One Piece

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Gnomes, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Any of you wach? i started about a month ago and am really digging it! but man are there alot of episodes... I am at 524 atm. when i was younger i thought of it as childish and nerdy to watch it, but now watching it i see how deep the show really is.

I thought ide start this thread because there is a guy playing called MonkeyDLucy or somthing like that, so i know there is at least one more fan :D

2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I stopped watching a long while ago. they're never going to find one piece, well maybe one piece but not all of it.

Brook has a thicker skin than Turkish president Erdogan, but he has no skin he is a skeleton Ho Ho Ho.

Ohmin, Dagda and Gnomes like this.
  3. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i read it, not watch it

raise ur reveries

SaintKiwi and BurnPyro like this.
  4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Saandro likes this.
  5. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

ok not a month ago, more like 3-4 months ago, but i only started watching consistently a month ago, befor that i only watched a bit and then stopped for a week

6. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Haven't watched it, though like Dagda I've read it. I did watch some of the first couple movies, and they were very silly (in a good way mostly).

7. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

boa handcock doe

8. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

Was a favourite of mine when I was younger. Stopped after the Thriller bark arc. It dragged to much. Every arc was the same. And the good guys survived way to much Bane Shift thrown at them. Also things like everyone losing to those agents who kidnapped Robin , but nobody dieing. Then they just regroup and completely destroy them. To the point even Nami 1v1'd one of these super agents. Wow. Such tension. So epic. When in thriller bark the bear guy attacked zorro he should have died but nope. That's one of the reasons I like JoJo so much. Even some minor villains appear threatening. While the main antagonists are just superb. You always have the feeling the main hero could die in a fight. And that's what I like about my villains. A feeling of dread and credibility.

Although I do like the designs in OP. And I thought about watching/reading it again multiple times during the years. But always decided not to, because I know it's still the same and will never change.

9. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

try getting back to it, i feel the next arc or so will help with some of your issues- if by 2 arcs after thriller bark you still have the same problems, then whatever

this isn't to say that people still don't die, but the number of named characters that *do* die is miniscule. by thriller bark it's i think maybe literally 0. people are tough af in onepiece.

10. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

haha why not watch a REAL anime instead?

That's right!
    [​IMG]

11. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Which begs the question: Why does an anime about driving tanks have an aircraft carrier as the background?

I mean, "Japan!" sure, it's an island and all that, but of the things that Aircraft Carriers are often associated with, it's not tanks.

12. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Because all the girl schools are on couple mile long aircraft carriers.

duh.
    [​IMG]
    Why are the japanese girl highschools english, american, italian, french, russian, and german themed? Because Firk you that's why!

13. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I have no problem with that.

But tank exercises on an air-craft carrier is still... very "anime."

14. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

It's not that people need to die. It's just that the author constantly puts them in situation where I am thinking to myself they should be dead. After a while what should be exciting just becomes boring because of it.

15. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Some Aircraft Carriers do in-fact carry tanks as Amphibious Assault Craft. They are stored well below the deck. They are equipped with massive elevators on the carriers that can lift Helicopters, and Tanks from below to the top of the deck. I wouldn't put it against them to do some exercises with them on the top of the deck.

16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Guys you are being distracted from what really matters: