Let's Build An Expansion Together

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Feel free to redesign it. I'd like Summon Watershed Anchor on Base, and UP 2 to stay as it is as both relate to the flavor and interact well mentally, but yeah go nuts. I get what your saying.

Edit: Perhaps it could be a source of Deconstruct. Like leaving a piece of the wreckage behind after a wreck.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Looking for more ST or IS relic/equipment ideas.

Also looking to wrap this up this weekend.

3. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

My last ideas for this thread. One for the bok theme (if any) and one for Grintmaw (a tank with high mobility)

BOK HERALD
    Art: A bok channeling a lightning from a storm, using it to strike something on the sea surface.
    Text: "Smoke on water, and fire in the sky" - Purple, Deep Elf

Faction: UD
    Race: Demon
    Class: Wizard
    Size: 1x1

DMG: 8
    SPD: 6
    RNG: 1-2
    DEF: 0
    HP: 40

Base Abilities
    Attack: Electricity
    Flying

Upgrade 1
    Chain Lightning
    Lightning Storm 3
    Grant: Electricity Aura

Upgrade 2
    Tailwind
    Commander: Flying
    Grant: Flight

GRINTMAW MERGER
    Art: A grintmaw emerging from the earth.
    Text: "The mergers can change their body density, so they can shift through the ground like mold or become as hard as steel."

Faction: IS
    Race: Troll
    Class: Shaman
    Size: 1x1

DMG: 9
    SPD: 6
    RNG: 1
    DEF: 2
    HP: 45

Base Abilities
    Attack: Physical
    Rock Defiance
    Turtle

Upgrade 1
    Tunnel: Earth 2
    Tunnel Trap

Upgrade 2
    Hidden: Rock
    Tectonic Pulse

(edited with a different upgrade lines and adding turtle on base instead of Defender)

4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I like the idea behind this, I really do. However, other than Tunnel: Earth; the champion is a stereotypical Grintmaw. I think a new ability could make this champ shine, but that would disqualify it for this expansion. You might want to add it to the Rune Ideas, and Suggestions forum and see what people can brainstorm for it.

This Bok though would be perfect for the expansion. Tailwind in UD would be a great addition for those wanting to play more Bok bgs like myself. It's kit also feels streamlined so it would be a relatively cheap deploy making it a favorable option in when making the BG.

5. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Martial Arts Handbook

ST Equip
    Uncommon
    25 Nora

Some of the younger monks mastering the ways tend to carry around a handbook. Helps them to learn new techniques on the go.

Equipped champion with a max range of 2 or less gains fury. If the equipped champion is a monk it also gains riposte and arrow throw.

Qucas and IMAGIRL like this.
  6. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I understand that this might all be subject to change but that current list of FW champs seems a little off to me. It just seems like a bit too much of a mixed bag, most of the champions there don't really adhere to a pre-existing theme and seem to fill some obscure purpose.

It's nice to have lot's of unique ideas flooding in all at once but i feel that all these extravagant spices are going to waste without the good ol' salt and pepper to balance it out. It would be a shame if the runes in the expansion didn't appeal to everyone.

7. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Imma Firing Mah Lazorz: (couldn't think of a serious name)

45 nora, 20 hp.

Effect: This Relic has Magic Beam, Death Nova: Magical and Instability.

I took Ralphen's cool Instability+ Death Nova idea and slapped it on another Thunderhead Totem type relic.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  8. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Change the affects to Fire damage. (Flame Thrower, and Death Nova: Fire) Instability. Make it a spell that summons the Relic, and call it Spontaneous Combustion.

9. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Snowstorm Harness

ST relic - An outpost-like relic, but with some kind of antenna at the top.

30 nora

Lore text 1 - "The ancient Jakei scouting skills, allied to the Shaman's foresight, gave birth to a contraption that predicts storms in the Tundra and charges itself with their power and aid defending strategic areas".

Or

Lore Text 2 - "A device crafted through the union of nature skills and shamanic rituals, the Harness takes the reins over the very last shred of the sky previously uncontrollable by those who struggle in the Tundra".

"This relic has Snowstorm Forecast (Friendly Shamans gain Unstoppable. This Shares a CD with and removes the efects of Snowstorm Harness when activated (AP0, CD2)), and Snowstorm Harness (Friendly Rangers gain Attack: Electricity. This shares a CD with and removes the effects of Snowstorm Forecast (AP0, CD2))".

(The part in red corrects the official description, which is wrong).

I tried to make it as simple and balanced as possible, although I've tried to make it flavorfully cover some interesting aspects of a couple themes in ST, I'm not sure of how @Sokolov does his magic(math) when giving these things so I have no idea about the cost/ability power in relics ratio.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I can make more chunky melee undead if you want to see more chunky melee undead.

11. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Not sure about the champ but this seems like the right kind of idea - champs that enable undeveloped but much loved themes/existing runes.

People have been talking about bok theme for a long time - with a couple of additions like a flyer synergy and a demon/flyer synergy rune we could be on to a new theme.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Storm's Mercy (Or something. Designed after Janna from League of Legends)
    Barbarian, Shaman, Female, Size 1, Rarity Rare+, Ironfist Stronghold. (Could also be Angel/Paladin)

Stats
    6/6/3-5/0/44

Abilites
    Attack Electricity
    Repulsion
    Rallying Cries Rank 2
    Merciful
    Flying

Up 1
    Bubble
    Heal Mass 3
    Healing Wind

Up 2
    Knockback 1
    Knockback 2
    Stun

Edit: Does any know if there is an ability that gives a buff shield of 10hp to allies? I could have sworn there was an ability for it.

Edited in Bubble in place of Heal Champ 3 on UP 1

Xirone likes this.
  13. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I think you are looking for Bubble?

14. potatonuts

Not sure if you are just being condescending but undead champs are the reason I and many other people play the undead themed faction though I don't see originality or a lack of ideas being the issue here, I hate to criticize other people's concepts like this but right now i don't feel like there is anything worth writing home about. Everything either fills some obscure role or just doesn't really break the mold.

• Soulhacker - I like this concept but his upgrades are just an abomination of everything spirits already have.
    • Symbiotic Creeper - No problems here fits in the faction perfectly but it's not that exciting either.
    • Horde Messenger - ^^ same deal, but what is Airdrop?
    • Worldwalker - I love the flavor of this guy but functionally he is just an alternative to Death Harvester. Do we really want another champ based on an ability which is widely considered not to be worth the effort?
    • Infected Prisoner - I partially designed this so im biased to favoring it but realistically it is just meat with a gimmick.
    • Elsari Mindripper - Very obscure, It's a cool idea having something to debuff so effectively but it has such an incredibly specific role.
    Now don't get me wrong and start thinking that i am saying these concepts are bad, that is absolutely not what I am saying. I just feel that with that composition of champions we are going to be left with a lot of disappointed players in the faction. I very much doubt that this opportunity is going to come along very often and i think it would be a crying shame if we just designed a handful of champions for ourselves that went straight into the shoebox. I think we need more stuff that could be considered meta worthy or that could fit more nicely into pre-existing themes. I'm also a little unsure on the Mirefolk racials too, having 5 total won't suddenly give us a runnable theme but that Symbiotic Creeper would make a great worm with those abilities. If you wanted to make something different then why not try and make some vamps? That is a theme screaming out for attention.

Obviously i can't tout this as anything more than my opinion but it was my assumption that a player made expansion would be brimming with exciting and extravagant ideas such as your Necrotic Blob but what is currently there seems quite tame.

15. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

IS Equipment: Keg (Bag of Filth code)
    For every 4 spaces equipped champion moves, a Dwarven Mead Trap is summoned adjacent to it, under the control of the owner of this equipment. This equipment is destroyed after 4 triggers.

IS relic: Almara's Altar (Chopping Block code)
    At the end of your turn, the champion(s) with the lowest current HP is healed 5 HP. When there are no champions in play, this relic is destroyed.

IS Relic: Tavern (Tribal Hut code)
    This relic has preordained. Friendly Drunken Thug, Ironfist Brawler, Battle Matron, and Dwarven Axe Gaurd have sibling. When this relic is destroyed Dwarves within 8 spaces gain 2 ap.

FW Relic: Utterdark Opening (Ethereal Pool code)
    Champions deployed from the runedock after this relic is in play have Ethereal while this relic is in play. This relic loses 25% of its MAX HP rounded up whenever a champion is deployed.

IMAGIRL and Kampel like this.
  16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I am being totally serious. I could design like 5 or 6 undead dorks, and have suggested at least two or three previously in this thread. You're talking to do the guy who built and proselytized for Cheap Meat -- you think I don't like bland undead?

I have no present comment on the champions aside from the two I designed. Airdrop is the Salaman Commando ability that lets the champ drop into opposing fonts up to 10 tiles away. I didn't really expect the kit to be on a raven/beast thing (I more imagined a zombie soaring through the air). If you're looking for cheap dorks with a neat gimmick, I think that one fits the bill.

I don't see how Mindripper is incredibly specific in role. Is multi-purpose debuff that specific? And yes, it certainly *is* an obscure set of interactions.

17. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov I like what you did by turning him into the KF/ST Garu Icemage. With that said, what about the name Garu WinterMage and could you change the artwork to the following...

Artwork: A close-up portrait of a white Garu with carefully placed blood marks on its face. Above its head is a mystic crown made of ice. The crown is surrounded by a pale snowcloud. The Garu's eyes are severely dilated and glows a light blue, matching the general color of the snowcloud

Also, what about Frost Greeting or Frost Armor for the third upgrade slot on Upgrade Path 2?

Edit: I was super excited for Arrow Saint being a KF/IS split rune but do understand. Still, it would be awesome if it could work out somehow!

18. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov Hey i noticed you are considering the "automated minigun" equip for future expacs, the problem with it is that it directly competes with Gattlingguns, so i think it would work with less problems as an ability on a champ that makes the champ come into play equipped with it.

19. potatonuts

Well maybe not in itself but the situations in which it would be more useful than a damage dealing champion i think would be very specific. Particularly as FW has so many ways of dealing with superchamps already. It's hard to finalize that statement without knowing the cost though.

Really though it's not just the more traditional undead i'm missing but that i think we need one or two more things in there that really scream out awesome before we fill it up with the more less exciting functional stuff. I mean ST have an Owlzeloth and FS have a frikkin Salaman Mech, where is our big cool thing?

20. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Reflectwalker Crystal Boots (ST equip)

*Equipped champ has "Mirror Swap", "Portal Walker" and when equipped it is affected by "Deception" (when equipped 3 illusion of this champ appear with him)

Nora: should be cheap because it does not grant a way to constantly generate illusions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.