League of Legends

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Morfeas, Jul 2, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

mw is 12, rough estimate

2. poinl

poinl I need me some PIE!

The new revolver is sick on TF and Fizz

Give the guy a break damn.

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

fine

14, final offer

4. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Hmm, new Cass is interesting. I used to play her quite a bit when I felt like being not-Support (or someone else picked it first). I do feel like their explanation was kind of BS though.

"We wanted to make Twin Fang less reliant on Poison."

Yeah, good on you to reduce the CD. But then you need the target to be poisoned to do significant damage so... I dunno.

Not sure how I feel about no boots (boot, singular?)

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

New vlad feels so clunky

i feel like I'm killing myself in teamfights, let alone in lane. Especially without spellvamp items. Bleh

6. poinl

Bleh bleh bleh

Leadrz likes this.
  7. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

gnomes i'm afraid i probly either don't have you or you're not on NA

i'd say feel free to add me but i'm gonna not be touching league for another month or two so at that point i'll probably have forgotten who these people adding me are

8. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

All good im eu. And not playing much anymore anyway

9. poinl

New Cass is much easier to farm with, but feels a lot weaker as well. We lost 25% cdr and 30% AP so we don't have to build boots. E is even more reliant on poison but does less damage when they are poisoned than it used to and only heals when they are poisoned. (wtf make up your mind riot) New W is great for blocking off paths, but the 22 second CD and 4 second duration kills it. The old W's 8 second cooldown with 7 second duration allowed for choking off areas much easier and could actually go over walls. Buffed q MS with passive allows for some good kiting and new E makes farming a breeze, but that's about it. I'v found new Cass can defend very well, but so could the old one to a degree. One of my favorite champs needs help. The hot fix wasn't enough imho.

10. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

see? your freedom levels are subpar m8

also i've yet to see new cass do anything worthwhile. she got rammed pretty hard it seems

11. poinl

Ok everything i just complained about on cass, they are fixing. Hurra! W goes over walls, has decreased cooldown, variable range. Q has its range back. All coming on 6.10 patch.

Ohmin likes this.
  12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Dynamic que here to stay, soloQ gone forever.

Welp there goes me, already not giving a Firk this season about rank, feeling even less motivated to put in any effort to rank up. Biggest e-sport in the world, let's not try and give people a fair chance to show they're the best of the best.

Oh riot, how easy you make it to give less ****s about your game. Watching it got boring long ago, now playing doesn't even feel competitive anymore.

13. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i understood the change from solo/duo to dynamic to be more about promoting not only teamplay but teambuilding. league is not now and has never been a solo game, it's just taken people an incredibly long time to realize that.

this is important in the context of easing the transition from lower ranks to upper ranks to amateur/pro stuff, in theory. in practice, whothe****knows. i like dyna q. it tends to mean more trust on my team, regardless of whether i'm the odd one out or not.

poinl likes this.
  14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

however

it demeans the rank of you as a player, or at least, your individual skill level. my experience with dyna q isn't the best around low dia high plat mmr the few times I did soloQ this season. It ends up being a stompfest if one team has more dyna q's than you. sure there's the whole teamwork thing. But that's no reason for not having a dyna q and a soloQ. It's objectively harder to climb as a soloq player than a dyna q player. Especially since riot still refuses to put a damn voice chat in their game, because typing everything to teammates on skype in a one way stream of seemingly useless info feels awesome.

dunno

the one reason I bothered playing ranked soloQ before was to at least feel like I did something getting to diamond. duoq was a thing, but it was harder to carry a gold to diamond, now you let that guy tag along with other good players and he'll get carried much easier, in comparison. Maybe that's a good thing. Maybe its not. I just don't see why there couldn't be separate ranks, only at the highest level of play are there high enough que times that this would be troublesome.

tldr competition, bragging rights, im bored of league anyway, my ***** is still mildly average

edit dia+ might be limited to 1-2 or 3 player ques. Yay for me. Sucks to be a teamplayer. Buhbye competitive practice. Who needs sandbox mode anyway?

15. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

yeah i said theory for a reason. lack of voicecomms is absurd, since it's a given that people will use them- better to have riot-run ingame Bane Shift imo.

they don't seem to have a terribly consistent plan for the game across all their sub-levels

Ohmin and BurnPyro like this.
  16. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

i have still yet to see a tallya in game. i guess nobody wants to play as an androgynous arabic surfer

17. poinl

She is ass tier that's why. She has some unique tricks but that's about as far as she goes.

18. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I don't really see why that's a problem, since dynamic queueing is available for everyone. As you said, the main "issue" is with queue times (I imagine mostly for specific roles at that).

I can of course understand having some pride in having climbed using the normal queue system, sort of like how I might take some pride in having done certain WoW dungeons and raids without using the LFG function (indeed, before it existed). But really, other than "ruining my immersion" the LFG system is superior to trawling various Trade chats or local zone chats looking for that fifth member (that you have to summon because for some reason you thought playing Warlock would be fun and dungeon summoning stones don't exist yet) so you can finally get that full Diremaul run and maybe if the people are amenable get your Epic Mount quest done for once dammit!

Er... I mean...

*cough*

League of Legends doesn't have "immersion" so the only issue then is which queue you prefer, and with some rare exceptions Dynamic seems like it will be better... so why not use it? I dunno, I still haven't played much (let alone ranked), I'm still relearning item builds and figuring out the meta since I stopped playing before Dynamic Queue existed. So maybe I'm missing something.

Seriously. I mean, there are plenty of "teammates" I probably wouldn't want to actually talk to, but I'd like the option for something other than setting up Skype or something with some pre-mades... and no, I'm not bothering to send skype info to randoms (for a variety of reasons), even if we mostly get along in-game.

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Its important because soloQ solo skill is important to get accepted into teams or tournaments.

Also just to feel like you've accomplished something in this godforsaken game. Sure dyna que is availeble for everyone, but thats no reason to not also have soloQ

20. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Why?

I mean, especially for teams, aren't they generally looking to fill a specific role anyway? They wouldn't then need someone to prove they are skilled in adaptive roles would they? Thus Dyna Queue might help someone get noticed better (especially if they are in fact specialized and worthy but only "that good" in a given role [even if competent in other roles]). Or were you speaking more generally and I'm an **** for dragging it out?