Discussion: Pox Nora on PlayStation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

As noted earlier, it's the plan but everything is subject to change.

2. Sokolov

All in-game.

Runegod and Kampel like this.
  3. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

Well thanks for the quick reply

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

well ya gotta remember mate, the ps4 came out in 2013, and the ps3 pretty much gets 0 support nowadays as MOST have moved on from it. so a ps3 release probably wouldnt be the best plan of action for getting lots of support from a new crowd as no one from E3 is gonna be like omg look at this new game on ps3

5. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

Crap. I'm getting old.

6. themacca

its okay man i only got a ps4 7 months ago

7. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

84% now, I am the 1%.

soulmilk likes this.
  8. themacca

THE 1% ARE THE TRUE MONSTERS OF THE WORLD!

Lushiris likes this.
  9. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

In terms of processing power, pox should run smoothly for PS4. The graphics demands are also considerably lower, so that should work fine.

Controls should actually be easy for PS.

L3 to pan camera. R3/arrows to control mouse pointer. Select a unit and it shows movement shadow. Attacks can show damage calculations before confirmation.

I like it.

I support much more ability simplification/consolidation to help make the game more newbie friendly. Eg...block/dodge changed to automatic once/round. Evasive/reflexes flat 35%. Things like charge, pounce, power attack only need 1 rank.

Capitulator, yobanchi and Xzablaz like this.
  10. rheinhart

rheinhart I need me some PIE!

So with the new client will the graphics be improved?Also will it have vr and / or 4k support?

11. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Apparently not, at least not from the start. Not sure I'm happy with that considering the first impression the new guys coming across it will be very important.

12. dbouya

dbouya I need me some PIE!

How much are you going to increase the turn timer? If ps4 players are going to compete against computer players they'll need the turn timer extended for the clumsy joystick controls.

Does this mean every computer versus computer match will also have increased turn timer? will computer players be able to select to queue for normal length matches against other computer players? or will they have to queue against both?

Poxnora is basically perfectly paced for how long a match lasts compared to human a.d.d. attention span right now with the current computer timer. So when you raise this how will that effect console player enjoyment?

Do you have any plans to allow offline play? like in something like frozen synapse? where each turn timer is 24hours? That's how things like words with friends became popular, although I am not sure it's a good fit for poxnora (given how many turns there are and how they are not asynchronous). This way you can play a dozen games at once all slowly over a week or two.

That said if the new client lacks the lag of the current client maybe the turn timer can stay the same? on pc right now turns are slowed down by input/animation lag. I guess if that went away everything would just work fine even on a joystick?

13. Runegod

Runegod I need me some PIE!

America

14. Runegod

Runegod I need me some PIE!

In all seriousness though, this is awesome.

Also, buff slags.

Gnomes likes this.
  15. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Another question:
    PS4 players wont be able to "chat", what will be implemented for them? audio chat or similar?

slabgar and Runegod like this.
  16. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

The PS4 on it's own has a pretty robust friends and communication system. We are looking into how this best plays into Pox Nora on PlayStation platforms. There is still much to be done before we can give any specifics or definitive answers.

Kampel likes this.
  17. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

@Sokolov I don't know if you've played the Disgaea series on the playstation, but I hope that our UI will be similar.

18. Sokolov

Yes, though in this case we don't have map rotation and the trigger keys are being used to quickly cycle between units.

newsbuff likes this.
  19. Sokolov

Here are some of the current controls being planned:

upload_2016-6-17_15-7-32.png

Goett and newsbuff like this.
  20. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Whats the chance of voice chat being added to Guilds?

Tweek516 and Gnomes like this.