Poxnora Makes All Runes Free Besides One Set

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hatecrimes, Apr 18, 2014.

1. hatecrimes

hatecrimes The King of Potatoes

Recently after the switch I wanted to turn my gold that I had earned in. I went to look at the packs in the store, all the way up to plague of blah release are now earn able. This is a huge problem. When sony bought poxnora, they made the about 10 sets free. That people had paid money for. Now in 2014 when desert owl gets the game back again sets become free that people paid for. Why is this a problem. For one this game is a collecting game. If you give the runes I paid money for away for free. That makes what I collected have zero value. So for the second time, my runes have been devalued along with everyone else. I know I wont be paying anymore money on this game. Nore will I advise anyone else to. You can play completely free if you spend enough time building your account.

Solution is to stop giving the runes that people already paid money for away free. And to just create a expansion for and with the intent of giving it away via a earn able reward such as the gold.

RUNES HAD VALUE. IF NOT THEN GIVE YOUR RUNES AWAY CAUSE THEY HOLD NO VALUE, AND YOU CAN GET MORE OF THE FREE RUNES YOU HAD BEFORE.

WHAT HAS GIVING THE RUNES AWAY FOR FREE ACCOMPLISHED, WHERE ARE ALL THE NEW PLAYERS!!!!

YOU ARE NOT PAYING TO COLLECT THESE RUNES, YOU ARE PAYING FOR EARLY ACCESS THAT IS ALL. EVENTUALLY ALL RUNES WILL BE FREE. CAUSE ITS ONLY EARLY ACCESS.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

You can quit.

Others will come.

The new developers will skyrocket this game to the place is deserves, with or without you baby ~

mortal ix, Gnomes, Pixyrus and 4 others like this.
  3. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

Troll thread? 0/10 if so.

I'm going to be really nice about this one.

You know that collection you are so worried about the value of. A couple of months ago SOE was about to close down the Poxnora servers and then all your runes would have went "poof"

Your collection has no value. Period. The value = the fun you have with them. If the game goes under you can't use them, exchange them, trade them, sell them whatever because the game servers and the website will disappear over night.

What the current devs are doing is trying their best to make it so the game stays up and running and you can still play with and use your precious runes.

Try to see the big picture man.

mortal ix, Anima26, sharang2 and 13 others like this.
  4. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

If you hate Pox so much that you won't pay for its gameplay, don't.

Apostate likes this.
  5. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Your runes never had value, they only had perceived value. Only you can change their perceived value.

Knowing that you can give whatever value you choose to assign to them. Open your rune manager, stroke the screen, call them precious, your runes are the most valuable of them all.

Feel better now?

hatecrimes likes this.
  6. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Hope you're sitting down :

It was never worth anything.

PurpleTop, profhulk and Dagda like this.
  7. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

So if I play for gold, turn that gold into a pack of cards, then turn those cards into shards that I then turn into a card you paid for, that's bad? Seems like I worked a lot harder for my card than you did for yours. the fact that you can just spend money and get the same item I had to play the game months in order to get... I don't think its me hurting you, but the other way around.

And before someone steps in with the 'without people buying cards there would be no game' argument, let me remind you that the game wasn't sold off because there wasn't enough people spending money. Just ask any of the fanboys around here. Pox was profitable, theyre sure of it. So why was the game sold off? Not enough f2p'ers. Blows your mind don't it.

8. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

Well they did lay off a bunch of people and shutter the SOE Tuscon location....

Easier to turn a profit after you lay off the entire workforce.

9. kat7ra

kat7ra Member

Are you for real?

You'd rather have the game go down and lose everything then other ppl getting the possibility to grind and trade for runes you paid money for?

10. Nemorga

Nemorga I need me some PIE!

OP added to my "ignore list".

'Nuff said!

mortal ix and ArchersAxe like this.
  11. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

Time is money.

Karamasov and sharang2 like this.
  12. ArchersAxe

ArchersAxe Member

The moment you accept the fact that this is a game and you're suppose to have fun, you'll have a blast on here whether you lose or not.

I'm pretty certain I've spent more on this game than you have, and I'm pretty darn happy.

TeaNinja likes this.
  13. Sarashu

Sarashu The King of Potatoes

*Sigh* Such exaggeration.... At first I thought you meant actually 'free', but no; you mean a way that takes infinitely more time and effort.

14. hatecrimes

And actully, what has giving the rune away for free done. NOTHING, there isnt more players then before. SO IF YOU ARE THAT DUMB THEN **** AND GET THE ********. IVE BEEN TALKING TO THE CREATORS OF CONQUEST OF CHAMPIONS AND THEY AGREE WITH ME. SO IF YOUR REALLY SO SMART THEN WHY DO DEVELPORERS GET WHAT I AM SAYING. THEY SOLD YOU OUT AND YOUR GONNA BACK THEM UP. LOL YOU GUYS ARE TO Firking DUMB. ID BE WILLING TO BET NONE OF YOU ACTULLY PAID Bane Shift. POOR PPL THIS GAME WAS NEVER MENT FOR YOU.

Xirone likes this.
  15. hatecrimes

I agree, but instead of it being there money, its ours. They wouldnt have to release tons of expansions for the earnable rewards. Maybe one or 2 a year. Not much to ask if its a collecting and trading game. PERIOD

16. hatecrimes

you sound ******** Firk, if your runes have no value then why dont you give them away, they you can get more, cause they have no value, and there free.

17. ptjimbo

ptjimbo I need me some PIE!

Someone sounds sour. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

18. hatecrimes

they are already like that.

19. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Guys ... ignore and move on.

20. hatecrimes

not at all, you sound like a bunch of fan boy nerds