Discussion: Pox Nora on PlayStation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

Lel Call of Duty.

super71 and Gnomes like this.
  2. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

Ok, now that you got my attention... ;)

- Is the new client Linux compatible? I'm going to buy a new PC anyway, but I would like to stay away from Win10 for personal tastes...

- Hardware requirements for the PC version?

- ETA on a release date?

(added some other questions...)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    Gnomes likes this.
  3. rheinhart

rheinhart I need me some PIE!

Yes but a ps4 is only running poxnora opposed to a pc running multiple things I don't think it will be bad.If you have a i7 and a bunch of high end componenets maybe a different story but for a average pc builder I don't think it be that much difference and sony is coming out with the neo next yr I believe which is a stronger ps4 that has 4k capabilities...

Gnomes likes this.
  4. rheinhart

I was wondering how will this game be on vita and ps4 do you gotta buy it or will it be a free to download game like on pc?

Gnomes likes this.
  5. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

It would be free-to-play most likely considering Pox is a f2p CCG. Sony will most likely get their cut through players purchasing shard microtransactions like other free-to-play games in the ps store.

Gnomes likes this.
  6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

games easy, learn2play. if you dont spend at least 20-30 hours a week learning and practicing pox thats a personal problem, doesnt mean the games hard. id call you a noob and other insults but then theyd remove my post.

Gnomes and electus1 like this.
  7. rheinhart

ya was thinking that too I bet sony is surprised this game is still around after selling it to the OWL.haha

Gnomes likes this.
  8. rheinhart

That's a pretty opinionated comment considering ps owners have dark souls and bloodborne which is by no means a easy game exclusive to their system and is very popular with ps owners...Not everyone plays cod on ps4 just like not everyone plays League Of Legends on pc...

Gnomes and 19madfox95 like this.
  9. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

No idea how Dark Souls compares in any way with the gameplay presented in Pox Nora. So I fixed that for you?! (You are welcome.)

Gnomes likes this.
  10. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

what are you most hyped about?

For me its 200 people online at a time?

And the new client look will be cool even if nothing actually new. (Kinda like changing where the furnature in your room is positiond even if not getting somthing new.)

electus1 likes this.
  11. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

The difficulty in those games lie in the ability to handle the controls well and responding to enemy patterns very fast, it's very straightforward after you learn the keys. Pox does require quick thinking, but it's much less intuitive as you also need to combine "reflexes" with a lot of game knowledge.

Gnomes likes this.
  12. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

This is great news! I bet the new client also will make possible future compatibility with Android and other devices. I do think an Android and/or IPhone version would be more popular than a PS4 version. I'm hoping we can get a PS3 and XBox1 version as well, the more the better.

I played Magic on PS3 and it wasn't too bad. Pox should be just fine.

I do not own a PS4 yet, I do own a PS3 and XBox1, and, of course, a PC. Been thinking about getting a PS4, but will probably have to wait until I get back to work after my upcoming spinal surgery.

It looks like all our patience sticking with Poxnora all these years just may be paying off for us! I dumped most of my runes before (except for my IS runes), but have built my collection back up to where I'm close to where I was before. So, it is possible to build up your collection, but just like any other F2P game, it is a money sink.

Lushiris and Gnomes like this.
  13. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

They could make it so that nora stays as if the nora had not been spent on a spell / hidden relic. UNTILL the spell is triggerd. Would allow only black ops to show actual value of nora they have. Would make that spell runnable. You would know when they play a spell.

14. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Reworked to "For X turns your opponent cannot see your Nora total."

That said I kind of agree but only because of Hidden spells. If it becomes like HS then the hidden spells in this game will need a slight cost decrease and maybe a few more spells released so that the opponemt wont know exactly what you cast.

Edit: Does this mean they are adding voice chat?

Gnomes likes this.
  15. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

A client rewrite sounds amazing, exactly what pox needed. As i understand it, the current client is a mess of spagetti code because it has changed hands so many times.

With a new client, not only will we see longstanding issues fixed, but new features should be a lot easier to implement, especially things like fancy animations and spell effects.

With the new client this is basically pox 2.0 in all but name. So hyped for this, even though it will probably be a long time coming.

fattyy2k and Gnomes like this.
  16. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Color me impressed.

Gnomes likes this.
  17. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Would the new client mean things like neutral champions and variable map sizes would become possible?

18. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Oooh yaaaaa!!! Does this mean that we will have the right ratio for a map/ ingame screen size now? (No more border on the left and right.)

And not this square shizz we have now?

(I know i know. This game was made in a time when games were just being developed for the first time and somthing somthing computer screens were between 4x4 and 3x4 ratio or somthing.)

19. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

[QUOTE="Sokolov

Soon (tm)

.[/QUOTE]

This was kinada my question in the thread i made befor. Why are you not alloud to give us a more concrete answer like "between 3 and 7" months? Im not mad or anything. Just for my own interests, why do companies (not just dog) , not give more of an answer? Why say soon? What does it protect you from instread of saying HOPFULLY 4-6 months?

20. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Failing to meet deadlines on a massive project is a good way to piss people the firk off

Gnomes likes this.