Should UD's bonus affect regardless of range?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Revengercm, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

Idk man. Why can't we have high dmg (it's just 2 DMG lol) range champs?

Every other faction bonus affects the champ regardless of how they are, right?

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

No. Faction identity, DMG better on range than melee, makes UD a ranged faction, antithetical to design goals; concept of fairness absurd when addressing design. Not a balance issue, shouldn't be changed even if it was.

Tweek516, SPiEkY and IMAGIRL like this.
  3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Idk... Some faction's bonuses dont effect any of their champions unless your opponent allows it.

Axeraiser likes this.
  4. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

No

SPiEkY likes this.
  5. Revengercm

Nah. Is not a balance issue.

I just think UD demons need a buff, Fairys should be deleted from this game.

6. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

No stop it, mw24 made a thread not long ago about this, it's a bad idea.

7. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

The thing is, champs in UD and KF are somewhat prenerfed for the bonus which then lets them have around normal stats for a reduced price. Simply adding +2 DMG to range would make some of them hit too hard. Taking 2 DMG off base from all the ranged champions, and then changing the bonus may make sense. The downside would be using those champs in a UD split. UD's bonus isn't perfect, I agree, but I don't agree that giving the ranged champions all +2 DMG is the way to fix it.

Revengercm and super71 like this.
  8. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I read that in the voice of Mordin Solus.

SPiEkY and themacca like this.
  9. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

I'd argue instead more factions need to factor in range for their bonuses. ST, for example, could stand to be +3/+6 hp.

All stats are more valuable on ranged, but only one faction even considers this.

OriginalG1 and SPiEkY like this.
  10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

You think his speech pattern is just a quirk, but it's freakin' great if you have a bunch of key concepts you want to say and hate grammar.

SPiEkY and potatonuts like this.
  11. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Hell could be worse, Some faction's bonuses don't effect any of their champions unless those champions are DESTROYED. Now that's a bonus!

Or maybe we could tie all faction bonuses to nora costs, say with only sub 65 nora champs getting the full bonus and everything else getting rect.

Netherzen likes this.
  12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I love how much you hate the FW bonus.

SPiEkY likes this.
  13. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

To be fair though, that's what makes attrition decks in FW viable.

SPiEkY likes this.
  14. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I do what I want.
    Plus undead don't need love unless you're in one of those sparkle vampy novels

15. TheRavager

TheRavager The King of Potatoes

UD bonus used to be +5 dmg across the board for a long time. Nerfed for being crazyyyy

SPiEkY likes this.
  16. Revengercm

didn't think of the split. Nice point.

17. Revengercm

I hate people that criticize people who speak their language as their second, third etc.

I don't think it's that bad lol. English is the easiest subject in my college. Spanish is way harder.

18. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I do hate grammar.

19. Revengercm

not saying they do because of unbalance. I just mentioned because it would be nice so that all of them have it but split point was a very good point.

20. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

You can also think of the UD bonus as giving more to Melee, instead of less to Ranged.

Kampel and SPiEkY like this.