Gobberlins!?

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by potatonuts, May 28, 2016.

1. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I am a UD scrub but Goblins seem cool, anybody got a deck or some general advice they could post?

2. noamkeren

noamkeren I need me some PIE!

3. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

The best goblins imo are gloombringer, spellkaiser, king. Arsonist is also good. So x2 those.

All the others are decent, with the possible exception of collector, so just pick from them whichever suits you.

In terms of tactics, just try to steal good abilities and to make use of cheap champs to harass fonts.

If they build up, there are a couple of large AoE abilities available (annihilate and irresponsible essence inbibement) which you can get on multiple champs if the king takes one and combine with superiority for some large area nuke turns - 30-40 damage in an AoE 6 is usually enough to win outright.

Kampel and potatonuts like this.
  4. potatonuts

I like the sound of this!

5. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

6. potatonuts

What is that little question mark thingie at the top of the toolbar?

7. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

Well, obviously if your going to play Goblins you need the best Goblin rune of them all, Goblin Rotpack Old. This is why no one really plays them anymore; after @Kampel found that exclusive secret rune he clearly became the best goblin player ever, and now to compete you need one to. However, this theme is sort of like king of the hill, as only one of this insane rune exists. Therefore if you want to play gobos really well, you have two options-
    a: convince kampel to give you his. This is highly unlikely, as before he found that rune Kampel was a nobody average player. Not a chance hes going back to that.
    or b: convince the devs to make the rune available again. If you do this, I recommend @Sokolov . He appears to be the most gullible.
    Good luck!

This is obviously all tongue in cheek. Any comments about themes, people, or pink bunny rabbits are almost entirely fictional.

almost...

Kampel likes this.
  8. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

ptjimbo, darklord48, Qucas and 3 others like this.
  9. Kampel

Omg goblins are fun, i've been in SL for too long i forgot how "fun" feels

Qucas and SPiEkY like this.
  10. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

It is called hint or tip or something, mine always turns on for the 1st game.

11. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

I'm finding that Avarice works well on the King or Gloom bringer. 1-3 range is lovely with Manic.

The Little gang are excellent harassers and good targets for the King's Drain.

The bomb spell was a bit meh, I prefer sac or retri.

Qucas and Kampel like this.
  12. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

[​IMG]
    left to right: spellswallower, rock eater, aid defense, enduring aura 3, complex machine. He magic beamed next turn and killed one but it was still one of my better thieveries.

Qucas, Kampel and DrakeArron like this.
  13. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

higher defence than attack, in UD? Stop this foolishness

Qucas and DrakeArron like this.
  14. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I get that all the time with the +10 DEF buff from the Giving Trees

15. DrakeArron

Well, giving trees aren't in theme with UD either. Giving gifts? That sort of behavior will be the end of the HELLDEATHFIREANDBRIMSTONE faction!

It's almost as bad as having fluffy bunny rabbits....

Qucas, Kampel and SPiEkY like this.
  16. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Not to mention that there's probably less than half a dozen UD players who even have Giving Trees these days

Qucas and Kampel like this.
  17. DrakeArron

Hmmm. I just thought of something-
    What if we had a rune, that was only given out to, like, 10 players in the game. However, this rune would be programmed so that very rarely, say like once a year or something, it would create a new, different rune that could be given to another player?
    This is sort of inspired by a reward card in Hex:Shards of fate that creates cards, however you can't trade them.

These created runes would, of course, be LE and entirely cosmetic. But it might be a cool way to make people more generous.

EDIT: (This is related to that comment because this would sort of be like a giving tree that gives to players, and the hex rune is also a tree :p)

18. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

HaHa! bought a pack with gold and got this!
    upload_2016-7-31_23-37-23.png

19. Kampel

There can't be two kings, one of us must perish -.-

Qucas and DrakeArron like this.
  20. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Well, it was good knowing you, I guess

Qucas likes this.