Mind Orb

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bagoftrick, Jul 28, 2016.

1. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

So this is a thing.

30 nora.

Equipped champion gains Mindwipe Aura 1. If this equipment is destroyed, this champion takes 5 Psychic damage and permanently has -3 DEF.

have it cost 5 nora and I'll THINK about running it.

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

3. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

MINDWIPE ON DEMAND???????????
    LOLOLOLLOLOOLOL
    This expansion is a train wreck.
    Except for the art, art is cool.

Edit: wait, the OP was complaining about it? #poxplayers

Edit 2: just to expand cause Pox new generation needs lenghty explanations: pacified is an uncounterable effect.

Ballballer, JellyBerry and SPiEkY like this.
  4. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Just wait until you hear about UD getting on spot Manic.

SPiEkY and Pedeguerra like this.
  5. Pedeguerra

KKKKKKKKK
    This is too much, Im glad its a slow day at the office today.
    Keep em coming.

SPiEkY and JellyBerry like this.
  6. bagoftrick

i think your over stating how good mindwipe aura is especially at range 1.

7. Pedeguerra

Yeah, it's either: me over stating OR you under stating. Hummm.
    Let me just spell it out for you though: U-N-C-O-U-N-T-E-R-A-B-L-E

SPiEkY likes this.
  8. bagoftrick

does it deal damage? does it remove your ap? does it remove your champ from play? the fact that its uncounterable means very little since it grnats mobility. which means you can simply walk away. which makes it counterable through a very simple means. its a stall effect nothing more.

4NIK8 and Willow like this.
  9. Pedeguerra

Ok man, since you are a veteran player I feel I dont need to explain this too much to you, so here it goes:
    Uncounterable effects cant be on demand because the only way a player can react to it is by seeing it coming (for example, you deploy a champion with the ability OR you are playing against KF who has access to Reclaim, for example). This is the first issue.
    Secondly, and your questions are almost entering the realm of dumbness, does it deal damage? No, it simply makes sure YOUR champion wont receive none in a skirmish. Does it remove your AP? In a way, since it removes temporarily the ability to spend AP on attacks. Does it remove a champ from play? Should it for 30 nora? But it does hinder its ability to counter react.
    "It grants mobility". Really man?
    See this is why I get upset and am not really helpful anymore. I feel Pox players are getting dumber.

SPiEkY likes this.
  10. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Yeah, KF pays 50 for on-demand Reclaim. Mind Orb does need AP and a champion in position but it is way cheaper.

11. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

The equip looks rather crap, been running it a few times in Salaman and there was never a time where I would have liked to use it.

Reclaim has a bigger AoE, can be cast anywhere, doesn't expose a champ to danger, doesn't have drawbacks and lasts multiple turns.

4NIK8 and doubtofbuddha like this.
  12. bagoftrick

with negative consequences to boot. and reclaims aoe is much better which you forgot to mention. o and its duartion. which you also forgot to mention.

13. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

All that is true but from my experience the initial turn Reclaim is cast is the one that counts. The lingering effects of the spell are much easier to avoid, generally. I'm just saying Mind Orb doesn't seem that bad. Heck, for the price you could equip it on a summon so that the downsides don't matter so much.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  14. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

FS is not really that built in terms of summons. I mean, maybe for boghoppers, but that is about it.

15. Pedeguerra

You still dont know much about the game, do you man?

16. bagoftrick

even on a summon it would need a lot of misplay by your opponent. you'd be investing onto a summon that you are likely to lose next turn, as most summons now have low hp totals. then you'd have to rely on your opponent to have a couple of units standing close by one and other to generate an effect worth a 30 nora investment.

17. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

We should see if it gets any use the next weeks, and if not, maybe it should be mindwipe aura 2.

kalasle likes this.
  18. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yea, we'll see how it goes. I started with Mindwipe Aura 1 because it seemed potentially quite strong already, but it's one of those things that is not easy to evaluate on paper.

DrakeArron likes this.
  19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

This that good, patient type of suggestion.

20. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

if your champ lives long enough it can use it again and again..