NYDaily: Suadia Arabia "blackmailing" the US over 9/11 Liability?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ohmin, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...esponse-9-11-liability-suit-article-1.2603675

"Saudi Arabia's Foreign Minister Adel Al-Jubeir (l., with Secretary of State John Kerry) said the Arab nation would sell off $750 billion of its U.S. assets if the controversial legislation is passed.
    Outraged 9/11 families accused Saudi Arabian officials Saturday of blackmailing the U.S. to hide their alleged role as financiers of the World Trade Center terrorists.

The fierce attacks came after a Saturday report that the Saudis threatened to sell off up to $750 billion in U.S. assets if Congress passes legislation allowing its government to be held liable in 9/11-related lawsuits."

Comments:
    None yet, it's late, I'll have to think about it more over time. There may be other/better sources but this sums up the current situation.

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Seems perfectly logical to me.

If a foreign nation was threatening the US with passing a law that said "The US owes us 1 trillion dollars for X, Y and Z" I doubt the US would be sitting around going, "Sure, no problem."

In any case, it's a bluff, or stupid, as doing so would damage their economy significantly more than it would harm the US.

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

SA are a bunch of medieval nutters anyway. The only reason they exist and are allowed to be horrible as they are is their oil supply.

SA beheads loads more people for the dumbest Bane Shift, with all their religious zealotry. Just ugh

4. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

5. defypain

defypain The King of Potatoes

that was funny as fck

6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

are you cursing on the forums? children play this game, wtf is wrong with you?

7. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

What do you think "WTF" means?

8. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

where's the fudge

?

Ohmin, BurnPyro and mw24 like this.
  9. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

You are precious.