Spirits Midterm Thoughts?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xuldorl, May 12, 2016.

?

Of the runes released in the Spirits Beyond Midterm, which is your favorite?

1. Arroyo Riftwalker

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  2. Frostwing Slayer

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. Mother of Frond

10 vote(s)
    21.7%
  4. Myx Incubator

7 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Naria Strangler

12 vote(s)
    26.1%
  6. Swift Current

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  7. Valdaci Shieldwarden

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  8. Zombie Rotwrapper

6 vote(s)
    13.0%
  1. Xuldorl

Xuldorl I need me some PIE!

Just a thread to discuss your thoughts on the midterm.

2. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

MoF is really fun

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I'm disappointed with Shieldwarden's sprite. The art was so cool.

4. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Nobody likes Swift Current?

5. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

its a double edged sword. swift current the ability drags friendly units towards the target. great, so what melee units are there in FS again that would benefit from that considering how squish they are? add to that then that you have to consider your ranged units as they may have to position themselves outside the aura because they get dragged into it as well, which causes positonal issue of your squishy ranged champs being dragged further towards the enemy. then its price is just 2 high for something with a vuln and such an abilty. furthermore alot of people including myself arent a big fan of split runes and heres yet another for FS(also what is with the monk agenda? personally i dont like that either). i think it might benefit ST but i dont play enough st to comment on it. so it doesnt come as a big surprise in all honesty.

H3II likes this.
  6. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Mechanically like the myx best but I like the frond best overall because it has style and is unique.

Gnomes likes this.
  7. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Yeah, this set didn't seem to really go down well for FS. Oh well.

8. bagoftrick

i'd happily agree if silent master wasn't also more ST orientated. and FS stopped been the guinea pig of the game for trying dodgey split combos. starting with the darkmarsh witch, which in essence is an FW rune.

9. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

The Riftwalker is the coolest imo. Right after that, the Myx and the Naria, and then the Monk.

Edit: Found out what Beset condition from the Frostwing does, he is now the coolest in my eyes. Everyone else just goes down one step comparatively.

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  10. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Why does he not fit the theme? I'm curious.

Why is it only good in Monks? Doesn't his ability without class restriction?

11. bagoftrick

We forgot spell spam, by bunching things together like this it will invariably create the oppurtunity for mass aoe.

12. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I'd generally rather run Pirahnid Warrior, short of monk-specific stuff (The Silent Master mostly). Even with the Brutality Sandbag and lower range. Vigorous Cries is just so much better than Swift Current for so many reasons.

I'm actually kind of wondering if the main reason they didn't go with that ability instead was because of The Silent Master and No-Can-Do amplifying AP gen's usefulness.

It's a shame, I rather like the art and flavor.

Anyway, Strangler by far has the most interesting effect while still also being effective. Mother of Frond is a close second place for me though. Rotwrapper would probably excite me more if I didn't find Zombies both brainless and boring.

13. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It is, though it's also 10 nora instead of 4.

14. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Lol so for every zombie that dies, they get another zombie. So zombies basically never lose ZA now. And this dude range swarms and counters healing. How did this guy make it out to release in his current version???
    There is literally zero chance that he wont need a nerf

15. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Only if it's real.

Woffleet likes this.
  16. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Yes, but the champions relevant to the discussion (Swift Current, ST and FS Vig. Cries units) are around the same nora cost, due to how stats and other abilities end up stacking up.

Warrior and Tortun Captain don't tend to get run outside of their themes (and often enough not even then). While Warrior trades on Range and Captain on SPD, (and Recruiter on both) their effect is still generally stronger. Swift Current is a potentially negative effect, though it's on a more generally useful (no racial specific abilities and better stats) unit.

It's nice to have options, but I don't see Swift Current seeing much play outside of Monks. And even then a large part of me thinks I'd rather have Vig. Cries and lower RNG (and I guess no Dragging Attack), or something.

Which is fine of course. But I and I think some others just aren't impressed with where Monks are at as a BG currently, whether Split or ST. Perhaps I'm wrong, I haven't checked out the ST forums in a while and they are much more excited than I think.

17. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Took the words out of my mouth.

18. bagoftrick

i agree with this statement. and think its revealing that everyone keeps saying SPLIT OR ST. but no one says fs. these runes are split with fs but almost all of them are played split or ST. they arent FS runes. people should be fs players at this moment in time. its very frustrating when half the runes been released are been tagged with this when they are in fact just ST runes so FS just misses out continuously.

19. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

It is still op in a theme that spams low cost champs (And needs champs on the board to proc its racial). ESPECIALLY when combined with all the other stuff that the guy does.

20. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

Ballbaleer we juist have to wait amd see