Pox Nora Revamp - Preview 1

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Gedden, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Would certainly make for cheap champs :p

Ponderous I can see being one of those "selective champion" racial things.

2. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

Brilliant, you've absolutely nailed it.

I really like the UI layout too, I hope a lot of it will make it into the actual design. Like showing what the sprites actually look like in game, it's details like that which can go a long way to making the game more accessible. It makes me incredibly hopeful to see you pay attention to such details.

Do you have plans to keep Common runes more simple, while reserving the more complicated interactions for higher rarities, as they chose to do in MtG?

Also, can you share any thoughts already regarding Legendaries and how they will fit in? Will they be more unique than the average rune or simply provide different mechanics that are not available outside of Legendaries?

Woffleet likes this.
  3. rogreborn

rogreborn Devotee of the Blood Owl

I believe this will be a great middle ground and should help the new players get into the game making it a little easier to get used to abilities, and also allow everyone some customization depending on your play style. I look forward to what you guys have in store for the themes out there. I think this game might finally be heading in the right direction.

4. Muddled

Muddled Member

holy smokes, this looks like a ton of work to change all the champs. I am excited about learning a whole new meta and the growth of themes (go trolls!)

5. kat7ra

kat7ra Member

Hmm, you have my attention.

DarkJello likes this.
  6. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Yeah, kind of important to know. Will flying champions be "simpler" because one of the abilities it has, Flight, counts toward the 5 abilities?

7. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Wow, this is baffling. If we considerate the whole "no more sink abilities" policy combined with this post, then it looks like many of the "when you have X champions, you gain Z" abilities will be gone as well.

I can't wait to read the preview for the racials and themes revamp. Elsari coven ftw!

8. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Let me condense my feelings:

Great work, Owls, the wait has paid off. Your CP treatment is glorious. Reminds me of the WoW Battle Pets, and its a good system.

DarkJello, Gedden and Goyo like this.
  9. IceNorth

IceNorth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Awesome, sounds great, best parts still there, and problems dealt with at same time :D

Really curious how zombies will be handled tho, ZA+Boon add up to a lot of skills, leaves little room for tweaking.

Oh and any plans on making legs craftable? Say 1200 or 1500 shards each?

10. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I don't know what your plans are for Plants, but there could be a few token Treefolk/Plants that have the ability to make any of their racial brothers Take Root (instead of giving Take Root to every Plant).

11. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

Seems like the boundaries between a "Racial" and a "Theme" will have to be looked at based on the number of runes that fit into the category.

12. exiledtyrant

exiledtyrant Active Member

Since they still have levels it's still ok to invest in tokens then?

13. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Yeah, fellas. It´s ownage time.
    Go tell your friends and foes, neighbors and friends from across the oceans, it´s official: the pillars of meta are being shaken, and new heroes shall inhabit the world of Pox Nora.
    Now tell me how are you nerfing the staple spells from every faction and I shall give you dollars. Or Owl dollars, as you wish.
    Just make sure you kick DOMICLIFF out of the window, it ruins the fun for EVERYBODY.

14. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

First of all, thanks for sharing this :) I hope some hesitant players understand now the hard work you are into and wait a bit longer for this major awesome changes. Thanks you!!

Now, I won't point out what I find great because that would copy paste the entire post, although I want to
    adress some things I worry about.

About complexity creep, you say most champions will have up to 5 abilities, that's great! But what about complex abilities that are hardly described or has unintuitive mechanics? I hope for several changes on some abilities that I find too powerful or mere unnecesary like global damage or 3 ranks on resistance. Please give us some more examples on this.

About adding nora cost to abilities. Would you have a test field for them or you are going to release them directly so we all test them live?

And finally, I hope for renewed ability icons to make them more easily readable and less visualy stressing ^^

15. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

I like what I see for the most part. Totally agree with roles, ability limits etc. The only disapointment for me is that tokens are being retained and to level runes it is still going to be an issue, despite the fact the rune will be slightly cheaper.

Balance isn't going to be instant, people need to understand and have patience as this is going to take a little while to get right.

DarkJello likes this.
  16. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I certainly wouldn't mind resists and evasive/reflexes going to 2 ranks (25%/50%) for easier calculation.

Goyo likes this.
  17. Gedden

Gedden Administrator Octopi

So yes and no. I think the only way to address this question would be to point out what abilities are supposed to mean. The goal of having abilities on a champion is to make them fill some kind of strategic role. She is beater, she is a damage dealer, or she is a support. Every ability on that champion should try and help that champion serve the role that it plays in a battlegroup.

Lumbering is an ability with negative effects, but it generally makes the unit cheaper which helps it serve to serve its role. For example, the deep miner is supposed to be a cheap nora generator. She is not supposed to cap fonts on the 2nd turn.

Also, the average unit in pox will have 4-5 abilities. There will be units with 2, and there will be units 7.

newsbuff, TeaNinja, Tweek516 and 6 others like this.
  18. Indijanac

Indijanac I need me some PIE!

1. Don't meld faction together.
    2.Dont make every faction able to do everything ( for example cleanse , LoL Attack and stuff )
    3.Dont make same champions over and over again , make as much of then unique as possible

And im happy

TeaNinja and Tarathil like this.
  19. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

Either really going to like it or really not going to like it guess I will see :)

20. s4ndm4ns

s4ndm4ns I need me some PIE!

holy Bane Shift, this is briliant