Do you like dags? (Pets)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by darklord48, Jul 26, 2016.

1. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Another thread got @Kampel and I started talking about what you consider a real dog. To me anything smaller than 20 lbs isn't a real dog. It's something that has been twisted into a cat substitute or a fashion accessory. For those that aren't sure what a 20 lb dog is, a Corgi is the size I'm referring to.

I have a German Shorthaired Pointer. It is a very high energy breed that is good for hunting. Our first GSP was great with our kids, so we decided to stick with another GSP for our second dog after the first died. Do any of you have dogs, and if so, what breed? If the title confused you, I suggest you go watch Snatch.

[​IMG]

Qucas and Kampel like this.
  2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I'll admit to being a cat person. We've got 4 in our household, and I love all 4 of those dweebs

IMAGIRL, Qucas and BurnPyro like this.
  3. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

No. Allergic to animal hair.

Also, corgis are great, for me it stops with misbred trash dogs like pugs or the size of chihuahuas. Also, screw agressive ("territorial") dogs, just teach it to be social. If I ran around yelling at and threatenig people that wouldn't be particulary acceptable either.

If I would have a pet ... Maybe a turtle, or a small snake, those would fit my temper.

Qucas and SPiEkY like this.
  4. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

To me it needs to have thick legs, big paws, big head, long hair and weight 35KG++

Bear size fluffball

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I have always had dogs growing up and have spent a lot of time around them. The kennel we used to keep our Labradors at offered me a job when I was younger because when we went to pick our dogs up after a trip one of their German Shepards got loose (They trained police, security and attack dogs there). The dog charged right at me but stopped and lay at my feet when I stood my ground. I cant quantify it but I have never met a dog that didn't like me. Conversely I have a deep-seated loathing for cats and every cat I have ever met has avoided me completely. One of my friends used to have a blind cat that "was the sweetest thing" but when I was over at her house the cat would run out of the room as soon as I walked in. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Pot belly pig count?

7. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

walking dogs is what i do. don't own any, though. want a doberman, always liked the way they look

8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Works for me @Baskitkase.

I should update the thread title to just reference pets.

9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

With the cropped ears or not? I had a Doberman when I was a kid. He was a good dog, but had a bad habit of humping my brother. Oddly it only happened when my brother wore black pants.

10. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Got 5 chickens, too, if we're just naming all the pets we have

11. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

12. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

oh, dogs.
    sure. I like dags.

Qucas, SPiEkY and darklord48 like this.
  13. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I love cats, I just can't finish one by myself.

Qucas likes this.
  14. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

pic from 2 weeks ago of me and my babies
    13607053_10101352196030185_661426926200355385_n.jpg

15. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

I have 2 cats. My girlfriend has 4. We are moving in together in October. It will be interesting.

16. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

You'll have a clowder of cats. Hopefully they won't eat you.

17. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I have strong opinions on this.

No dogs are real dogs, they are all selectively bred Frankensteins.

That said, some are worse than others -breeding a animal into the shape of a sausage dog or a chihuahua should be considered animal cruelty imo.

Qucas, Kampel and BurnPyro like this.
  18. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

This is always hard, takes a while for cats to get used to each other.

Also a cat person. Pretty sure they have a sixth sense for if you are a cat person or not. Do you happen to wear heavy boots @Markoth ?

19. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

They are all very cuddly. Though one of hers likes to ambush and bite me. He never does it to her. He just has decided I am good for playing with.

Qucas likes this.
  20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I have cats.

But I also love my dags @Dagda

IMAGIRL, Qucas and Dagda like this.