Video Games

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by IMAGIRL, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Worthy titles, easily among my favorites (Shining in the Darkness is also pretty good, though a different style of game).

Not sure if you'd be interested, but Humble Bundle is doing a Sonic the Hedgehog "25th Anniversary" Bundle. No Shining Force or Shining in the Darkness, it's all Sonic games naturally, but it might cover some of your Sega needs.

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I saw that, but the only Sega games I really played were the Shining series. I enjoy strategy and role playing games more than platform games.

3. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Well, if all you want are those 2-3 games, you can/should probably get them even if they don't end up going on sale this summer. They are easily worth their "full" price ($3 USD each or $7.50 for the pack with all three and a bunch of other games).

It seems at least since they updated the emulator that Gamersgate.com isn't selling them any more. Or maybe they just ran out of their contract with Sega. It's a shame really, I would have otherwise recommended you check them out (might have been on sale, and no Steam DRM for them when I bought some from them).

4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I'll still consider getting them, but if they don't go on sale, I'll hold off, I have other games on my list too, Final Fantasy V being one that is almost certain to go on sale.

5. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Just realized I can get Final Fantasy VI on Steam, hope it goes on sale, it's my favorite FF game.

6. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Any good JRPGs I should check out on steam?

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I've heard the remake of VI is bad.

8. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Yeah, went and read some of the reviews and it doesn't sound good

9. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Don't get your hopes up. It's a failure. It's also my favorite. Specifically FFVIA.
    It's terrible. I cry, every time.
    :(

10. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

On a more positive note, I've been enjoying Gems of War so far. Just came out on Steam.

F2P Puzzle-quest-esque game. I haven't played enough to be able to comment on PvP or balance. It's progression system, though there's a lot to it, seems rather monotonous to say the least, and monotization is a bit iffy... but I've enjoyed what I've played so far without paying anything so... at least for a short while it might prove to be an interesting diversion for those that like such games.

11. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Steam Summer Sale is LIVE!

Serious question for those in the Southern Hemisphere. Is it called the Steam Winter Sale for you guys atm?

12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

So what's everyone picked up so far?

13. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Has anyone played "War for the Overworld"?

14. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Yeah, was rather "meh", but there have been patches in the meantime. Gotta give it another try some time.

15. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Good to know. Have to wait till I get a new computer to even play it, so passing on it now. Probably can't play much from the summer sale because my laptop is 6 years old.

16. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I got Tabletop Simulator, Sega Genesis pack 4 which includes the Shining Force games, and Banner Saga.

17. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Wish Lunar: Eternal Blue would be rereleased again.

18. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I used to have the collector's edition of Lunar: Silver Star Story, sold it for 150% of purchased price later (even to it was opened).

Qucas likes this.
  19. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I got mine (both SSS and Eternal Blue) used and still relatively cheap several years ago. I guess maybe I'll consider selling them if I really need money... but they are such good games I'm not really inclined to.

20. Qucas

Qucas Guest

I heard it will play on PS3, is that true? I can get Lunar 2 off of Gamestop for 50 dollars, which is better than the prices on Ebay.