a lunch break and hope to have Paladins 100% updated and formated after lunch.

Edit: Pages 3-4 of Paladins done.
    Edit: Page 5 dones.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    Tweek516 and Sokolov like this.
  18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

U machine

19. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Priests have been completed. All links, sprites and images updated. Multi-Theme Ratings added. Onward to Shamans.

20. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Grintmaw wins for best support shaman.