Ooze Demon

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Xuldorl, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Xuldorl

Xuldorl I need me some PIE!

(Original concept scrapped. See lower post containing 'Seething Slag')

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I don't like this. The rune doesn't represent the flavorful art. Aside from Fester -which is debatable- I see no trademark UD style flavor or ability. Simply put, the artwork, and flavor text paint a picture that the design fails to follow through on. Normally I'm against giving criticism without giving a solution. However, everything I've thought of Slags already have access to. Namely Suiciders, and Ranged Damage Sponges. Perhaps an AoE Debuffer would be a better design route.

3. Xuldorl

Thank you for being honest. I appreciate feedback on this, even if it is negative.

I had considered an ability for a potential SP/UD split champion but ultimately decided against it.

Boil Ooze: Ooze terrain within (however many) spaces of the champion inflicts 4 fire damage to any champion entering an affected space or beginning their turn there. This does not affect champions that possess lavawalker.

Perhaps going for such a route would have been more advisable?

IMAGIRL likes this.
  4. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

+1 for LAVA OOZE

5. Xuldorl

I could do this..

Would it be Elemental, Slag, or would it be Demon, Slag? I could see it done either way.

Additionally, here is another ability idea;

Defiling Ooze: When a non-flying opposing champion within 5 spaces enters Ooze, it becomes cursed 2 and defiled 2.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  6. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I don't like being negative, but I felt honest feedback was the way to go. Thank you.
    I like it.
    If you stick with Boiling Ooze, then I'd suggest you go Slag, Elemental. SP has more than a fair amount of elementals, and so does UD. You'd need to tinker the art/flavor of the champ to replace the demonic tendencies with elemental styled ones, but I'd say it's a good route to go down. The elemental race alone would give it more usage outside of slags, while Boiling Ooze would add a new layer the slags mechanics.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  7. Xuldorl

Then, lets try this again;

Seething Slag
    Faction: Shattered Peaks/Underdepths (or FF Underdepths)

Race: Elemental, Slag, Class: None, Size: 1x1, Rarity: ?
    Artwork
    : A slag with eyes glowing like embers. Bubbles form on its flesh, from which some burst with flame.
    Flavor-Text: "Never in all my years have I seen such an angry slag. Who knew slag could be angry in the first place?"
    Nora Cost: ~70(?)

Champion Stats
    DAM:
    9, SPD: 6, RNG: 1, DEF: 1, HP: ~40

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Fire
    Boil Ooze: Ooze terrain within 5 spaces of the champion inflicts 4 fire damage to any champion entering an affected space or beginning their turn there. This does not affect champions that possess Lavawalker or Trail: Ooze.
    Trail: Ooze

Upgrade Ability Set #1
    Damage Shield: Fire (1)
    Damage Shield: Fire (2)
    Damage Shield: Fire (3)

Upgrade Ability Set #2
    Enrage (1)
    Enrage (2)
    Enrage (3)