Video Games

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by IMAGIRL, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Qucas likes this.
  2. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Awesome, know what I'm getting first when I get a new job.

3. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Anyone ever play Skylanders? Is it too kiddish, course I play Pokemon so I'm not sure what too kiddish is.

4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Try Spiral Knights. Good fun.

Also, to answer your original question; no.

Qucas likes this.
  5. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Downloading now and will play tomorrow, looks fun.

6. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Some things to note.
    • Missions are always worth doing.
    • The Arcade is fun to dive into when you want to heat (level) your weapons without it getting too tedious. It can get repetitive as well, but as a new player you shouldn't learn the 'random' layouts too fast.
    • Pay attention to enemy attacks. Once you know their patterns you will feel like a god.
    • Learn how each type of damage affects enemies. It helps.
    • The starting weapons they give you Calibur, and Blaster aren't terrible. The final upgraded forms Leviathan Blade, and Valiance are the two best late game weapons in my opinion. The Normal Damage type isn't affected by damage modifiers (+/-). You should aim to complete these weapons first, then focus on specializing your sets for more unique enemies. Trying to build too much too fast is what eventually turns new players off from the game.
    • Accessories are a never ending loop of awe, and despair. Pretend they don't exist. Trust me.
    • Have fun.

I wrote up a bigger version, but condensed it to the non-spoilers. This is the official wikia. Browse it at your own peril. http://wiki.spiralknights.com/Main_Page

Edit: The Operation Crimson Hammer expansion is worth it. It adds more to the story, and gives you two very unique weapons upon completion. However, Do NOT attempt it until your able to win it on Tier 3. Complete ting T3 will give you both 5* (Means 5 Star) End game items. They are permanently bound to your character. Completing Tier 1 will permanently bind two 1* items to your account, and doing Tier 2 will permanently bind two 3* items to your account.

If your like me and don't like useless clutter in your inventory, you'll appreciate the warning.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

If you haven't played the Shining Force games yet, you can get both for under $2. They're the best Sega Genesis had to offer.

IMAGIRL and Qucas like this.
  8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I have Armello, I've got almost 40 hours into it. I know @Sokolov has it too. I enjoy it, and you get items you can sell/trade on Steam after every game.

9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Not springing the extra buck fifty for Shining Force?

10. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

stalker series is the Bane Shift man. Misery mod makes, I forget which one, really cool. Mordheim is alright but I don't have the patience to learn the ins and outs or have the time.

11. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Best purchase of the Steam Summer Sale so far is Kaiju-A-GoGo Was expecting it to be a laid-back game fun for the times when I can't play full games. I got so much more. On sale for $3.49 until July 4th.

12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

How's it going so far?

13. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Won't load, need to find out why.

14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Are you playing it through Steam? What OS are you using? Have you made an account on http://www.spiralknights.com/ before you tried to login to the game on Steam?

15. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Windows 10 and tried using it through the Spiral Knights website

16. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Windows 10 isn't supported as far as I'm aware. Try compatibility mode, and look around for possible fixes. Also, what OS Bit?

17. Qucas

Qucas Guest

It's my video card based on my research

18. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Qucas likes this.
  19. Qucas

Qucas Guest

20. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

If you haven't played the Metro games yet, you should. Same with Brothers: A Tale of two Sons.