Discussion: Pox Nora on PlayStation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yo, though. Yo.

JellyBerry, Woffleet and Gnomes like this.
  3. 19madfox95

19madfox95 I need me some PIE!

The interface looks gorgeous, but damn, still no hands on PS4 and am using old PS3.

Gnomes likes this.
  4. oyo97

oyo97 I need me some PIE!

sick awesome and great news! just recently thought about that pox could easily work on this platforms!

Woffleet and super71 like this.
  5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

So now you know what the Sony thing is. Hope it makes more sense now and why I described it as I did in the previous threads.

bambino, Tweek516, Woffleet and 3 others like this.
  6. Qucas

Qucas Guest

I was hoping with all the changes you've been making, this game would continue to last and now I'm even more hopeful.

7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I wasn't going to buy a ps4 ever, I guess i'm forced now. I'm kinda curious how it's going to port over to playstation, I mean I feel like it will have a lot of bugs and movement won't be fluent. Hoping for the best though.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
    anima62, Woffleet and Gnomes like this.
  8. Sokolov

Admittedly, it's a bit of a challenge trying to wrangle the appropriate controls for Pox. But in terms of how the game runs in terms of abilities/mechanics, that isn't changing.

Woffleet and Gnomes like this.
  9. Sokolov

To be clear, the PC client will be the same, so even if you play on PC you'll get the upgrade.

Since it's a full client rewrite, this will bypass all the audio/lag issues in the current client as well (as I explained before, this is why it's taking so long to fix those... it wasn't worth spending a few months fixing that in the old client when we knew we'd be doing this).

jeeperz2, Tweek516, Woffleet and 8 others like this.
  10. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

A bit of a noob question, but does that mean that someone playing on a PC can be matched with someone playing on a PlayStation? Cause that would be awesome

jeeperz2 and Gnomes like this.
  11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

This is glorious.

Tweek516, Woffleet, Xzablaz and 3 others like this.
  12. MikeLin

MikeLin I need me some PIE!

So is the server right now gonna be a cross-platform one(for pc and ps4) or is it 2 separate servers? Cause if it is the later, I can tell you right now, it wont work.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
    super71 and Gnomes like this.
  13. Heart

Heart I need me some PIE!

I was already thinking about getting a PS4. Hmmmm

Gnomes likes this.
  14. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Seems like a player using a mouse would have an advantage over one using a PlayStation controller.

Gnomes, Makorov and super71 like this.
  15. thegne

thegne The King of Potatoes

so poxnora started with desert owl ,went to sony , came back to desert owl no0w going back to sony?

16. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

THIS IS AWESOME NEWS! Looks like I am buying a PS4. Wait what is vita? Small touch screen thing? If pox works well on that I am going that route.

Gnomes likes this.
  17. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Yeah, Vita is Sony's current handheld

18. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I worry about lag as I did with every game that went from pc to a console. I don't think matchmaking between someone using a ps4 and pc would be fair, the lag and the amount of power it takes to run pox on a computer versus ps4 is huge. For the price of a ps4 I can build a computer twice as fast and twice as powerful. Also the work load a ps4 would need to play this game will be interesting for sure.

Gnomes and Makorov like this.
  19. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Awesome news!! :)

Which engine is this new client built on?

Gnomes likes this.
  20. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

As DMR said I hope they address more then just client quality of life fixes and work on user experience. Would be great if they could also improove AI, so it can acutally help players get better, not worse like it is current AI.

Also the categories on the main menu could be better. How about single player and multiplayer, like every other game? But of course giving some focus on multiplayer.

Gnomes likes this.