My Tortun BG

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Woffleet, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

2. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

I'm doubtful of cleansing mist and nora artillery.
    They both seem very predict-focused, cleansing mist at least is quite cheap but nora artillery is ALL of your nora, minimum 45. And both of them could end up being completely useless.
    Normally I would be fine with mist again because of how cheap it is, but when split with KF you have access to 2 different sources of on the spot cleanse...
    And nora artillery I would 100% say just run a different aoe spell, both FS and KF have a load of good ones.

3. Woffleet

Nora Artillery is amazing you are seriously underestimating this rune especially with all the cc I have in this BG.

Cleansing mist is their for healing and cleansing. Yes KF has better cleansing options but this does both cleanse and heal and has a short cooldown

4. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

I take it this is just a fun bg right?

5. Woffleet

real talk i've beat many highrank players with this. Yes I do lose quite a bit but thats just because of Tortuns weaknesses the deck is powerful.

6. Shakuhachi

Shakuhachi New Member

7. Woffleet

Honestly I don't understand your BG. Why do you have or crown of petals? Is this a BG centtered around restricting opposing movement through devolve, vines and markers and then killing them with mortars?

8. Shakuhachi

Shakuhachi New Member

that was the idea.... good idea, but technically not functional, that bg is garbage and i cant win a single game with it, against experienced players.

Thanks for the reply

9. Woffleet

To be honest i'm having a lot of trouble with torurns lately myself. I need to rethink my BG

10. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Tortuns Fishkisser is at least x1 auto. Great idea behind the bg.

11. Shakuhachi

Shakuhachi New Member

I think it would be just fine to remove that tortalleon pygmy, the portal mages can create them fairly easy.

Tried 1 fishkisser, works, a bit tricky on that when you have to play it. Also... 1 not enough, 2 too many (we tortun players dont have theme scrying ability... would be nice on "tortun favored"? maybe? )

https://poxbase.com/deck/chYCo7cyOcyDcivcyHcyUCizcxxcixCyFCimco8cufs1s6Ts7wsqS1gs54rNrGrWE2w

Here, a different tortun bg, somewhat spell based. Includes Tremir as hero (a real life saver... well, if your units aren't catching any cannon balls)

Double Marsh Song, if you can get to play them early... your adventure may have a happy ending, play them too early, its gonna be a sad song.

You can try playing a Corsair instead of the Groundpounder (i haven't tried) for the sweet effect of tariff (consider backlash as an option if u swap banditry on various torts, wouldn't recommend, it seems like one of their strong points now, maybe?)

Suggestions ? Ideas?

12. Cinder405

13. Cinder405

You run alot of champs which is good and bad. The minelayer is not that great especially because he's five speed. You argue that initiative from HoO helps with that issue but I would scrap it.

The gunslinger is a bit pricey and can be great champ for CC with stun. However I don't think he is necessary in a faction where Reverberating Blast can be more effective. Remove both and add a Fishkisser and a Reverberating Blast maybe.

The Tortuns Mortar is a great range greaser but it should only be x1. Replace one with something that will synergize with your group. Perhaps a poison cloud to finish champs or cause more knock back damage.

These are changes I would make in for style of play. Try it out. Also remove Grenadier and throw another Tortuns Repeater. Running them with Sentinel or Defensive strike for decent damage output. Also you can knock back champions into a defensive strike or into the fire traps the Repeaters can lay.

14. Woffleet

Ok guys current builds? Stratageys?
    I've found that a lot of my play revolves around the tortallen gunbatteries. Honestly they are the MVPs of my BG. Great damage long range and can be used to destroy relics and pressure shrine into transfiguring. One they do Nora artillery wins the game. :)